It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember John Titor???

page: 4

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I found the proof. It was on one of my old forums... anyway here it is...

Originally posted by Bummer from a old dg.com forum..

I heard something about that, Alas, Babylon, but it sure as hell doesn't comvince me it's all a hoax. by no means am I saying I believe it's all true, but the fact that his story shares some similarities to a book doesn't mean #. I mean come on ... how many sci-fi books have been written? what are the chances that one of them might not be far from the truth, especially if the author has any knowledge of human behavior? also, it just doesn't make sense to me ... Titor was obviously a reasonably intelligent guy ... so why come up with this elaborate hoax, including a great deal of physics, government structure, dates, events, and everything else he said, based on an idea from a book, and leave anything resembling this book?

I found this to be some interesting reading, too. most of the people seem think Titor's just a fake, but I think it gets a little more interesting as you get to the end.

Proof Here John Titon is a Hoax.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Thanks ThichHeaded
. I'm going to get a copy of Alas, Babylon to personally see the correlations and if it could have been plagiarized by Titor. Based on what I'm reading by others, I realize Titor's story does have several specific facts that mirror the book, but I wonder if it's enough proof that he's a hoax?

Someone here said 'Life immitates art'. Couldn't agree more. And I've witnessed a few writers who were quite predictive and prescient in their books and movie screenplays prior to the events occurring. Speaking of which, it's still uncanny to me how close Titor's predictions parallel those of the controversial Swiss guy, Billy Meier. I just found some more matches in Meier's Henoch Prophecies from 1987 (you can read part of it here): U.S. civil war(s) divide country into five territories, foreign policies of the U.S. degrade just after the new millenium, China attacks Europe after power moves made by EU, U.S. is destroyed in conflict with Russia, and some other interesting relationships. I would think it rather unlikely that Titor would have read and copied from Meier's German version of these prophecies, most of which also appeared in Meier's book Prophetien und Voraussagen back in 1981.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aurelius

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Thanks ThichHeaded
. I'm going to get a copy of Alas, Babylon to personally see the correlations and if it could have been plagiarized by Titor. Based on what I'm reading by others, I realize Titor's story does have several specific facts that mirror the book, but I wonder if it's enough proof that he's a hoax?

Someone here said 'Life immitates art'. Couldn't agree more. And I've witnessed a few writers who were quite predictive and prescient in their books and movie screenplays prior to the events occurring. Speaking of which, it's still uncanny to me how close Titor's predictions parallel those of the controversial Swiss guy, Billy Meier. I just found some more matches in Meier's Henoch Prophecies from 1987 (you can read part of it here): U.S. civil war(s) divide country into five territories, foreign policies of the U.S. degrade just after the new millenium, China attacks Europe after power moves made by EU, U.S. is destroyed in conflict with Russia, and some other interesting relationships. I would think it rather unlikely that Titor would have read and copied from Meier's German version of these prophecies, most of which also appeared in Meier's book Prophetien und Voraussagen back in 1981.

hey man dont feel to bad, I was ruped by him also I belived him till Bummer showed me this info. Here is a old post of mine that I put up there on my old forum.

Originally posted by ThichHeaded on his old forum @ Mon Dec 08 2003, 02:02PM
Well usually I dont start posts in general chat cause well.. its not my thing.... anyway here we go...

1st Time Travel... I dont care how pro you are... everyone things at 1 time or another what it would be like to travel back/foward in time.... well or at least i do... and i am sure others i know do... which brings me to this post here.....

Someone i know dropped me a site in my lap and just told me to read.... from then I have been reading this site... front to back.. about what it says and things like that.....

I will give you what this site is about... but I would like you to make your own disision... and then maybe post it here.....

I usually take this stuff up usually as maybe could be pehaps....

but this guy here is totally convincing.... cause the fact i am reading this 3 yrs after he made these post then see what he has gotten right is well.. "ODD"

anyway...
the guys name is.. John Titor he claims to be a time travler from 2036 and comes to not tell the future but helps is try and not make mess ups from his time i guess....

anyway he has proven a few things as i have read.. persay mad cow and such... anyway... he talks about the United States going onto a civil war... in the around the next electon..... anyway here is the link... you can debate for yourself whether is real or not... but i find this guy actually to be believable..... anyway... take a look.. then post ur comments....

this site here....

johntitor.com...

and then someone did a break down of things he said here...

pub66.ezboard.com...

its really convincing # here.. take a look and please post what you guys think.... considering this is off topic... other will contest it to be WAY off topic sorry about that.. but i want to see what peopel think....

[EDIT FOR THIS FORUM]

I was lazy and just copy pasted this from my post at cgtalk here.. so shoot me... anyway to see it go here...

