It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best bass player of all time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Sweet! I really love one of the ones Trey uses on the King Crimson eyes wide open dvd. I forget how many strings it has but it is half fretless.

Being a drummer I'll never get to play with this sweet gear. Though one day I hope to build an electric/acoustic hybrid kit like Pat Mastellotto uses in said dvd.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
While there have been some amazing bassists suggested so far they have one thing in common: their gender. So in the interests of equality I present to you Emma Anzai of Sick Puppies.

First up from their debut album, Howard's Tale.

Upping the standard somewhat, Master Of The Universe from album #2.

Bass playing isn't her only talent, she's also got a gorgeous dark voice & the looks to match it, as evidenced here.

I know it could be argued that her place among the best of all time is questionable to say the least, however female musicians in the rock/metal genre tend to be overshadowed by their male counterparts which is something of a shame. This seems counter-productive to me, shouldn't we men be encouraging them so we can see more hot, sweaty ladies on stage?

edit on 16/9/2011 by Microwaved because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Gene Simmons of KISS
Michael Anthony of Van Halen

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Steve Harris from Iron Maiden,he to me is number 1.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Forget whether I posted before and can't be bothered to check back but the greatest of all time is Les Claypool closely followed by the late, great Cliff Burton.

Steve Harris is third.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Robbie Shakespear from Black Uhuru / Sly&Robbie und uncounted apearances in studio fe other bands...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

edit on 12/10/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join