It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The Quran is the literal word of God, which He revealed to His Prophet Muhammad through the Angel Gabriel. It was memorized by Muhammad , who then dictated it to his Companions. They, in turn, memorized it, wrote it down, and reviewed it with the Prophet Muhammad . Moreover, the Prophet Muhammad reviewed the Quran with the Angel Gabriel once each year and twice in the last year of his life. From the time the Quran was revealed, until this day, there has always been a huge number of Muslims who have memorized all of the Quran, letter by letter. Some of them have even been able to memorize all of the Quran by the age of ten. Not one letter of the Quran has been changed over the centuries.

The Quran, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago, mentioned facts only recently discovered or proven by scientists. This proves without doubt that the Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him to the Prophet Muhammad , and that the Quran was not authored by Muhammad or by any other human being. This also proves that Muhammad is truly a prophet sent by God. It is beyond reason that anyone fourteen hundred years ago would have known these facts discovered or proven only recently with advanced equipment and sophisticated scientific methods. Some examples follow.

Link to:

www.theunjustmedia.com...

Just read and press Next at the bottom of the article, and you will get a new Scientific Miracle (there are severals of them)

And say the least that is Pretty interesting to read.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Why does it say WE did this and WE did that. How many gods are there???

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's good to understand where the dogma comes from in any influential religion, and worth a look for anyone who hasn't read the Qu'ran.

There are quite a few nature documentary style featurettes on Moslem-funded community TV that point out how the intricate workings of this dragonfly or that fish could only have been brought about by the divine wisdom and perfect creation of Allah, and not by evolution. Equally easy to substitute the name of deity of your choice in my opinion.

I am not sure that new scientific discoveries will move any closer to proving the creation myth of any scriptures. But I do think there is value in understanding the workings of other religions. Helps you get on with people a little easier.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
It's good to understand where the dogma comes from in any influential religion, and worth a look for anyone who hasn't read the Qu'ran.

There are quite a few nature documentary style featurettes on Moslem-funded community TV that point out how the intricate workings of this dragonfly or that fish could only have been brought about by the divine wisdom and perfect creation of Allah, and not by evolution. Equally easy to substitute the name of deity of your choice in my opinion.

I am not sure that new scientific discoveries will move any closer to proving the creation myth of any scriptures. But I do think there is value in understanding the workings of other religions. Helps you get on with people a little easier.

But what do u think about the statements of the article?
Specially with the brain and the embryon?
Anyway u never get such explanation in any book or program, so it�s good to see the religions in another way (and even i still Atheist )
Enjoy the read,

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well, the level of illustration and technical detail is exactly the same as the kind of stuff I was talking about on TV. It is presented as science first and foremost, then while the viewer is in wonderment, there is a leap of faith.

I am not familiar enough with the Qu'ran to know if this is the only account of human embryonic development:

"We created man from an extract of clay. Then We made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then We made the drop into an alaqah (leech, suspended thing, and blood clot), then We made the alaqah into a mudghah" (chewed substance)... 1 (Quran, 23:12-14).

Yes, the interpretation given to these expressions can be scientifically illustrated, as Professor Moore said. Also, I'm not sure why these fairly elementary descriptions of a growing embryo could not have been scientifically known before 700AD. Not widely promoted in facts of life lessons for children, but certainly scientifically know. Correct me by showing when the fertilised egg cell and embryo and foetus development arose as a scientific tenet.

But the 'leap of faith' he makes is just the kind that I don't make:

"In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Moore said: �It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Quran about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God.�

All still very much a matter of subjective interpretation. Every person promoting every scripture will do this.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

It is due to the same reason Genesis says "Let US create man". It's called majesty pluralis. The word for God is even a plural word: Elohim. It means Powers. God is the powers of Creation. God is Love.

Many people, especially Christians with no understanding of language, history and culture, have often misinterpreted this as meaning God is somehow more than one, thus giving support for the idea that the Father and the Son are two separate "parts" in God. The Father or the Creator is the United Forces of Creation if you like.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Oh, so the first person or people started out as embryos. But, in whose womb........oops...........
Laughable.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is funny because I was reading about this subject earlier.

