It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Yushchenko Confirms - Nuclear Capable Missiles Smuggled to Iran and China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Hold the phone a minute. Yuschenko has recently visited the USA and enjoyed considerable support for his Presidency bid by the USA. Now all of a sudden he provides damning evidence to lend credence to US claims that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons.

Lets just look at the USA's last claim of a country having weapons of mass destruction. They invaded based on the evidence they had. Where were the weapons? Oh yeah, sorry, we got that wrong. They werent there after all *whoops*

Now we see the EXACT same propaganda being leveled at Iran and its all being presented to us with a nice red bow around it by Ukraines newly elected President who was supported by the USA.

Where are the alarm bells people?

There missile sale may be real.

However, it does alarm me that Yuscchenko will go to just about any length to get the sway of the US as he want to integrate into Western Europe -- without such patronage, Ukraine would be seen as an unimportant partner in Europe. This is the reason why the Bulgarians and the Poles sent their troops to Iraq, to no real effect but to lose personnel and spend untold amount of money. Ukraine did the same but people there had had enough of this, so Mr. Yushchenko is pulling out. However, he does present the missle story.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It may have occurred granted, no one here has a monopoly on the truth. But judging the evidence given based on past precedent and motives i'd err on the side of caution with this. I'd want proof, photos, wiretaps, concrete evidence and testimony rather than heresay before I bought a bar of this story.

[edit on 7/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Subz, though some of what you say may have some bearing, is Yushchenko a puppet to the US? How so? What has he to gain from revealing this? I mean gee dude, reports had been circulating that nuclear capable cruise missile had been smuggled out of Ukraine. Yushchenko didn't admit to those......

Under Yushchenko, Ukraine is looking to join the EU and NATO. As such, again, what does what your saying play into Yushchneko acting as a propaganda mouthpiece for giving out disinformation and ill-informed intelligence. And I'll say it again, because a huge-arse warehouse wasn't found with neatly piled boxes marked :THESE ARE WMDs, does not fully prove that Saddam did not have WMDs, especially when reports are still circulating that some WMDs may have been moved out of Iraq, and thats based on sources within Iraq and outside Iraq.

Question: What the hell does Iran need with nuclear capable cruise missiles and now a rocket/missile if their intentions are not to produce a nuclear device?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Question: What the hell does Iran need with nuclear capable cruise missiles and now a rocket/missile if their intentions are not to produce a nuclear device?

They want to deliver fresh pita bread and hummus to anywhere in the Middle East, in minutes.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Either that or they may be looking to buy a few nuclear warheads on the international black market. This I highly doubt.

Indications are that the groundwork is laid for the Iranians to produce their own Islamic powered nuclear weapons. Only time will tell, once the EU strokes a deal with them and the IAEA can get in there to start monitoring on a regular basis.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The question assumes that Iran does indeed have nuclear capable cruise missiles. Its a question that cannot be answered unless you accept US hearsay (and we must both agree that the evidence at the moment amounts to nothing more) that Iran does have this missiles. If its true and they have acquired these missile in a clandestine manner coupled with the furore surrounding their nuclear plant and the US Army on their doorstep I'd say Yes they are trying to produce a nuclear weapon.

But, and its a big but, there is no evidence to prove that they bought those weapons Yuschenko says they did. There is no evidence that the Iranian nuclear powerplant is for military purposes. Until such evidence comes to light why should it be assumed that they are aspiring to create nuclear weapons, much less use them.

Should we assume this because they have a theocrasy? Should we assume this because their president wears robes? Should we assume this because Iran disagrees with most American foreign policy? Should we assume this because American politicians and now Ukrainian politicians tells us its so?

My minds not closed on this matter, but until we see atleast some kind of evidence rather than taking some talking heads word for it I dont buy it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Doesn't this make Russia a rouge state? Illegally trading 'nuke' tech from one part of the world to another?

Gosh, just when a guy that 'someone' tried to assasinate comes to power, just when an administation favourable to 'someone' is going under, what a coinkydink

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Subz, its not *just that they dissagree with American foreign policies but that their clerics which make up there theocracy preach hatred and annihlation of anyone that dissagrees with them or their religion. Ill be honest and state I was a blind American prior to 911 and afterwards I started paying attention to what the hell is going on over in the middle east. They have every reason to be angry with us and voice it but when they start suicide bombing the *infedels and showing clear signs that they are interested in nuclear factories etc.. CMON!!!! You would have to be turning a blind eye to the obvious not to see whats going on. I dont think violence will solve this problem but then again Im a little scared to have a nuke wearing suicide bomber detonating in my homeland.

