It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing belief in Aliens....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There is a phenomenon, and there is a mythology that has grown up around it. The story that "the government" has already been dealing with the "aliens" is part of the mythology and is probably not true. That is not to say that the governments have not been investigating the phenomenon, just that they probably dont know much more than is generally known. No one knows what the phenomenon is really, it may be aliens of some kind, whether from other planets, other dimensions, or other time frames. It could even be us from the future coming back. Simply, no one knows. But there is a phenomenon, or several related phenomena that seem to be an entry of non-human, super- or sub- or quasi-human consciousness into our realm, of that there is ample evidence.

We dont even really understand our own being, what it is to be human or where this place is that we find ourselves, so it is no surprise that we cannot comprehend contact with non-human and/or non-physically manifested consciousness.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Longchenpa]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Longchenpa
There is a phenomenon, and there is a mythology that has grown up around it. The story that "the government" has already been dealing with the "aliens" is part of the mythology and is probably not true. That is not to say that the governments have not been investigating the phenomenon, just that they probably dont know much more than is generally known. No one knows what the phenomenon is really, it may be aliens of some kind, whether from other planets, other dimensions, or other time frames. It could even be us from the future coming back. Simply, no one knows. But there is a phenomenon, or several related phenomena, of that there is ample evidence.
lol, you sound like you work for the goverment. How do you know they do not know about aliens? Unless you work for one of there secret bases, then YOU dont know! I promise you, the goverment knows! Whats the odds of me having an abduction and knowing they exist, yet the billion dollar, most powerful country in the world does NOT know....come on dude!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Its the stupid proclamations buy some UFO Zealots on this website that destroy it for everyone else. That's not to say that ET isn't here. The zealots just make it increasingly harder to believe or take seriously.

IMHO, it's these zealots that are the true dis-info agents because they turn people off the subject with mind numbing BS that even a child would reject. They do irreparable damage.

IRM

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have been the same myself over the last few years, not knowing what to believe as alot of theories/conspiricies are just part of active imaginations of sci fi/paranormal etc fans wanting them to be true......but there is always something that brings me back to knowing the truth and that would be my late father's experiences as a child.

When my father was around the age of 5 him and his friends used to play hide and seek behind there house in the long tall grass and micklmass dasiys, when he was hiding he noticed a "smallish figure with almond shape eyes" the same size as him also hiding and as a 5 year old thinking it was another friend playing hide and seek. he approached him and just looked at each other until my father turned around and ran away to finish playing his game.

My father was a serious man who never lied about anything and if he thought that someone was lying about something he would seriously flip as he thought liers were untrustworthy people. He only told a select few of my family as he knew what the reaction would be if he broadcasted it throughout the loud mouths of our other selected family.

We we're sitting watching TV one day and i was about 12 at the time and i remember him standing up in disbelief as he watched a report on aliens and shouted "That's him! that's what he looked like!"

I then asked what he was on about and that's when he told me about this little man he met in the long grass and micklemas daisies with almond shaped eyes when he was little.

This to all you guys would seem like another story, form a member with so little posts "he's gotta be making this up"

You can think all you want guys, i've had bad reactions before and non believers giving there verdicts on it, but they didnt know my father and how serious he was about the truth.

My father took with him all the way to his death bed in 2004 and i'm sure someone spouting stories wouldn't have taken it this far to lie on your own death bed.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by timlumber

As I said in my earlier post, people have been deceived into believing in aliens by these beings.
I'm pretty sure you have really been abducted. But don't call that "aliens". You should call them instead DEMONS. Search the Bible and you will see that DEMONS have always abducted or possessed people in earlier history. They did not call them aliens. Don't be caught by these lies. Ask help from Jesus if you don't want to be abducted again. You may also wear sacramentals.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Aliens or Demons?

See my thread I started today,under Paranormal Studies,"Are You Watching It or Is It Watching You?!"

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by supercheetah
I don't believe in aliens either, but I don't actively disbelieve (i.e. dismiss) the notion that aliens have visited here. I simply find the evidence to be inadequate for belief, just like most religious beliefs.ifficult to verify due to lack of evidence.

This is no relevance at all to the thread, buttt...that was a huge contradiction mate.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
To the OP, im in the same bandwagon altho I'm sure life exist outthere. I'm just no longer absolutely certain they come here.

And the question is, if they do - why the hell are we still in the dark. Certainly not bc some group in the US say "shut up don't talk"..

anyway

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I was just about to post that myself.
I have seen a few strange things in the air over the years but I have no clue on what they were.

When and if they ever show up here. We will know for sure. There will be no hiding it.