According to what I've learned; If you know Hebrew and Arabic, both stemming from Afro-Asiatic languages; you'll see that Allah and Elohim are synonymous. The Quran says "We" because Elohim is plural. The fact that Islam does not equate partners with Allah, refutes what people say about The Elohim being "Jesus" and "God". This implies that The Elohim are a particular group of peoples or beings(these beings who are all One) and not "The Trinity". Because Islam adamantly rejects "The Trinity". If I remember correctly; Yahweh isn't even mentioned in the Quran; even though the Bible and Quran have similiar stories of Musa(Moses), Yeshua(Jesus), Jonah, etc.

I've come to learn that while the various "Holy Scriptures" may contain SOME actual events; they are MOSTLY SYMBOLIC.

I'll post some posts from another message board about this subject and keep the author(s) anonymous.

ONE

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Author anonymous.

""I am about to type out another extremely relevant post in a sec. when I get back to my desk, but, as for your question about the Quran,
It is definitely not as tampered with as the bible is. One way that this is known is because the Quran was written based on a mathematical code. Every letter has a number value, as letters were originally numbers. Arabic letters and values are vary important in the science of islam. The Quran is based on a Alpha-numerical code of 19."

check it out:
**[THIS IS A SHORT SUMMARY OF CODE]**

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

"One of the Great Miracles" [74:35]

The Quran is characterized by a unique phenomenon never found in any human authored book. Every element of the Quran is mathematically composed - the suras, the verses, the words, the number of certain letters, the number of words from the same root, the number and variety of divine names, the unique spelling of certain words, the absence or deliberate alteration of certain letters within certain words, and many other elements of the Quran besides its content. There are two major facets of the Quran's mathematical system: (1) The mathematical literary composition, and (2) The mathematical structure involving the numbers of suras and verses. Because of this comprehensive mathematical coding, the slightest distortion of the Quran's text or physical arrangement is immediately exposed.

SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND IMPOSSIBLE TO IMITATE

For the first time in history we have a scripture with built-in proof of divine authorship - a superhuman mathematical composition.

Any reader of this book can easily verify the Quran's mathematical miracle. The word "God" (Allah) is written in bold capital letters throughout the text. The cumulative frequency of occurrence of the word "God" is noted at the bottom of each page in the left hand corner. The number in the right hand corner is the cumulative total of the numbers for verses containing the word "God." The last page of the text, Page 372, shows that the total occurrence of the word "God" is 2698, or 19x142. The total sum of verse numbers for all verses containing the word "God" is 118123, also a multiple of 19 (118123 = 19x6217).

Nineteen is the common denominator throughout the Quran's mathematical system.

This phenomenon alone suffices as incontrovertible proof that the Quran is God's message to the world. No human being(s) could have kept track of 2698 occurrences of the word "God," and the numbers of verses where they occur. This is especially impossible in view of (1) the age of ignorance during which the Quran was revealed, and (2) the fact that the suras and verses were widely separated in time and place of revelation. The chronological order of revelation was vastly different from the final format (Appendix 23). However, the Quran's mathematical system is not limited to the word "God;" it is extremely vast, extremely intricate, and totally comprehensive.

THE SIMPLE FACTS

Like the Quran itself, the Quran's mathematical coding ranges from the very simple, to the very complex. The Simple Facts are those observations that can be ascertained without using any tools. The complex facts require the assistance of a calculator or a computer. The following facts do not require any tools to be verified, but please remember they all refer to the original Arabic text:

