It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else here miss Art Bell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just don't like George Noory!Art was SO much better at interviewing & keeping people from changing stations!Now that he has so much time on his hands, I hope he writes another book! I wish he'd listen to my idia about starting a tv show on Sci-Fi.I can see Art doing a Larry King styled show having one guest every week sit down & talk.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Agreed, Art is a great radio personality. I can't fault George as I really only get to listen on weekends and I haven't heard that much. What I miss more than anything is art's website. I really wish he would have kept artbell.com up and running. I realize his show provided a lot of the content but ATS doesn't have a show and look at the posts and pics here. I think he would have remained a great source for all things mysterious and I loved his updates concerning his amateur station and projects. I hope he decides to at least put up a member page through the ARRL or QST.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I enjoyed Art for a long time and was disappointed at his departure. But loke myself he is getting up there and would like to smell the roses before they are gone forever.
At first, out of some kind of loyalty I did not appreciate George and Barbra, but have now begun to. We are all different. In some ways I enjoy the program more for now there is more input on down to earth subjects that deal with more concrete issues as well as the paranormal. And since I am semi-retired if not more I get to listen much more often now. I do not have to go to work when the phone rings at any given hour, I am finally like George, OFF THE HOOK!

tut tut

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Art's web site was MUCH better than George's. I hate how George will posy ANY picture & pass it off as something 'mysterious!'I swear, he had a Gremlin action figure picture that was slightly out of focus & wrote, "Could this be the infamous goat sucker" after it.

Art could talk about anything & hold my interest!

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Art always reminded me of the vincent price of conspiracies...
a great show man

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I loved Art, but noticed he could get a bit terse with his guests and callers sometimes. I alway figured it was just his bad back acting up though. I have noticed a drop off of interesting guests since Noory has taken over the show though.

BACK ENGINEERING ANCIENT UFO

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i loved listening to art bell.

i use to listen to him when i worked the grave yard shift for a courier company. i'd drive all night hauling crap around and listen to him. i loved the show but i really didnt like anyone who stood in for him. after awhile it got so that he had others "standing in" for him for long periods of time (i understand why so i'm complaining) and i kinda stopped listening.

to me the show had a different feel if anyone was hosting it. art bell is one of a kind and always will be to me.

i never gave anyone else a chance (i did but it wasnt a fair shake really) and i dont know if i ever will.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I listened to Art and liked him but I also found he liked to run it like a carnival show. I found myself asking is he doing things to get ratings up and I came away believing maybe he was on some jokes he was always pulling. As for the show style, Noory is different but I like him just like Letterman took over from Johnny, Art was bound to step down. Comparing the 2 is unfair as they are different and Noory is not a clone of Art. So with George we may see a side of something Art might not talk about and yes George may not talk where Art would go with it.

So how do you want your eggs over easy or scrambled

Michael

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Miss him?
I never got a chance to have a shot at him.

I'd like to have the chance to shoot Rense though

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I really like George Noory but yes, I did like Art Bell better. He was much more straight to the point, asked more questions and was more aggressive, albeit in a nice way.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Weekend Recap
Skip Atwater (skipatwater.com) whose childhood was filled with extraordinary experiences, discussed his involvement in the U.S. government's remote-viewing program STAR GATE, and his subsequent work at the Monroe Institute. Related Link: Remote Viewing Conferenc

I always listen to the show, especially now that I do not have to get up,unless I want to.
Last night was very good.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Miss him?
I never got a chance to have a shot at him.

I'd like to have the chance to shoot Rense though

NC.....neither Art Bell nor Rense can touch Michael Moore

MM was the same guy that called all the passengers on the aircrafts that were involved on 9/11 "a bunch of *ussies"

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
any were i can listen to these shows for free like some radio stations do like 101 wrif /bbc radio1

new topics

top topics

join