It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Shooting at Texas High School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A football coach was shot Thursday at a Canton, Texas high school, near Dallas. The school is in lockdown mode as police search for the shooter. At this time, it appears the perpetrator was not a student and no students were injured.

www.azcentral.com
CANTON, Texas - An East Texas high school football coach reportedly has been shot and wounded at the school field house.

TV reports said the shooting happened this morning in Canton, about 50 miles east of Dallas. No word on his condition.

News reports said all of the schools in the town are in lockdown as police seek a suspect.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The story is still developing...but we need to do more about safety in our schools.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
And John titor's waco type of events are comming true

[edit on 7-4-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
How much longer can this madness go on?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
And John titor's waco type of events are comming true

Do you have a link to that claim "he" made? Maybe some crazy kid read it and decided to act it out....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I was working on the story and before I posted it I checked to see if it had been posted since it has here is a more indepth TV version of the shooting

www.team4news.com...

Robertson used an AK47 and has threatened others. Police also ae now saying he has other fire arms in his vehicle is considered armed and very dangerous as one would expect

[edit on 4/7/2005 by shots]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here's some more information:

FOX News
Gary Joe Kinne, who is also the Canton High School athletic director, was shot at least once and airlifted to a hospital in nearby Tyler, Don Martin, spokesman for the Tyler Police Department, told The Tyler Morning Telegraph.

Information on Kinne's condition was being withheld at the request of Canton police, said John Moore, spokesman for Trinity Mother Frances Health System in Tyler.

The suspect was identified as Jeffrey Doyle Robertson, 44, said Jasmine Andresen, a trooper with the Texas Department of Public Safety. They were seeking a black Dodge pickup, and law enforcement agents were pursuing, Andresen said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Troopers say he was last seen leaving the school in a black 2004 Dodge pickup truck with Texas license 64N-XW1.

Same link I used in my first post on this

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
When will people realize that shooting each other doesn't solve anything? It only causes them more problems, the person they shot more problems if they don't die, and causes everyone else around problems.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
When will people realize that shooting each other doesn't solve anything? It only causes them more problems, the person they shot more problems if they don't die, and causes everyone else around problems.

when there are no more guns... and when will there me no more guns... never... soooo....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My guess would be that the victim was either sleeping with the guys wife or was molesting one of the shooters kids. Just a guess.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just heard on the radio that they found his truck, and that he had called his wife saying that he was going to cut his wrist and kill himself. No one has found him yet though.

All schools are locked down until 3:00 pm and everything appears to be safe there. The condition of the coach is still not being released althought we do know that he was airlifted to a hosiptal in Tyler.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
My guess would be that the victim was either sleeping with the guys wife or was molesting one of the shooters kids. Just a guess.

good point. it seems this was not a kid, but an adult so it is not the same as other school shootings. only 1 person was targeted so i would say that there must have been some personal motive.

elevatedone guns are not the problem. if he didn't have a gun he could have found plenty of ways to kill the coach. i am tired of hearing that anytime someone gets shot. we have some of the most anoying gun controll laws here, and it has done nothing to stop gun crimes. all gun controll accomplishes is to take guns away fron non-criminals, it does nothing to the guns that are brought in espesialy for the criminals to use. i wish that people would realize this. what we do with gun controll is make sure that criminals won't have to worry about their target haveing a gun to defend themselves.
remember guns do not kill, people use guns to kill. and there are plenty of others ways to kill without a gun in fact gunshot victoms have more chance of surviveing than say chopping off someones head with a sword, or stabbing someone in the heart with a fork. should forks then be illigal?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Let's not jump to conclusions. I'm under the impression that highschool football is a BIG DEAL in Texas, especially to middle aged highschool has-beens. Maybe his kid got cut from the team and the two had words about it previously. For that matter maybe the shooter just flipped his wig and felt like shooting somebody. There are a million other "maybes" too. No telling why this happened until the whole story comes out.

Warthog: About John Titor's "prediction"... exactly how many football coaches were shot at Waco?

[edit on 7-4-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I might add that the shooter was said to be drunk at the time. This probably had more impact on the attack than the possession of a gun. I submit that we pass new laws preventing this evil drink that kills millions a year.

...What? O that's right we already tried that one and it wasn't very popular. Apparently the Kennedy's liked the stuff too much and got the amendment repealed.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I just heard on the radio, that he was upset over some calls made during last football season. They also mentioned that he was carrying a "hit list" of some sort.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The VagabondWarthog: About John Titor's "prediction"... exactly how many football coaches were shot at Waco?

Hah, I was thinking the same thing.

I love this - a classic newspost:

Step 1. Post the news
- A breaking story develops about a high school shooting. A post is made with few details.

Step 2. First responders
- John Titor supporters post the similarities between real life and their prophecies.

Step 3. Complaints about guns
- People complain about guns.

Step 4. Defense for guns
- People point out that it's not guns that kill people, it's people.

Step 5. This post
- People like me make a post like this detailing how stereotypical the chain of news/response is. We take a step back from it all and act like we're above the bickering and short-sightedness even though we really aren't.

Zip

EDIT Oh yeah, and every so often an update is posted to the story that renders half of the speculative posts obsolete.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I just heard on the radio, that he was upset over some calls made during last football season.

I hate monday morning quarterbacks. Especially when they come to kill me. Somebody should have bought this poor guy a play station and a nice football game, or first person shooter. Say what you want about game zombies, at least their docile.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people-football kills people!

Hell. if we wanna get all anti-gun, we might as well go anti-football, or anti pro sports...we can factor in all the domestic violence calls, the riots in the streets, expenses for security for the events, etcetera.

Or, we could simply ban Texas? Just a thought? *ducks*

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I just heard on the radio, that he was upset over some calls made during last football season.

I hate monday morning quarterbacks. Especially when they come to kill me. Somebody should have bought this poor guy a play station and a nice football game, or first person shooter. Say what you want about game zombies, at least their docile.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Rampant speculation, then you find he shot the guy "cause he looked at me funny 8 months ago"

The situations where there is a large span of time between the event, and the shooting..Those really weird me out..I mean, the guy sat at home for months, stewing over "something" and nobody noticed.
I thought peoples attention spans were getting shorter..and here, this guy
pops up with a case of long term concentration..

These stories belong on their own website...The Grudgereport..or something...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Shooter was spotted in the woods not far from where he abandoned his vehicle and was arrested without incident.

Apparently he had made a cell phone call to a friend and described the area he was in. This lead police to his vehicle. He then made another cell phone call which the police were able to "lock on" to and find his location.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 4/7/2005 by phreak_of_nature]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join