1. The first verse (1:1),known as "Basmalah," consists of 19 letters.
2. The Quran consists of 114 suras, which is ..............19 x 6.
3. The total number of verses in the Quran is 6346, or ....19 x 334. [6234 numbered verses & 112 un-numbered verses (Basmalahs) 6234+112 = 6346] Note that 6+3+4+6 =.......19.
4. The Basmalah occurs 114 times, despite its conspicuous absence from Sura 9 (it occurs twice in Sura 27) & 114= 19x6.
5. From the missing Basmalah of Sura 9 to the extra Basmalah of Sura 27, there are precisely ...............19 suras.
6. It follows that the total of the sura numbers from 9 to 27 (9+10+11+12+...+26+27) is 342, or .............19 x 18.
7. This total (342) also equals the number of words between the two Basmalahs of Sura 27, and 342 = ........19 x 18.
8. The famous first revelation (96:1-5) consists of .......19 words.
9. This 19-worded first revelation consists of 76 letters .19 x 4.
10. Sura 96, first in the chronological sequence, consists of .....................................................19 verses.
11. This first chronological sura is placed atop the last ..19 suras.
12. Sura 96 consists of 304 Arabic letters, and 304 equals .19 x 16.
13. The last revelation (Sura 110) consists of ............19 words.
14. The first verse of the last revelation (110:1) consists of ................19 letters.
15. 14 different Arabic letters, form 14 different sets of "Quranic Initials" (such as A.L.M. of 2:1), and prefix 29 suras. These numbers add up to 14+14+29 = 57 = ......19 x 3.
16. The total of the 29 sura numbers where the Quranic Initials occur is 2+3+7+...+50+68 = 822, and 822+14 (14 sets of initials) equals 836, or ................. 19 x 44.
17. Between the first initialed sura (Sura 2) and the last initialed sura (Sura 68) there are 38 un-initialed suras 19 x 2.
18. Between the first and last initialed sura there are ....19 sets of alternating "initialed" and "un-initialed" suras.
19. The Quran mentions 30 different numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 99, 100, 200, 300, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 50,000, & 100,000. The sum of these numbers is 162146, which equals 19x8534.

This is a condensed summary of the Simple Facts.

**[THE ADVANCED FACTS ARE EVEN MORE INCREDIBLE]**"

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   
There's also the concept known as "Triple Stages of Darkness" or "Three veils of darkness" recognized by Islam. Orthodox, Sufi, Nation of Islam and the Nation of the Gods and Earths.

Here's a more physical scientific view on it.

www.jannah.org...

There's also a more esoteric science about "Triple Stages of Darkness" promoted by the likes of Clarence 13X and Freemasons such as Elijah Muhammad and Louis Farrakhan.

ONE

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Author anonymous.

""I am about to type out another extremely relevant post in a sec. when I get back to my desk, but, as for your question about the Quran,
It is definitely not as tampered with as the bible is. One way that this is known is because the Quran was written based on a mathematical code. Every letter has a number value, as letters were originally numbers. Arabic letters and values are vary important in the science of islam. The Quran is based on a Alpha-numerical code of 19."

check it out:
**[THIS IS A SHORT SUMMARY OF CODE]**

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

"One of the Great Miracles" [74:35]

The Quran is characterized by a unique phenomenon never found in any human authored book. Every element of the Quran is mathematically composed - the suras, the verses, the words, the number of certain letters, the number of words from the same root, the number and variety of divine names, the unique spelling of certain words, the absence or deliberate alteration of certain letters within certain words, and many other elements of the Quran besides its content. There are two major facets of the Quran's mathematical system: (1) The mathematical literary composition, and (2) The mathematical structure involving the numbers of suras and verses. Because of this comprehensive mathematical coding, the slightest distortion of the Quran's text or physical arrangement is immediately exposed.

SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND IMPOSSIBLE TO IMITATE

For the first time in history we have a scripture with built-in proof of divine authorship - a superhuman mathematical composition.

Any reader of this book can easily verify the Quran's mathematical miracle. The word "God" (Allah) is written in bold capital letters throughout the text. The cumulative frequency of occurrence of the word "God" is noted at the bottom of each page in the left hand corner. The number in the right hand corner is the cumulative total of the numbers for verses containing the word "God." The last page of the text, Page 372, shows that the total occurrence of the word "God" is 2698, or 19x142. The total sum of verse numbers for all verses containing the word "God" is 118123, also a multiple of 19 (118123 = 19x6217).

Nineteen is the common denominator throughout the Quran's mathematical system.