Originally posted by korats
To the OP, im in the same bandwagon altho I'm sure life exist outthere. I'm just no longer absolutely certain they come here.

And the question is, if they do - why the hell are we still in the dark. Certainly not bc some group in the US say "shut up don't talk"..

anyway

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckwa

i dont think they work together, i think the government has covered it up because of the technology they have discovered from crashes and so on. I mean really most legit sightings always have a military presence giving chase to the unknown UFO/alien craft..

Also i have read in older text that theres good and bad alien presence and they use to be at war so it wouldnt make any sense to me from what i know of

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckwa

My whole view on Aliens changed when I was 13 years old on vacation at my Grandparents in Deltona, Florida. My Mother and I went for a walk just after the sun went down it was dark no street lights and just off to our right we both saw what appeared to be a falling star moving real fast and coming right towards us it suddenly slowed down and came to a stop right above the telephone poles and just hovered there both of us were speachless we didn't know what it was, the object looked like a large orange beach ball that was glowing, it made no noise at all and was too small to carry a human.

After staring at this object for about 2 minutes we started getting creeped out and then walked briskly towards my grandparents house and it moved at the same pace as we were walking. After we realized it was following us we freeked out and ran then in an instant it streaked up in the sky and was gone. Even though I was a child I had enough sense in me to know that this object was not from this earth, where it came from I have no clue but I feel blessed to have witnessed this object and so does my Mother, 20 years later we still talk about it and convinced that it was some kind of an alien drone/probe or something.

Looking back I wish i would've had a a camera or something to share our encounter but how often do you plan on seeing a UFO when going for a walk. I don't need somebody to tell me they do or do not exist because after that moment I know they are out there and with the vastness of space its mathmatically impossible for Earth to be the only place that life can flourish. I've also had a few other encounters that only happened while I was in my teenage years but none of them compared to this little orange ball of light 20 feet away from us. Don't give up on believing because they are out there.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think aliens exist but there is load of disinfo out there to keep us from knowing the real truth about aliens.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
UFOs and Alien Do Exist I know We Are Not Alone In the Universe and the U.S. Government has Classified Documents of UFO Crash sites and Alien Body Recoveries.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert87
UFOs and Aliens Do Exist I know We Are Not Alone In the Universe and the U.S. Government has Classified Documents of UFO Crash sites and Alien Body Recoveries.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

UFOs and Aliens Do Exist I know We Are Not Alone In the Universe and the U.S. Government has Classified Documents of UFO Crash sites and Alien Body Recoveries.
I Believe In Extraterrestrials, Alien are Real they are not a hoax or myth. The Government wants you to think Aliens are not Real so they can study Alien Tech.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Robert87]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I Believe In Extraterrestrials, Alien are Real they are not a hoax or myth. The U.S. Government wants you to think Aliens are not Real so they can study Alien Tech at Area 51

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckwa
I'll probably get blown out of the water on this. But, after years of believing that an extraterrestrial being existed on our planet, I'm beginning to sway the other direction. I have been a member of this site since last August. I am more of a lurker than a poster, but I do have a lot of interest in whether Aliens exist. However, after reading MANY posts on this site, I have an issue with the existence of Aliens.

How could it be that:

1) All the governments in all the countries of the world, who by the way can not agree on any single issue, can collectively agree to cover up (or try to cover up) the existence of Aliens to their people. (based upon many posts on this site regarding government coverups).

(and if that is not the case)

2) How did all the 'races' of Aliens (Greys, Nordics, Reptialians, Yellows, Purples and Pinks) collectively agree to only work with a few select governments to hide their existence (and I would like to know how they came to that decision), even though, as posted many times on this site that the different Alien races do not get along.

Maybe the 'waters are getting really muddy' for me, but I'm beginning to think Aliens are just an excuse for us to blame things on we really can't explain, and they don't exist at all.

1) Because when they do not agree it is mostly for show and entertainment?
You never know, the media that trasmits information can only transmit what it has seen and what it is ALLOWED(no joke) to transmit...

2)That is easy to see if you do not think of the ones currently visiting Earth as completely benevolent, but as factions seeking the best for their own interests. You would only contact those that would serve your own agenda and keeping the rest in the dark would only help you in a covert operation.

And those make actually real good sense, people tend to disregard this line of thinking and when I post these logical thinking posts 2 things eusually happen :

1)The thread ends
2)People ignore it as there is no way to debate it

"We are peaceful, ALWAYS!" by Anna lol

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I've too thought the same, I mean why would aliens who can travel across the universe want to even visit earth? Do they want our cows? I mean seriously. Although I do believe in some other form of existance, when it comes to Aliens I'm going to go both ways until I witness something crazy myself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join