It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to be seated near Iran's Khatami at funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Damn! Now I'm going to have to get up at 3:00 AM tomorrow morning.

Yep - this could prove interesting to watch!

Thank God for TiVo!

english.www.gov.tw...

The funeral will bring together nearly 200 world leaders, some of whom rarely if ever meet, in a fitting tribute to a Pope who fought for world peace and unity.

The chairs already laid out in St. Peter's Square will seat President Bush near President Mohammad Khatami of Iran, leader of one of the countries Bush included in his "axis of evil."

At least 2 million people are expected for the funeral and Rome city officials were due to meet later to decide whether to close shops and offices and order a total traffic ban to avoid mayhem

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
The chairs already laid out in St. Peter's Square will seat President Bush near President Mohammad Khatami of Iran, leader of one of the countries Bush included in his "axis of evil."

So, being a good texan, would George feel obliged to take it out with Khatami, the old way?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wouldn't you love to be fly on one of those chairs???

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wrong place, wrong time. I am sure they both will be honorable.

But I would like to see W put an ass wooping to Mohammad!

Sep

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Question: What does it feel like to be in the same place as three US presidents (Clinton, Bush Jr and Sr.)? What is the meaning of such global gatherings?
Khatami's answer in Persian: It could be a way for humanity to set aside enmity, violence and war: and strive for friendship and peace.

This was an interview with the Italian television

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
Khatami's answer in Persian: It could be a way for humanity to set aside enmity, violence and war: and strive for friendship and peace.

Friendship and peace?

This other post I read said it's the perfect opportunity for a terrorist attack. Got it's own thread too...So which is more important???

BTW, Any word from Bush?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You would need a nuclear bomb or else a mega sized bomb to really take advantage of the situation (speaking from the terrorist point of view). There are just too many people around that a normal bomb would do little but create panic. Anyway the place is crawling with security so I doubt anything will happen.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Look how quickly global relations were lost after such an outpouring of grief and sudden unity with the US post 911. Don't think the death of a pope is going to change anything.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Ya Iran is a terrorists state because she is not letting American oil companies drill in Iran. The moment that change, Iran would be US best old buddy.

new topics

top topics

join