This phenomenon alone suffices as incontrovertible proof that the Quran is God's message to the world. No human being(s) could have kept track of 2698 occurrences of the word "God," and the numbers of verses where they occur. This is especially impossible in view of (1) the age of ignorance during which the Quran was revealed, and (2) the fact that the suras and verses were widely separated in time and place of revelation. The chronological order of revelation was vastly different from the final format (Appendix 23). However, the Quran's mathematical system is not limited to the word "God;" it is extremely vast, extremely intricate, and totally comprehensive.

THE SIMPLE FACTS

Like the Quran itself, the Quran's mathematical coding ranges from the very simple, to the very complex. The Simple Facts are those observations that can be ascertained without using any tools. The complex facts require the assistance of a calculator or a computer. The following facts do not require any tools to be verified, but please remember they all refer to the original Arabic text:

1. The first verse (1:1),known as "Basmalah," consists of 19 letters.
2. The Quran consists of 114 suras, which is ..............19 x 6.
3. The total number of verses in the Quran is 6346, or ....19 x 334. [6234 numbered verses & 112 un-numbered verses (Basmalahs) 6234+112 = 6346] Note that 6+3+4+6 =.......19.
4. The Basmalah occurs 114 times, despite its conspicuous absence from Sura 9 (it occurs twice in Sura 27) & 114= 19x6.
5. From the missing Basmalah of Sura 9 to the extra Basmalah of Sura 27, there are precisely ...............19 suras.
6. It follows that the total of the sura numbers from 9 to 27 (9+10+11+12+...+26+27) is 342, or .............19 x 18.
7. This total (342) also equals the number of words between the two Basmalahs of Sura 27, and 342 = ........19 x 18.
8. The famous first revelation (96:1-5) consists of .......19 words.
9. This 19-worded first revelation consists of 76 letters .19 x 4.
10. Sura 96, first in the chronological sequence, consists of .....................................................19 verses.
11. This first chronological sura is placed atop the last ..19 suras.
12. Sura 96 consists of 304 Arabic letters, and 304 equals .19 x 16.
13. The last revelation (Sura 110) consists of ............19 words.
14. The first verse of the last revelation (110:1) consists of ................19 letters.
15. 14 different Arabic letters, form 14 different sets of "Quranic Initials" (such as A.L.M. of 2:1), and prefix 29 suras. These numbers add up to 14+14+29 = 57 = ......19 x 3.
16. The total of the 29 sura numbers where the Quranic Initials occur is 2+3+7+...+50+68 = 822, and 822+14 (14 sets of initials) equals 836, or ................. 19 x 44.
17. Between the first initialed sura (Sura 2) and the last initialed sura (Sura 68) there are 38 un-initialed suras 19 x 2.
18. Between the first and last initialed sura there are ....19 sets of alternating "initialed" and "un-initialed" suras.
19. The Quran mentions 30 different numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 99, 100, 200, 300, 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, 50,000, & 100,000. The sum of these numbers is 162146, which equals 19x8534.

This is a condensed summary of the Simple Facts.

**[THE ADVANCED FACTS ARE EVEN MORE INCREDIBLE]**"

Very interesting theory, i�ll have to review it myself, but i also will ask family about it, if the 19 Code is true means that is more close to the Jewish Kabal than what i thought.

Anyway what is says about how complex is it�s true, and i know for all my life that is impossible to change one single word of the quoran, it is not possible to manipulate. And there is some scary stuff about some suras, anyway i still atheist, but i believe that all these religions thoughts and theories have a pattern. I am sure, just find the pattern...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Love your signature, CoLD aNGeR!

Tamahu : To use the systematical occurance of the number 19 to proove that the Koran is God's message is absurd. You've been working too long with computers and calculators and forget that the people of the old and especially the Arabs were extremely skilled mathmaticans. It is their numerical system we use in the West today, and they calculated the circumference of the Earth and prooved the Earth was globular when we were still living in caves hunting with holes in the ground and sticks and stones. It's not difficult to do this it can easily be done with virtually any text. Perhaps you'll have to create a couple of new words and change the grammar a little. That's all.

