It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Periodic Awakening?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
anyone else go through spurts of awakening..
For some reason every fall I begin to slowly close down spiritually but as spring approaches all of my spiritual and psychic tendancies become stronger and more pronounced again.
Does this happen to anyone else or am I alone here?
It seems like I am less receptive during the winter for some reason.
For about the past week or two I have been getting more sensitive again intuitively.

What gives?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
No your not alone in this line of thought, i have been wondering this myself as of late. About a year ago i underwent a growth spurt of psychic ability and it has since tailed off somewhat. I wonder if these spurts are cyclical in nature and we should not expect them to be always ongoing.

I must admit that i have not been focusing on remote viewing as much, and this lapse in practice shows in ability. But sometimes things need to be given a rest so they can become fresh and new again.
You are probably just going through a phase and im sure as summer hits and your spirit gets rejuevinated youl be back on track. Good Luck Parker

[edit on 8-4-2005 by parker]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My spurts come and go with times of really high emotion. Say when a well loved memeber of the community dies, I can sense so much sadness around me it's like lieing back onto a blanket. (I know this is empathy, but that is a psychic ability.)

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The reason is pretty clear to me. Winter is a period of death and dormancy for the earth in most temperate biomes. If your spirit is closely tied with the earth or life then it would be logical to assume that it to becomes somewhat dormant or depressed in winter. Then spring comes, life and growth return and so does your fifth sense.

As for me, I feel that in am more linked into humanity than nature so since people have found ways to insulate themselves from the effects of the non-growing season, so has my spirituality. I must admit that it comes to the surface more in summer months but that is probably because that is when the people in my fair city are their most alive and vibrant.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow.. astral that makes alot of sense.. yes I am very in tune with the earth..

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There is a 'condition' called.

Seasonal Affective Disorder.

SAD

Dark in the winter and light in the summer... get confused inbetween when it alternates.

Check it out on the net, I've suffered from it for a long time but summers here so theres no need to go into all that long drawn out depressive stuff.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Same here i thought I was getting weaker...
but the earth reaches out to me sometimes, and i feel drawn to trees and plants( I live near to woods). So yeah I get the some thing, but I have like a peak in the fall kind of like the highest point in spirituallity fallls to the lowest point in the winter. It makes sense.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

For about the past week or two I have been getting more sensitive again intuitively.

What gives?

i don't think of this state as an 'awakening' as much as being in a 'resonance' with Nature/Gaia or whatever

being a Taurus, earthy person...
and spiritually i'd guess like a cromagnon or neanderthal early man
and very much linked or bound in the shamanistic type world-view...

there are plenty of 'us' type people..,
aware of and affected by the different 'cycles'
Lunar(monthly) or Solar(seasonal) or circadean(daily)

dosent Beltain occur pretty soon? another pre-'religiousoity' Nature Festival=> when the normal person was more in tune with & in sync with
(also more in jeopardy with) The Forces of Nature.

in the broader spectrum of individual strengths-traits-abilities-genetic predispositions??...persons with this 'earthy' empathies & sensitivities
might become enviromentalists or veternarians or farmers or naturalists
or any number of 'niche' careers, diciplines, worldviews

bye,
the march winds brought the april showers so-as-to raise the may flowers \so to give my june bride,,,

bye-bye
~~

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm a taurus also... could count for something...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Oh yeah. For myself, its kind of like an updated tuneup. Fine tuning oneself is always a good endeavour to go thru because sometimes the tried & true of yesterday may not work for today.

I feel sorry for those who are *stuck* in their ways/beliefs that are no longer valid or of any benefit.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Did anyone else think this would be somekind of thread on waking at normal intervals during the night? no? just me?

well anyways ON topic..Nope...i dont feel different in the different seasons...and you probably have a small case of that seasonal disorder, my teacher had it and she would be really depreased acting in the winter and real nice and alive like in the spring.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

For some reason every fall I begin to slowly close down spiritually but as spring approaches all of my spiritual and psychic tendancies become stronger and more pronounced again.
Does this happen to anyone else or am I alone here?
It seems like I am less receptive during the winter for some reason.

What gives?

Yes, I do. It's an enormous thing when it does happen, and it usually happens months (2 to 5) before world events take a turn.

But, it's not only I who change, but the people around me in everyday life, total strangers look at me with a certain expression of knowing something familiar. And, I see them for who they are, and they know it, and I really feel them. I know things private, things one should not know. Specifics that seem to come to me out of thin air, when I'm making no effort.

To me it is an assignment of responsibility. Sort of like a scavenger hunt with little and big clues. Hard to explain.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by noiro
Did anyone else think this would be somekind of thread on waking at normal intervals during the night? no? just me?

well anyways ON topic..Nope...i dont feel different in the different seasons...and you probably have a small case of that seasonal disorder, my teacher had it and she would be really depreased acting in the winter and real nice and alive like in the spring.

I think in the years to come, you'll understand.

When it happens, just know you are not alone.

top topics

join