I found this link to be dead so i deleted it

Now see in this post I did almost completely believe this guy. I was thinking back then something was odd with how we were dealing with things, I was kinda dissapointed he was fake.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i personaly think that the civil war is gunna start becuz someone is going to rig the U.S election and then the populus is going to find out, then riots will start, and in the U.S confusion russia see's its chance to strike and then bam..lol

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
One issue I have with John Titor's multiverse and his views on theology is that if every universe has possibilites and probablities existing simultaneously, If I am of one soul and I am judged by god by what all of them do, all of the good things I do in this life would essentially become marginalized and rendered inherintly neutral. For all of the good I do, another me in another universe is equally not good. Infinity is like zero in the respect that they are both even numbers. So by fractional division, when you divide an even number you will eventually get one. So if you average out all of the actions the you in the multiverse takes, they are averaged out to a collection of all of your actions in every multiverse hence rendering all actions nuetralized. In a spiritual sense many Christian Ethos religions purpote that spirits of those who led average unafecting lives rest in Purgatory.

So my good deeds will go dilluted and balanced out by all of the evil my other selves have done.

It kind of makes me upset or feel futile in leading a good wholesome life, which is what I enjoy doing.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Infinity isn't an even number, it is without end. If it were an even number, there would be an odd number that could come after it so it wouldn't be infinity.

Edit: I see your point though, anything averaged by infinity is zero, so good or bad, it all adds up to nothing.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

Originally posted by clearmind
a reg 767? i think not!!

It is called an engine. And you might just watch all videos of plane 2 to see that it's nothing freaky about it.

About John Titor. I don't buy it but I have a theory about time travel which would at least make it logical that time travellers have to be very careful about what they say and do.

Posted a while back in here, quoting myself:

The time changing ideas are very useless. Just think about it, when you change time you change your own destiny. Only a few changes and you were never born. So when you e.g. prevent the WW2 you are as a result very certain not born or somewhere else/other circumstances which then lead into that you won't change history because either the time machine won't be invented or you are not the person to use it. So no travel back into time is possible at all which makes it impossible for you to change the time at all.

To summarize it: when changing the PAST too much it sets itself back automatically as you are as a result never in the situation to change it. People fear time machines could be destructive but history is not only repeating but also self-correcting and unchangeable.

mabey u should study the titor theory before bashing it,, titor said he was from a different timline SIMILIAR to our own, he went on to even say he didnt care what happened to this "worldline" because it wasnt his own timeline,, now i dont know if i believe john or not but things are going in the direction he indicated and his story is IMPOSSIBLE to prove or disprove because of the timeline/worldline story.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousPoster4
Obvious fake for 2 very important reasons.

1. He never gave any specific deteails about the future.

2. The words he used, (his language) is that of today. There was no lingo from the future.

What I mean by this is, if you were to go back 32 years to 1964, you'd hear alot of words we don't hear anymore in 2004. And the people in 1964 would hear alot of words from you, they hardly, if ever, used in the way we use them today.

Thats his flaw....... he didn't account for constantly changing trends in our language.

For example, in the 70's, 'groovy' ment cool, then in the 80's 'rad' ment cool, then in the 90's 'dope' ment cool, so on, and so on. This happens with many, many words, with those words having multiple meanings. Like me saying now, 'man that car is pimp'. If i said that 32 years ago, or 32 years from now, no one would 'get it'.

The fact that he didn't use any 'lingo' from the future, says to me, that he's a fake.

u have a point but there is such a thing as proper use of the english language, did he use any lingo or did he use proper english structure?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I enjoyed reading the Titor archives; but they strike me as not being genuine but a narrative written by an anti-govt extremist who thinks the big cities are dens of evil & the rural life is paradise. I feel that these posts were written by him in an attempt to stir up the very discussion we're having about civil unrest now. They are so-called prophecies written in the hopes that they will be fulfilled.

I myself have lingering questions about 911 & believe that govt conspiracies do happen. But I think we are in greatest danger from some as-of-yet unknown, obscure radical group no one has heard of or would expect. The greatest danger is the wild card. And while I support free speech & read avidly all sorts of conspiracy websites, I think the rhetoric of Titor & other apocalyptic Extreme-NWO narratives is what's gonna drive some nut one day to do something really really stupid. We must apply critical thinking to everything we read!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok, I'll explain it to you guys

In the year 2000 This guy on a forum John Titor claimed to be a time traveler.

People were skeptic, but he made PREDICTIONS that NOONE WOULD EVER THINK COULD HAPPEN.

Because his predictions were so way out there, people said "omfg jebus, that sh1t would never happen"

But, to this date. Every prediction of Titor has been right on the mark.

