It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other new Chinese AWACS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is new clear photo of Chinese A.W.

According my knowledge, China has had two E.W. at least like this

[edit on 7-4-2005 by emile]

Edit: All Caps.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by intrepid]

Edit: Spelling.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nice pictures- thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Not only is it an AWAC's but it also has a built in ski rack for those long weekends in aspen

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think the two EW A/C they have are on IL-76 chassis. These "pods" look like mini phase array radar units similar to what is on the JSTARS, or more like what is on the OV-1D Mohawk. In fact they look almost exactly like the Mohawks pod.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
These are not really new. Brazil has an aircraft much like this with a radar that looks much like the one in the photos. I am guessing that the Chinese copied someone.........

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Those Radar pods are different from the U.S. AWAC’S, my first though was that china is finally being creative and creating its own design, then I read jetsetter post and...never mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yeah cos the outside shape must 'prove' it is exactly like someone elses right?

A canoe is a canoe, hey, maybe it was copied from old EF111 photos?

Or how about something copied from that EP3 they held for a while back in 2001?

Maybe they did or how about maybe they didn't.

How about they have some good engineers and scientists of their own and have been coming up with the answers similar to the ones others came up with because physics is the same for them as it is for us, hmmm?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's what's in that pod that counts. All pods look alike on the outside. Not sure who designed the stuff in the pod though. Some sources say it's indigenously designed, others say it's from somewhere else, some say Sweden, some say Israel, some say Britain. Who the heck knows. As long as it works who cares who designed it

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

How about they have some good engineers and scientists of their own and have been coming up with the answers similar to the ones others came up with because physics is the same for them as it is for us, hmmm?

How about they have a track record for not being very original. You never know the Chinese could have done it all on their own, however judging form history I’m not so sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I know that it's what is inside that counts. I was just joking around a bit. These types of radars are not new though.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Its called the "Balance Beam", and many countries have the same looking pod, and like someone said before its about the insdie. In the first picture anyone else notice the second Balance Beam in the far right with blue paint job.

****Whats the positive of having this type compared to the AWACS with the cylinder pod, besides it will be more cheaper?****

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just to add, India had a indigenous AWACS program, which sufffered a major set back when the test aircraft crashed and killed the entire crew onboard..
I think it was and AN-32..

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Man, I gotta say that is one poor lookin bird there. IMHO The USAF AWACs look much sleeker with that large round rotating radar.

Is that A C-130 that is mounted on or some other plane?

[edit on 4/9/2005 by UnMature]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Man, I gotta say that is one poor lookin bird there. IMHO The USAF AWACs look much sleeker with that large round rotating radar.

Is that A C-130 that is mounted on or some other plane?

[edit on 4/9/2005 by UnMature]

It's mounted on a Chinese Y-8C airlifter

And will be used for Maritime patrol

You are describing a "sentry" like plane?... china has them too

KJ-2000 (A-50I) AWACS

external image

external image

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Don't say we always copy! I'll add more

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What aircraft is that above??
Dejavous aircraft pic quiz??! :p

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Ericsson radar..

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
As in Swedish?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The one in my pic yes. But where the chinese found their, ahem, "inspiration" is anyones guess.. I just found them to be very very similar in looks

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Whoops, I had a brain fart then

I see what you were trying to say now

top topics

<<   2 >>

join