It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Congress renew the Patriot Act provisions set to expire soon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is great! MSNBC has a poll up asking: Should Congress renew the Patriot Act provisions set to expire soon?

When I was there, the results were 80% said NO!

Too bad the media won't pull its head outta its a$$ and get on the peoples' side. If that happened, this administration would be doomed to a Nixonian crash and burn.

Checkit out:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Something's wrong w/it now. I can't get it to go back to "Take the Poll." All I'm getting is the results. Hmmmm.. maybe MSNBC's honchos don't like the results!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
This is great! MSNBC has a poll up asking: Should Congress renew the Patriot Act provisions set to expire soon?

When I was there, the results were 80% said NO!

Too bad the media won't pull its head outta its a$$ and get on the peoples' side. If that happened, this administration would be doomed to a Nixonian crash and burn.

Checkit out:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Something's wrong w/it now. I can't get it to go back to "Take the Poll." All I'm getting is the results. Hmmmm.. maybe MSNBC's honchos don't like the results!

Ahh, NO, NO, NO, NO, Hell No, NO way, but NO, KNOW, NOT EVEN, no

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
ONE whole reply, huh? Maybe this is why our government gets away with murder! No one ever says anything about what they're up to! (baaaah)

What the hell. I'm just talkin bout our CIVIL RIGHTS, that's all. It's not like its important like.. what's on TV tonight.

What was I thinking?!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I guess they stopped the poll right after I voted. The number is the same as it was this morning.

80% of respondents said congress should NOT renew the patriot act. Too bad. The Shrub's congress doesn't do what the people want. From what I hear, they're planning to beef the powers up even more. Black is white...

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just voted on this site and all seems to work.

Indeed, 80% of Americans are against this Patriot Act. I feel proud today.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Aelita]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well I guess it doesn't matter as long as the three main bodies want it, that is the "Homeland Security" the "FBI" and "Mr. Gonzales" we will have it, after all it benefits them.
That is why they are in these key positions. Right?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Huh. I'll be a ... glad to know. Thx.

It's nice to know. Too bad the media in general seems so ignorant of this fact.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well I guess it doesn't matter as long as the three main bodies want it, that is the "Homeland Security" the "FBI" and "Mr. Gonzales" we will have it, after all it benefits them.
That is why they are in these key positions. Right?

Yeah boy. Ya gotta love how they just do whatever the hell they wanna do, appoint folks who will make that happen and then when they're on camera, they just lie through their teeth. I wonder if they truly believe their Bu#, or if they ever stop and think.. "I wonder if anyone bought that?"

Let's hear it for Albert "torture is ok" Gonzales.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

You expect us to beleave a poll taken by MSNBC? Why thats Al Jazeera Lite.

Of course we should support the Patriot Act, its not bothering anyone in here is it? Have any of you lost rights?? Noooo, but If your name is Mohammed and your a visiting student and have never attended any classes you signed up for....yeah your gonna be checked out and with good reason!!!

Im sure we would have been hit again without this Patriot Act and God Bless Tom Ridge for the fine work he did.

Maximu§

[edit on 013030p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
You expect us to beleave a poll taken by MSNBC? Why thats Al Jazeera Lite.

That's a slander, you know.

Of course we should support the Patriot Act, its not bothering anyone in here is it? Have any of you lost rights??

This is a very fascist argument. Under the Nazi, you didn't have to worry about being sent to one of the wonderful recreation camps if you didn't do anything suspicious. Wait, they could still send you there.

Noooo, but If your name is Mohammed

Racial profiling, I wonder why they make a big deal of it on New Jersey Turnpike, but not elsewhere.

Im sure we would have been hit again with this Act and God Bless Tom Ridge for the fine work he did.

Stop the insanity. And don't rewrite the Consitution, that's like betraying our nation. The Act circuvenes the due process. Period.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Aelita]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What's not to believe? It's a POLL. A poll of 1000 adults. 80% of those polled said NO to it. If you don't wish to believe that, okydoky.

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Of course we should support the Patriot Act, its not bothering anyone in here is it? Have any of you lost rights?? Noooo, but If your name is Mohammed and your a visiting student and have never attended any classes you signed up for....yeah your gonna be checked out and with good reason!!!

Im sure we would have been hit again without this Patriot Act and God Bless Tom Ridge for the fine work he did.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Friday morning, 0645 on the east coast. I just voted, so the poll is working.

new topics

top topics

join