Some time back I wrote a long sentance that I have now lost that could be read back and forth and presented the same essence both ways. This however doesn't proove that what I wrote was dictated by God. See?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Which sentence?

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR

Which sentence?

Every one. Love them all!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
ColdAnger said:

["Very interesting theory, i�ll have to review it myself, but i also will ask family about it, if the 19 Code is true means that is more close to the Jewish Kabal than what i thought."]

The Kabbalah comes from the Khemetic(Egyptian) esoteric sciences as do most sciences.

Some say that Khemet was a colony of Kush(ancient Ethiopians). The writings of Herodotus and Godfrey Higgins may back up this so- called theory.

The Masonic Nation of Islam, say that Islam was the black mans culture before the religion of Islam ever came to be. According to the Moor known as Noble Drew Ali, the Moors were black men who preserved the culture and science of Islam.

Anyway; there's a huge connection between the Masons, Nation of Islam and Moorish Science. All these guys study the Kabbalah. Much of the knowledge is based on the writings of Tehuti/Thoth as admitted by the "Three Initiates" who wrote the modern Kybalion.

ONE

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to prove that the Quran was dictated by any mystery god. The person who originally posted that on another message board wasn't either. He was just trying to show the mathematical accuracy of the men who did write it. Most of the science of the Arabs probably came from a time when there were no mixed or pale Arabs, only black Arabs. If you go to Southern Arabia you can still find some 'Ku#e' Arabians who probably look like the original Arabians, before they mixed with invaders from the North. The same thing goes with India or the "Indus Kush".

ONE

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to prove that the Quran was dictated by any mystery god. The person who originally posted that on another message board wasn't either. He was just trying to show the mathematical accuracy of the men who did write it.

From your post:
"This phenomenon alone suffices as incontrovertible proof that the Quran is God's message to the world. No human being(s) could have kept track of 2698 occurrences of the word "God," and the numbers of verses where they occur. This is especially impossible in view of (1) the age of ignorance during which the Quran was revealed, and (2) the fact that the suras and verses were widely separated in time and place of revelation. The chronological order of revelation was vastly different from the final format (Appendix 23). However, the Quran's mathematical system is not limited to the word "God;" it is extremely vast, extremely intricate, and totally comprehensive. "

How about reading what you post/forward before you argue against the whole essence of your own post? I'm a drummer and the Koran seems to have been based on rythm as it was originally an memorised book. It's impossible to keep track of 2698 occurrences of the word "God"? Perhaps, but it's not impossible to make a rythm that makes the system in question possible to both create and memorise such a book without the use of calculators, or computers.... I'll say like Steve Jobs: Think Different!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

It is due to the same reason Genesis says "Let US create man". It's called majesty pluralis. The word for God is even a plural word: Elohim. It means Powers. God is the powers of Creation. God is Love.

Many people, especially Christians with no understanding of language, history and culture, have often misinterpreted this as meaning God is somehow more than one, thus giving support for the idea that the Father and the Son are two separate "parts" in God. The Father or the Creator is the United Forces of Creation if you like.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The Masonic Nation of Islam, say that Islam was the black mans culture before the religion of Islam ever came to be. According to the Moor known as Noble Drew Ali, the Moors were black men who preserved the culture and science of Islam.

Anyway; there's a huge connection between the Masons, Nation of Islam and Moorish Science. All these guys study the Kabbalah. Much of the knowledge is based on the writings of Tehuti/Thoth as admitted by the "Three Initiates" who wrote the modern Kybalion.

ONE

A- Don't say the NOI was Masonic. Give me evidence. The NOI was the best thing ever happen to the black people. Don't try to taint it by saying it was Masonic.

B- Noble Drew Ali, Moorish Temple, is right. The Moors were black Muslims who preserved Islam and made it flourish. Moor means black man.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Do u have some links to back up this info?
I�d like to see the connections between masons and islam, would be really interesting, because it has also to do with jews, specially in the Pharaonic Age, when there was also brotherhoods logias fraternities of wise people to advice pharaons and so on...
I�d like to see some Sources of info of this Tamahu if possible, thanks

<<   2 >>

join