It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecnomic Shock Testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
In the Behold A Pale Horse book William Cooper talks about this economic shock testing which seems is what is happening now. he even said they would use oil/gas and stuff. anyone hear of this?

ECONOMIC SHOCK TESTING
In recent times, the application of Operations Research to the study public
economy has been obvious for anyone who understands the principles of schock
testing.

In shock testing of an aircraft airframe, the recoil impulse of firing a gun
mounted on that airframe causes shock waves in that structure which tell
aviation engineers the conditions under which parts of the airplane or the
whole airplane or its wings will start to vibrate or flutter like a guitar
string, a flute reed, or a tuning fork, and disintegrate or fall apart in
flight.

Economic engineers achieve the same result in studying the behavior of the
economy and the consumer public by carefully selecting a staple commodity
such as beef, coffee, gasoline, or sugar and then causing a sudden change or
shock in its price or availability, thus kicking everybody's budget and
buying habits out of shape.

They then observe the shock waves which result by monitoring the changes in
advertising, prices, and sales of that and other commodities.

The objective of such studies is to acquire know-how to set the public
economy into a predictable state of motion which will convince the public
that certain "expert" people should take control of the money system and
reestablish security (rather than liberty and justice) for all. When the
subject citizens are rendered unable to control their financial affairs,
they of course, become totally enslaved, a source of cheap labor.

Not only the price of commodities, but also the availability of labor can be
used as the means of shock testing. Labor strikes deliver excellent test
shocks to an economy, especially in the critical services areas of trucking
(transportation), communication, public utilities (energy, water, garbage
collection), etc..illuminati-news.com...

[edit on 7-4-2005 by TheBadge]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
sO, the government has now the capability of tracking our spending habits through our debit cards, grocery cards, gas cards, etc. All in the name of 'homeland security'

I have talked to my coworkers and friends, and they seem to think that new oil supplies found by Louisiana will make them 'safer' from high oil prices. They also said that they don't care how much gas costs, they are still taking that long drive vacation this summer.

So, I guess the economic researchers will know this, and advise the oil companies to up the price, cuz the silly consumer will pay anything to get out of the cage for a week, and the rest of them will hide their heads in the sand until they pay $5 for a gallon of milk- and wonder ..........what causes inflation????????

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What they probably meant is economic models. Economists refers to a shock when a certain constant or variable is suddenly changed. With economic models you can then predict what will happen. So what the article most likely meant is the economist testing a sudden rise in oil prices (exogene shock) and predicting what will happen.

There is really nothing conspiracy like with economic/econometric models. They are used to forecast the outcome everytime the government or big firms outweigh certain policies.

Blobber

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Blobber]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The article makes it sound like these so called "experts" are using the public as sheep. We are their research subjects and they control how we live our lives and what we do with our money.

They raise the cost of milk to see how our lifestyles are going to change.

Pure Evil.... Doubt thats how it works though

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have heard of this type of theory before and its one on the better arguments against peak oil. That is, supplies are fine but the oil companies, who in turn are working for the NWO, are manipulating the price.

In my opinion they are working for the NWO but not in that sense. The peak oil crisis seems to be real and they do look out for their profits and long-term survival with respect to wealth and power, but the level of control it would take to cause a shock, observe its effects and repeat the "experiment" to learn how to do it properly is beyond them in my opinion.

To apply knowledge you need to gain it by testing. Beginning the process itself would cause unknown results due to the unpredictability (and uncontrollable nature) of human behaviour as well as geopolitical effects that can be merely influenced at best.

Economics is only scientific in the sense it can look back and explain why things happened in the economy. It can't explain what is coming with certainty, especially when an important commodity like energy goes into depletion. IMO

[edit on 4/9/2005 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Economics is only scientific in the sense it can look back and explain why things happened in the economy. It can't explain what is coming with certainty, especially when an important commodity like energy goes into depletion. IMO

[edit on 4/9/2005 by Gools]

Well the economic predictions are quite accurate -the model that is. However sometimes it depends also on variables which cannot be predicted fairly well, that's why often scenarios are being made. For example what if a war in Iran starts and what if not, or what if oilprices are between 50 and 60. However calculating the supply of oil needs the help of other scientific fields, i.e. geology etc.

Certain human behaviour however has been calculated very well (in the model), e.g. how much they spend, on what, at which interest rates, in which period and where.

This is by the way one of the reasons why companies must keep a good administration: i.e. accounting and data keeping. With these the variables can be calculated. That's why I am sceptical why the "experts in the article" need to use the people to test their shocks. The data is already freely available and you only have to make a model.

Blobber

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Blobber]

top topics

join