It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist strike at pope funeral? a possibility....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yahoo news states

The funeral of the Pope on Friday will draw the biggest gathering of the powerful and the humble in modern times. Four kings, five queens, at least 70 presidents and prime ministers and more than 14 leaders of other religions will attend alongside what the Vatican expects will be two million faithful; the largest number of pilgrims to converge on St. Peter's Square in its history.

Another link as to who will be there....

reuters.myway.com...

Would this not be a great oppurtunity for religous fanatics or extremists to carry out an act of terror that could cripple the wolrd with all these world leaders present or to further their own agenda?

I read that Italy will have soldiers and warships, but should there not be a little more security than that. With the amount of people expected to make the pilgrimage nad funeral,, i would think that this is an excellent chance for a few suicide bombings to really shake it up in the middle east and the current world situation. Is this fathomable???

Does anyone have a take on this....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Italy is now sealing up manholes, setting up sharp shooters and making their security presence more visible for tomorrow's event.

The possibility of a terror attack tomorrow is very high imo, I mean if anyone wanted to start a religious war, tomorrow would be the day. I only hope that even the extremists will have respect for the dead and allow mourners to mourn in peace.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I too hope that the day can pass in a respectful manner, but this truly a once in a lifetime chance to change history in a very large way for an extremist.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow that is crazy I had a vision this morning of the very same thing, but the "terrorist" had somehow gotten access to the Vatican and of all things a nuke.

wiping out over a million plus people, destroying the Vatican complex and taking with them more then 10 world leaders......

A bad scene for humanity and the worlds goverments.

even an infectious carrier, like a ricin or anthrax could prove highly efficient with that many people in one area.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Everyone would expect it to happen at the Vatican... I would honestly be thinking more for Churches, Mosques, and Synagouges. Security-wise everyone's backs will be turned, though I'm sure a great deal of people will be in Churches around the world all day tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Huh. Interesting. I had a dream sort of like that last night, robertfenix. But in all honesty, I'm not going to get all worked up over it unless something really does happen, which I doubt anything will.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Think this may have been covered here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I will not get worked up over it either as it is out of my control and what will happen will either happen or it will not.

Just funny that some people seem to be having the same thoughts, but then again I guess its just a big target rich event so naturally we should all think about the what if's....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow with a thread title like this I am fearing for the freedom of the poster. Beware the men in dark glasses may come to take you away.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
No way. Thats propostrous. This man was loved and respected by the same very people who want our heads Wrong funeral, wrong person (wink wink)

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Okay, no pun intended, but really guys, if it happens, I'd be EXTREMELY suprised.

1 - If they struck a Catholic celebration, not only would the millions upon millions Catholics, no matter political affialation, be upset, but so would the billions of Christians that support them.

2 - It would no longer be political terrorism. It would become a world war literally in the form of a Crusade.

It's suicide for the terrorist organizations. Many countries (Some 70 Presidents and Hundreds of world leaders will be attending the funeral) that don't even SUPPORT the war on terror now would - why? Because it has become personal.

It won't happen.

-wD

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
which U.S. vips will go to rome?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Are you joking? Someone attacking this funeral would garner the same result as nuking mecca on ramadan... It wouldn't be good and every surviving member of the religion would go berserk.

top topics

join