*edited to correct Subz name.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by madmangunradio]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Russia's advanced technology being developed in the nuclear field, is allowing them to remove the old unneeded materials to make place for new.
So to finance the new technology weapons they are currently bidding on against other Asian countries from US research projects, makes them need to money. The locations buying them from Russia has the cash flow to be able to set up better funding for the Russians wanting the super new age nuke power.
They are currently second to North Korea in obtaining the new systems and designs.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nuclear capable, so a nuclear warhead can be put on it -just like in a nuclear capable car a nuclear payload can be put in the trunk.

The argument is however whether (main country in question) Iran has the capacity and ambition to make a nuclear bomb and also whether they are able to make it into a warhead to put it on the smuggled missiles.

Blobber

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Blobber]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
LOL Sunday Sunday Sunday (and saturday too) Everything Must GO!!!
Now's your chance to pick up that cold war legacy nerve gas you always wanted. Our prices can't be beat!!!

THis week only at the milwaukee civic center

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

seekerof

Reverse engineering and use the technology for their own (conventional) missile industry. They used to have difficulties getting modern missiles in the 80's and 90's. Getting these missiles doesn't imply automatically that it's for nuclear use.

Edit: just like when they hypothetically could lay their hands on some Tomahawk cruise missiles (nuclear capable) doesn't automatically mean it's for using them with a nuclear warhead.

Blobber

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Blobber]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just a thought here, but how credible is the new Ukrainian president when it comes to confirming US govt views on something?

The US saved this guys life after it was found he was poisoned. The poisoning and erm, well, being resqued, pritty much won him the elections and his life.

For me, this guy has a pupet masters hand shoved up his behind now, dunno if hes happy with it, but the US Govt owns him now.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
Hold on, why is it ok for the us to have them and not Iran or China? if it was up to me neither would have them, but to be realistic thats not going to happen, so we should level the playing field somehow

because we aren't run by a single dictator, we are run by the people (Allegedly).

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blobber
Nuclear capable, so a nuclear warhead can be put on it -just like in a nuclear capable car a nuclear payload can be put in the trunk.

EXACTLY.
That is why every US citiizen should write to congress and demand a pre-emptive military strike against everyone and anyone who owns a car or suitcase, my god man, they could be planning to use those damnable things for nukes!!!

Maybe even people who own shoe boxes....they might have a mini-nuke nobody has even heard of!!
Just bomb everyone to be sure!

Iran has not attacked anyone since 1988, back when they were fighting Saddam's regime, while he was using our sattellite intel, and bio-chem weapons bought from the good 'ole USA.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Your right, it will go to hell. However, if your crack pot neighbor now decides that we wants some nukes to "protect" himself from you, and you see him starting to assemble one, wouldnt ya want to do something? Or should you wait untill you come home and find your family smoldering?

I say, burn his house and run himout of town.

Well spilff, if there's one positive I can say about you, it's that you pull no punches. At least you're honest about being completely evil...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Subz, its not *just that they dissagree with American foreign policies but that their clerics which make up there theocracy preach hatred and annihlation of anyone that dissagrees with them or their religion.

Preaching hatred and annihilation of anyone that disagrees with them?

Bush's Axis of Evil Speech

If you wanted to play the numbers game on this one we have Iran threatening Israel for its usurping of Palestinian property and land. And we have America threatening Iran, North Korea, Syria and having annihilated Afghanistan and Iraq in the last 4 years.

Who's the more threatening? Who's already got 15,000+ nuclear weapons? Its a pretty slippery slope when a country like America accuses Iran of being threatening.

You also mentioned that Iran's clerics force their religon on their citizens. We've recently seen in the Schiavo case, President Bush, signing emergency legislation passed by Congress to impose Christian dogma onto its citizens. Whats the difference? Right or wrong? Who's got the right to say my religon is right and yours is wrong?

Back on topic, I forgot to mention in my previous post about Yuschenko's poisoning. He was reported poisoned by Russian agents so he's got more than enough motive to falsify information reflecting badly on Russia.

I dont buy it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The eight unaccounted for missiles are a convenient wildcard as well. They could be "revealed" to have been smuggled anywhere. North Korea...Syria...Jordan...hey, take your pick.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join