How Does god look like?

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I believe that the hindu religion says something that no other religion dare to say it,that the entire universe or multiverse is nothing but a computer generated dreamworld known as the matrix in english.And that everything is already written and that to go to the real world you must as pure as mother teresa or mahatma gandhi.So if life is out there in other stars which it is then their god's image would be different from ours.The chances of god being a biological organism is 1%,the chances of god being a pure energy life form or soul is 1% and the chances of god being a machine is 98%.So i think god has to be a machine.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
IF this universe is a construct, how can you attempt to place an image onto G_d which is defined within this construct. All about you you see constructs, models... Shells. That is all that the body is, a shell, a vessel, a container that has basic functions until it is driven by a soul. Which brings up this very important question...

Can you have a drive-by souling?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am not sure what your talking about but most people imagine God has having a white robe,white hair and beard., and sandals.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is an entry from my blog a few days ago. It has to do with religion and God. Its a little off but I think you'll understand my point.

This is what I came up with:

How does God relate to religion? Does religion have real purpose? Do you have to have a religion to understand something that cannot be understood? I don’t think so. I think religion is irrelevant. God is a function in itself and does not need anything to justify it. Religion is a catalyst for understanding an abstract idea such as God. It attempts to explain something that cannot be explained. God just exists. It is a force so powerful that it cannot be understood. God is bigger than us and is never meant to be questioned. It is not open for debate…ever. To me God is the building blocks of all things. I think God is the universal energy of everything. You cannot function with it. It’s sort of the master recipe for things. Religion is the middle man. It’s just a template that links humans to God and it is not necessary. Who is right and who is wrong? All religions don’t share the same characteristics. Religion is manmade and therefore cannot be relevant.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
well were do you get your persents from?
and how could God be a machine when machines have to be made, and if you say that well something else made it then it wouldnt be God because God created evrything, also what would have created the machine?

also in the bible is says that God created us in his image so i would say he looks like one of us (well actually i think he can look like anything he wants but chooses to look like one of us).

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think that the attempted visualization of god is our own way of dealing with a concept that makes no sense to us.

We are taught that god exists, but we have never seen him. I think that visualizing him in our own minds is the brain's way of dealing with the concept.

Personally, I've always had different images of him over the years, and they all only shared one thing. A beard. I suppose I associated that with age and wisdom.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
God doesn't look like anything because he's an imaginary being made up by humans.

Muslims aren't allowed to make images of god, because as soon as you do you limit the
boundless imagination of all peoples to experience their imaginary god in their own way.

Hindu's have multiple gods and goddess, and the artists who first depicted their gods and goddess get no credit for their creativity, if they were alive today they might sue for intellectual property theft.

What is your definition of "machine"?
I don't think its the Hindu religion you are talking about, but the religion of the programs in TRON.
"Users wrote us, a User even wrote YOU!"

Your real question is "what is the matrix?"

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think God looks like Mel Gibson....or does Mel Gibson look like God....hmmmmmmmmm.....not sure....anyways that Mel Gibson sure is dreamy though......

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

How Does god look like?

That brings up the questions:

Where does God smell like?
Why does God feel like?

I think God looks like Mel Gibson....or does Mel Gibson look like God....hmmmmmmmmm.....not sure....anyways that Mel Gibson sure is dreamy though......

That Mel Gibson is dreamy. Did you see him in Tim? He was retarded but he wore nice little shorts.....and then in Braveheart I was hoping he would do a twirl in that kilt....

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

the chances of god being a machine is 98%.So i think god has to be a machine

First off where the hell did you get that figure....Machines are man made....are you saying god was man made...and if so that kinda changes things as far as the bible is concearned doesnt it.....Yeah God is a toaster....

new topics

join