It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Uncivilized (Chinese please respond)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
China wont' send any envoy to Pope's funeral and are attemting to block Taiwan's President from visiting.

China

This has to be one of the most uncivilized act by any government in recent times. Even Syria and Iran is sending there presidents. These commies think the world revolve around them. Action speaks a thousand words. Chinese please justify this for your govenment.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by xalex]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
China doesn't believe in religon.....niether do I.

China is the OLdest civilization on Earth.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The poster seem to have confused civilization and politics.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't expect people who don't care about that religion to go. I really do't give a hoot if China doesn't show up. Can the actions of a few specific groups deem a country uncivilized??? I'm not chinese, btw.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xalex
China wont' send any envoy to Pope's funeral and are attemting to block Taiwan's President from visiting.

China

This has to be one of the most uncivilized act by any government in recent times. Even Syria and Iran is sending there presidents. These commies think the world revolve around them. Action speaks a thousand words. Chinese please justify this for your govenment.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by xalex]

The Chinese are the only sensible people left, they know the pope for what he was> a manipulating crook!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
I wouldn't expect people who don't care about that religion to go. I really do't give a hoot if China doesn't show up. Can the actions of a few specific groups deem a country uncivilized??? I'm not chinese, btw.

Well Vatican is a state too. So if Blair died tomorrow and half the world showed up and the only major nation China didn't show up, then how would you feel? On top of that China is trying to stop Taiwan's president from going. What about freedom and basic human dignity people?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

The Chinese are the only sensible people left, they know the pope for what he was> a manipulating crook!

Yeah move to China. Lets see how you post on the internet then. Well the Pope did stop the Soviets from raping you. What happens when the CCP wants you for the night? You are gonna sue CCP?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Yeah move to China. Lets see how you post on the internet then. Well the Pope did stop the Soviets from raping you. What happens when the CCP wants you for the night? You are gonna sue CCP?

Hi, I'm an American living in China...I'm posting on the internet.
I think you suffer from Ignorance, usually a symptom of a major
mental health ailment caused by Propaganda Machine Syndrome.

'Commies' don't really care what people say as long as they don't say this

TIBET SHOULD BE FREE
TAIWAN SHOULD BE FREE
FALUNG GONG IS A GREAT WAY TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME!!!!

Then again, I just did and they aren't beating down my door.

*edited out inappropriate remark* *Amuk*

They want to be in WHO they want to go see a dead pope, they will do anything to bolster their recoginition as a seperate entity of China (which they are not).

Xalex, you don't have a point do you.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by 00PS]

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master

Well Vatican is a state too. So if Blair died tomorrow and half the world showed up and the only major nation China didn't show up, then how would you feel? On top of that China is trying to stop Taiwan's president from going. What about freedom and basic human dignity people?

Doode, I don't even understand what your trying to say. I don't care about chiina, I don't care about pope. I just think you can't generalize an entire country by the actions of a couple major groups

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Kushi_Master]

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Kushi_Master]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If you'd like to know just how uncivilized the Chinese are just go here:

www.fofg.org...

In Chinese: www.fofg.org...

[edit on 4/7/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It is truly shameful to say Chinese are uncivilized when their FAMILY structure is the highest HONOR level in the world.
They protect and respect family over the dollar which everywhere else in the world, people care for money.
Look at U.S. the morality of family is actually gone that is why gangs and such groups exist for family structure as failed. At least there, when a family member is dishonored such as being raped or a child being molested, the family gets the honor of the punishment, not some so-called legal flop like U.S. has.
Check the stats of China child molesters verses U.S. child molesters and you will find fact that U.S. has 80% still living after raping a child and in China there is only about 9 %. Who is uncivilized??

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
LMAO, this has to be one of the funniest threads i've seen.

xalex, read a newspaper.

The reason why China isn't attending is because Taiwan is, China does not have relations with any state that recognizes Taiwan.

mods: should this thread be closed or moved to politics? The title is very political, bordering on racist.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by drrdw
It is truly shameful to say Chinese are uncivilized when their FAMILY structure is the highest HONOR level in the world.
They protect and respect family over the dollar which everywhere else in the world, people care for money.
Look at U.S. the morality of family is actually gone that is why gangs and such groups exist for family structure as failed. At least there, when a family member is dishonored such as being raped or a child being molested, the family gets the honor of the punishment, not some so-called legal flop like U.S. has.
Check the stats of China child molesters verses U.S. child molesters and you will find fact that U.S. has 80% still living after raping a child and in China there is only about 9 %. Who is uncivilized??

