It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Greer's analysis on Peter Jennings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Dr. Steven Greer and The Disclosure Project have concluded that after Peter Jennings broadcast on ABC news about UFO's, the whole thing was another debunking tool to keep the public away from the truth about the conspiracy. Here's a partial transcript of what Dr. Greer wrote:

PETER JENNINGS DEFRAUDING:
INSIDE THE ABC NEWS UFO DOCUMENTARY HOAX

Di Steven M. Greer.
Director, The Disclosure Project
March 2005

www.disclosureproject.org...

Copyright 2005

NOTE: PERMISSION IS HEREBY GRANTED TO POST AND DISTRIBUTE WIDELY, SO LONG AS THIS ARTICLE APPEARS IN ITS ENTIRETY OR IS EXCERPTED ACCURATELY.

Of course, the title of the show was 'Peter Jennings Reporting…' - if only that were so. This is the story of how, once again, the corrupt Big Media has defrauded the American people, from one who had a front row seat to the spectacle.

In the summer of 2004, as founder and director of The Disclosure Project (www.DisclosureProject.org) I was approached by Jennings Productions producer Jordan Kronick. He explained how ABC News was going to make history by doing a serious expose of the UFO matter - for the first time on network news.

Initially skeptical - we have seen and heard this song and dance before - I agreed to meet with Kronick at our offices in Washington DC. Over the course of several hours, we discussed the subject and how The Disclosure Project had identified several hundred top secret military and government witnesses to UFO events and projects.

Kronick expressed great interest and repeatedly stated that this is exactly what Jennings, chief producer Mark Obenhaus and he were looking for. I offered to provide, pro bono, ALL Disclosure Project digital videotape interviews and full access to ALL Disclosure Project witnesses willing to cooperate with ABC News - including those witnesses not yet taped by us.

FULL ARTICLE

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
And i couldnt agree more ! You can make a documentary like that about any given subject in the world, find people that disagree and achieve absolutely nothing by making it except ratings....the conclusion was what? there is no conclusion?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this separately mulder. We covered this back in the long Jennings thread, (also included Stan Friedman's response as well..) But I don't see why it can't be a topic on it's own....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks Gazrok. The reason I posted this seprately is because I believe in Dr. Greer and the Disclosure Project. I watched the two hour special and wasn't surprised by the end results or the conclusions. Basically, like Dr. Greer said, they took the scientist and made them look good and the off the street individuals and made them look like they were crazy. It was just another attempt to keep the public away from the truth and to keep them guessing. It's truly sad the main stream media is being overun by the government in order to manipulate us into making us trust the government.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by mrmulder]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just for the record, there actually is a 3-page thread discussing Dr. Greer's assessment of the Jennings report. (Not trying to end this one, but some good posts there as well if you're interested.
)

Inside the ABC News UFO Documentary Hoax

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thought so...didn't see it... Anyhow, we're at the 10 day mark, so we'll let it stand...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh, Sorry ProudAmerican. Didn't see that one either.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've been paying attention to Dr. Greer for years now, since about 1995 i guess...

He seems to be a level headed indevidual who truly wants to get at the truth. I didn't watch the ABC docu. because I knew it was going to be another waste of time from an "answers" standpoint...

One possibility that someone brought up in the other thread was the fact Jennings even broached the subject added credibility to it.

While I see what they meant from what I've heard and read about the program it was a farse.

m...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
With all due respect to those of you with differing opinions, I find it hard to put ANY stock in Dr. Greer's "whistle blowers" and his Disclosure Project when the entire DP website is a solicitation for money. One should find this odd when the stated purpose is "full disclosure" I guess that's only for paying customers huh?

The folks at the DP site claim that the five dollar "donation" is used to cover their costs. However, Dr. Greer states himself in the background section of the website that he edited the material himself. Furthermore, how is it that SO many other UFO enthusiasts manage to work a steady job and still support their UFO habit without charging to simply access even a small portion of the data?!?

As to Dr. Greer's rant against ABC's recent expose... Greer himself has stated on a number of occasions how he had sent a large quantity of material to ABC for the show. You know, all those "thousands of pages of uncontested official government smoking gun documents" that he has that no one else does. If ABC decided not to use the material because they questioned it's veracity, wouldn't that in and of itself be enough to raise Dr. Greer's ire.

It's not that I question Dr. Greer's sincerity, I think he honestly believes what he says. It's just that I personally believe he overstates the "evidence" he has, and that he doesn't truly vet the claims of his witnesses.

Anyways, it's food for thought....

-Cypher

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Cypher has a definite point. Greer has really been "out there" to alot of people within the field. He has made some really B.S. statements expecially on the UFO special Larry King did, as I remember he said in reference to one question, I believe about what the president might know about UFOs, "I really cant comment on that", as if he really knew anything. I have had Greer and CSETI described to me as "very close to a UFO cult".

Here's a little excerpt from UFOwatchdog.com on him:
"Reportedly plagiarizes the UFO work of others and sells as his own, sells do-it-yourself ET contact kits - now you too can steer in extraterrestrial spacecraft with a flashlight and never record them just like Doc Greer does. Made claims of contacting extraterrestrials through meditation. Claimed that U.S. military forces attacked a Colorado ET base inside a mountain using nerve gas, no evidence to back claim. Had dinner with CIA Director and spun tale of having briefed CIA Director about ETs for hours. Hosted press conference with credible UFO witnesses on Capitol Hill - ruined it and his own credibility by selling the work of others with his name on it and using bogus witnesses. Attempted to charge Washington State MUFON members $2500.00 each to demonstrate how he can vector in UFOs - Greer got to choose the location and the time"

As far as I'm concerned he's one of the reasons we WONT get anywhere with disclosure of any kind.

top topics

join