It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing belief in Aliens....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa

Maybe the 'waters are getting really muddy' for me, but I'm beginning to think Aliens are just an excuse for us to blame things on we really can't explain, and they don't exist at all.

I don't know why I thought of this quote, but I have a feeling it is an answer to your post.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

-Morpheus

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckwa

I could believe that the ship that crashed at Roswell was a German craft and the U.S. Government covered it up believing that the American people would not be able to handle the thought that Germans were able to get that close to the US right after the war.

But surely the Germans didn't need to get 'that close' because they were already there. Weren't von Braun and other top German scientists shipped to the US at the end of WW2 under Operation Paperclip to continue their research? I believe the Roswell incident was a result of one of their tests. I think the cover up was just a knee jerk reaction to an unplanned leak to the media of the Flying Saucer story. The Government would have been better off saying "Yes it is but it's one of ours" rather than coming out with the Weather Balloon story followed by yet more and more unconvincing stories as the years went on.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthSister

All of the alien races now work together and are trying to be known by the people of Earth, but it's not enough just to be known, they need to be "truly" known, and when they show themselves too much too fast all at once, what happens on Earth to information is not the truth. What actually happens is first hand sightings cause the wrong beliefs about the aliens, due to the rampant propaganda and idle gossip.

I don't really understand what you mean here. They want to be known to the general public but can't get past Government disinformation? What's stopping them arranging for dozens of simultaneous worldwide landings in very public places like Central Park NY, Hyde Park London and so on? Or just broadcasting over every TV and radio in the world. No Government propaganda could silence or discredit that.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join