It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

link between "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" and the montauk project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
for those of you who have not seen the movie it deals with two depressed lovers, that met in montauk, having the memories of each other erased then eventually fallng back in love after re-meeting each other. but i couldnt help but think, with the whole memory erasing thing, maybe the point of them meeting in montauk had some signifigance to the montauk base?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I have not seen the video, but that does seem really scary. Mebbe Jim Carrey is in on the montauk tech...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I saw the movie before I discovered this site and the Montauk Project, so will definitely need to go back and watch the movie again. I agree, seems a little more than coincidental that a movie about mind erasing just happens to feature a locale purported to have witnessed such things.

Of note, while searching for any websites that mention the relationship between the movie and Montauk, I came across a website ( www.v-j-enterprises.com... ) that states "...a small bronze plaque within the main rotor-drive of the dish (located on the top-most inner level of the structure) that read, simply, "Philadelphia." " Now that I do find interesting. Just another piece to search on...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
yea, it does seem a little coincendental, almost like a sort of thing where they made it like that so those that know about montauk might kind of see a connection

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
couls i see a link to the montauk base.

-wyatt-

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting movie- I'll have to make a note of it & try to see it.

I've had an interest in the whole Montauk phenomena 'thing' for quite a while. At least since reading the Montauk book series by Nichols & Moon anyway...

That movie seems like an odd coincidence...

Interesting...it's a Jim Carrey & Kate Winslet movie. I'm kind of a fan of both.

There...I've added it to my 'Netflix' que...

T.S.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkiFreak
There...I've added it to my 'Netflix' que...

T.S.

All hail the glorious Netflix!

I don't think that there's any connection whatsoever, myself. Does anyone have a picture of the plaque that supposedly says "Philadelphia" on the radar tower? I can't find one on the net.

Zip

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I don't think that there's any connection whatsoever, myself. Does anyone have a picture of the plaque that supposedly says "Philadelphia" on the radar tower? I can't find one on the net.

Probrably about 8 months ago or so I did in fact see a website that someone put up of an 'investigation' trip to Montauk. During this trip this person documented the several levels of the SAGE radar tower building floor by floor & the roof area where the huge dish is mounted as well. There were several close-up photos of the radar dish lower unit & directional drive (motor removed I remember- the dish can now rotate freely on its own)- and the 'Philadelphia' plaque as well.
Hence the legend of the mysterious 'Philadelphia' plaque...
It was a very interesting photo-journal website to say the least! Unfortunetly, I did not bookmark the page & I haven't been able to find it since. The website may have been taken off the 'net.
There are several photo-journal webpages still out there concerning Montauk...but non of them document the 'Philadelphia' plaque. I am looking though...just in case I run into it again!
T.S.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
if you do a search out here...........you'll find loads of info on montauk and the philadelphia experiment.

try that..............there could be photos too but i just can't remember where i saw photos..........either on this site or on another one.

but SEARCH out here!

angie

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Yeah, I did. Extensively. That's why I said that I couldn't find them on the net. That implied that I had searched.

Zip

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have searched and searched for a photo of the Plaque, as well as attempting to find more info regarding the plaque. I have even searched the free photo hosting sites (you wouldn't believe how many pictures out there are named 'montauk.jpg' or 'montauk.gif' etc
). I have only found two references to the plaque, the website I mentioned and corroboration of this in the thread below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone comes across a picture of the Philadelphia Plaque, please provide a link (or at least a pic). Thanks.

DCF

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I actually thought "Eternal SUnshine..." was a pretty good movie in itself. Its a scary subject, erasing select parts of the memory. And offourse the Montauk connection made it even more freaky.

I wonder if the phrase "meet me in Montauk" that is whispered in the movie could be a trigger?! Whats ironic is that the cast of the movie could very well be victims of mindcontrol through similar projects as the Montauk project.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Um.... I don't suppose any of you have taken the hint that it was just a movie? I mean, I'm as interested in Montauk as the next person here, but to think that there's actually more to this movie than just using Montauk as a little "in-joke" for people who know about Montauk's history is a bit far-fetched, I think.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Eh... I'm sure it was probably just a movie with the Montauk reference thrown in just for humour, but it's fun to dig around and see if there is some secret agenda in place.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Um.... I don't suppose any of you have taken the hint that it was just a movie? I mean, I'm as interested in Montauk as the next person here, but to think that there's actually more to this movie than just using Montauk as a little "in-joke" for people who know about Montauk's history is a bit far-fetched, I think.

Quite a tasteless joke in that case. Considering the amount of pain and suffering caused by the maniacs who approved of the projects and experiments conducted there.

top topics

join