It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Two Teenage Girls Are Alleged Terrorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If they're here illegally, ship them back home. End of story.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
1) They are clearly referred to as being here illegally. Whether you like our immigration laws or not, they are laws, the laws were violated, and the government would be justified in deporting them even if they had not plotted or discussed anything.

2) If you believe that simply because someone is a teenager they are incapable of being a threat to others, please take your blinders off and introduce yourself to Jeff Weise, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris. Good morning.

No, this isn't a Tom Cruise movie where you can go to jail for thinking about doing something bad. But for the same people who mock the government for being inadequate in combatting terror and letting things like Columbine happen, to claim this is something awful... well, having it both ways would be nice.

If the two girls are simply idiots who said something online that they shouldn't have, then there's nothing to fear. Justice will prevail.

If they were intending harm, which by the way would most likely be directed against other students of similar age, then justice will prevail.

All things considered, I have to laugh at one part of this. If you are here illegally, wouldn't it be wise to keep your behavior just so that you can stay under the radar? Not very bright.

WW, you may be right about the teenage angst thing, but let me ask you... after how many school shootings where we watch our own children get mowed down by guns do we finally stand up and say hormonal angst can no longer be an excuse for disturbed psychotic behavior.

If a kid wishes to murder people, I don't want them anywhere near my family. Whether his reasoning is political or the pimples on his face. We all deserve the right to safety.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Hell, if the FBI read or listened to rap lyrics, I'd say about 50% of rappers would be arrested for terrorism / terroristic threats.

That's the best idea I've heard all day. These thugs spewing their hateful philosophy are terrorists to the extent that they have a very real and negative influence on our nation.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Originally posted by Zipdot
Hell, if the FBI read or listened to rap lyrics, I'd say about 50% of rappers would be arrested for terrorism / terroristic threats.

That's the best idea I've heard all day. These thugs spewing their hateful philosophy are terrorists to the extent that they have a very real and negative influence on our nation.

Well luckily they kill themselves off pretty quickly, so the gov doesnt need to wrry about it. If it gets outta hand, send in the IRS.. that shuts em up quick.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Manny Van Pelt?

Wasn't april fools the other day?

This is pretty nutty. I can't imagine that this is going to be one of those 'oh, we mistook one of their AIM chats about how fidy cent is da bomb to mean an attack on fort knox" type mistakes. They're using pretty strong language.

I only hope they bother to tell anyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
No fuss, no muss. No need to even bring terrorist accusations into it.

But then they'd be able to come back. Better to investigate and lock them up if found guilty no?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Considering the number of times Attn. Generalismo John Asscrack cried the terrorist wolf only to have the cases thrown out for lack of evidence, or sloppy investigations or simple hubris I have a hard time believing such stories anymore, unless there is more concrete evidence I would give this terrorist threat level of a code bull# brown.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't know if my statement about them being illegals just wasn't as relevant as I thought or if its just out of sight out of mind on page 1.

The problem with leaning too much on the illegal immigration aspect of this is that it ignores the primary issue of America's right to remove immigrants (legal or otherwise) who may pose a threat. The privlidge of non-citizens to visit or immigrate to the United States has to be established as secondary to our domestic security.
This case needs to be handled based on the evidence regarding the level of threat these people pose to the United States, and if they come up clean on that, then we can let the INS decide what to do with them (unfortunately that means let them go, but solving that problem is an entirely seperate issue).

As for arresting rappers. I'm all for it in several cases. It's sort of an open secret that "gangsta" rap is heavily tied up in organized crime. You get guys with a rap sheets longer than Gene Simmons' tongue singing about drugs and murder, and they seem to keep getting shot. How much of this has to go on before somebody conducts an investigation and starts passing out indictments?
That being said, I wouldn't label them terrorists. At least a terrorist has a political motive. These morons and the street thugs who emulate them are just a bunch of idiots who help spread drugs and violence in their own neighborhoods for two shallow reasons: Money and some horribly misguided concept of "macho".

I also happen to love rap- even some of the stuff that most people wouldn't approve of. I think I'll throw that out there before somebody mistakes me for being a rigid old fart or a fascist (no offense to any old farts who may be present).
I just think it's ridiculous that we turn a blind eye to an obvious stronghold of organized crime. The lyrics themselves just get caught in a catch 22. I wouldn't want to restrict the ability to say much of anything, but they wouldn't be saying these particular things (nor would anybody appreciate the words coming from them) unless they were actually DOING IT or had had done it. So it's not that they shouldn't be saying that stuff in my opinion- its just that they wouldn't say it if they hadn't done wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It does seem a little 1984'esque. I agree that they needed to be picked up for being in the country illegally, but still calling them terrorists because they were in posession of an essay about suicide bombing is disconcerting to say the least.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
These girls are being arrested for a crime of "thought". A crime of "intent".

These girls were detained because they were living in the US illegally. Just send them back home. End of Story.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
They're living here illegally. Good. Just deport them. Done deal.

The American Government's definition of terrorist is so broad that it coud be argued that a mosquito that just bit someone with some contagious disease and passes it on to someone else is a terrorist. Hell, in America, you're a terrorist if someone even vaguely accuses you of it. Honestly, every last one of us could be called a terrorist under at least one provision of the government's definition of terrorist.

In my opinion, this "terrorist" crap is getting way out of hand. If our government would stop pissing people off, we wouldn't have this problem.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join