So killing criminals is the measure of being civilised? Then I guess Iran, China and the US, who are the top three for capital punishment (and killing in general I'd say) are the most civilised nations on earth. Whereas most other countires consider them stuck in the stone age. And why are 9% of Chinese child molesters not killed?

Also pretty much all cultures consider family above all else, the Chinese hardly hold a monopoly on it. The Chinese I think you will find are just as greedy and selfish as the rest of us, they have gangs too. Their family system is very heavily biased towards males (as are many other cultures).

The Chinese are hardly the pinacle of human civilisation, but then neither is th US or anyother country for that matter. All have their good and bad points. All said and done though, more Chinese go and live in the US than Americans going to live in China

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The first thing you should know is PRC and Vatican don't have diplomatic relation. that is,Vatican recognize Taiwan as China, while the mainland is just a part of the territory of the Taipei government. of course Beijing can't send a envoy when it is deemed as a illegal goverment.

Their are Catholic disciples in china(the Mainland), according to official report, the number is about 5 million, but after the CPC took charge in 1949, in order to rule out foreign influence,All religions in PRC are transformed into a self-ruled,independent community. so the Catholics in PRC don't have much connection with the Pope.

As far as I know, in PRC,one can choose any religion freely, However,chinese don't care about religion very much, many chinese(especially those aged) have faith in a mixture of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucius,but u can't call this a religion. The traditional culture have been badly damaged in the last century,for quite sometime,it was deemed as the reason for china's fallback in recent history.then after 40 years war and revolution,the communism took charge,soon the Cultural Revolution came,the commusim smashed itself completely.so till now,most chinese don't have faith in anything,(I guess that's why Falungong,a awful transcribe of Buddhims,have been once so popular) nowadays,chinese cares more about money then everbefore.

I myself think the chinese now are not so civilized ,that's because china is a undeveloped country, most people have to care more about raising money then civility.the problem doesn't lies in culture or people. it is just uncivilzed to claim other people to be uncivilized.

Recently ,i saw report Vatican want to set up relationship with Beijing,(admit Beijing as the legal government of China), on the condition that they can missionize in PRC, as long as most chinese need to find a new faith, China is really a big "market" for Vatican.

But if there IS something to transform China ,i hope it is not religion.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by R988
Also pretty much all cultures consider family above all else, the Chinese hardly hold a monopoly on it. The Chinese I think you will find are just as greedy and selfish as the rest of us, they have gangs too. Their family system is very heavily biased towards males (as are many other cultures).

Actually, on the issue of family, Asian cultures are much better.

For example, look up the rate of Asian people that live in retirement or "old-people" villages, the amount is miniscule. In Asian culture, most people would do anything for his parents and his children.

Of course, this is changing slightly with the influx of western culture.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by drrdw

First of all i never said anything against Chinese. I said China (aka Chinese Government) is uncivilized. Like Soviets are bad but ppl livinig in the region are just like any other people

Also pedophilia is a taboo topic in asia. So you numbers are understated.
If you count child marriage as child exploitation, the numbers would surpass all the western nation.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah,the government in China knows parents will do anything to send their children to school,that's why they raised the college tuition fee so high(2-3 times of average annual income of chinese people) to "stimulate the needs".

and they still claim it is not high enough.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
LMAO, this has to be one of the funniest threads i've seen.

xalex, read a newspaper.

The reason why China isn't attending is because Taiwan is, China does not have relations with any state that recognizes Taiwan.

mods: should this thread be closed or moved to politics? The title is very political, bordering on racist.

The point is China has no dignity. I don't care if China doesn't go, but why should it tell Taiwan's President not to go.

Granted there are issues relatinting to Taiwan's independence, but have some dignity and self respect in allowing your enemy to attend a funeral. Thats where I say China is uncivilized (not to be confused with chinese people).

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The government of China is not simply uncivilized, it is downright savage and barbaric.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by R988

They have gangs because of what you've seen in movies like Lethal Weapon 4 and Rush Hour 2? Shows what Americans know about Asia and Asians.

Sure they have gangs, but it's not as rampant as it is in America. Here, gangs control major portions of cities. Not the case in China, except for Hong Kong. Then again, Hong Kong has been out of it for a while...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join