The only thing left is the Civil War which should happen around 2005. This will probably have something to do with the upcoming draft (BUSH *said* there won't be a draft, but I *betchya* there will be some new terrorism soon that will be a nice reason to start one up. Just watch)

Once bush starts the draft, people will probably go "OMFG HE SAID HE WOULDN'T IN THE DEBATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now, If a Civil War happens (poor VS rich. people VS government) soon- then Titor was legit

Everyone in the thread long ago said "I don't believe you Titor, but if all your predictions come true, then you really are a time traveler"
I don't want to believe him. . . . but all his stuff IS COMING TRUE.... good thing I live in hawaii -.-

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have skimmed through Titor's writing a couple times and saw that he writes alot about the middle east and trouble over there. Well, I believe I heard a reporter telling George W at a press conference that Yassir Arafat had died today. If this is true, then the Palestinians have no successor to Arafat - if it's false, same case because he has been in and out of comas and is quite old. I think there will be massive violence and fights for power in Palestine. Not necessarily "civil" unrest but is very weird that this is happening so near the election and so close to the end of 2004..as Titor had said. I'm very much a skeptic but there is overwhelming coincidence in the events that have taken place recently.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
JT said that there would be a Waco style event each month leading up to the election (I believe so, anyways.)

Either way, as I stated before in diff' JT thread:
Maybe Waco style event means religious groups holding up inside a certain place, when the US Government (and other Governments, possibly) tear through them and waste alot of innocent heads along the way. Maybe it doesn't have to be on US soil.

The "insurgents" hold up in their "strongholds" could be similar to a Waco style event, we're already bombing Fallujah. If theres ANY innocents inside, bullets and bombs don't have names on them, so they kill indiscriminately.

Someone else replied: "That makes sense. I would definitely call the slaughtering of iraqi people, WACO style events. However, that has little impact on the US population, and I don't see how that could trigger a civil war. Most Americans don't even care what's happening in Iraq."

JT said this before: "I'm glad to see it's so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a "no arrmer" and a "no legger". "

It was easier for alot of Americans to ignore the war in the begining, or not care about it at all. But when Bush starts invading other countries, and if the drafts reinstated, then it wouldnt be too hard to imagine lot of Americans realizing they should've paid more attention sooner.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Weise]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Titor said there would be "Waco-type" events every month in 2004. There have been none and we only have one month left!

Anyway, based on this alone I think we can safely say Titor is a hoax.

Also I think if we ever do figure out how to time travel it won't be as soon as 2036.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Have any of you guys seen Dragon Ball Z ?

My friend who watched probably everyone of
the english versions noticed that the story
line from John Tators predictions and
postings and other things come quite simmilar
to alot of things in that particular program.

For example;
Trunks and John both come from the future and
just happen to stay with their parents whom
just so happen to have had their son, for the
few months they are here with us trying to
convince us to change to save the world from
a great threat. Fortunately for trunks
everyone on DBZ is much more understanding
and listens.

The great CJD or CDJ which he puts in some of
his posts. Mad Cow disease gets very common
and that is close to the heart disease that
Goku catches and almost dies from. Heart
Disease and Brain disease, both very vital
organs.

His name on some illeged irc convisations
just happens to be TimeTraveller_0 which is
simmilar to CapsuleCorp_1 on the DBZ time
machine that trunks uses.

Trunks has a request from his mum before he
leaves to use the time machine take it back
and reverse everything that has happened so
that nobody else has to suffer. Johns grandad
also had the same kind idea when he got his
computer which he spells incorrectly in
random posts from the IBM 5100 or the 5110
take your pick. His grandad requested him to
go back to this time (or forwards in his
grandads time of view) and to change it so he
did. Simmilar?

Oh and by the way if Johns time machine can
only travel 60 years backwards or forwards in
time then how can he go from 2036 to 1975 by
my calculations thats about 1 year out? and
John stated that the chance of getting to a
correct year where the IBM 5100/5110 existed
would be extremely slim. Kind of a little
flaw there to be honest.

Trunks is in the millitary just the same as
john and in Trunks's world everything was
destroyed by the andriods just like the
nucleur missiles.

There are alot of similarities to Dragon Ball
Z and its not me that likes it i dont midn it
but i got all this information from my
friend, he just playing game so i posted for
him.

There are some unexplained things that have
happend like the columbia explosion and the
9/11 crash. Im not sceptical that he doesnt
exist im just worried that if he is correct
thnden i better build a nucleur bunker fast :/

I find his theory on infinate ammount of universes
hard to belive because if there were an infinate
ammount in universes and he says that no two can
be the same, eventually there is going to be a
world line that is simmilar to an orriginal.

There are a few other things i have a problem
with but ill go into them tommorrow

I must admit some of his ideas are
interesting and i like his ideas on the Polar
ice caps melting and the sea not rising.
Ill post more of what i have tommorrow when i
get some sleep its about 05:00 and i havent
been sleep yet. Night

*Edited to fit on screen easier*
\Minator

[edit on 12-11-2004 by minator]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
If John Titor was born in 1989, and came here from his year 2036 in a time machine, then he would have been on Earth as a 2 year old, as well as, a 38 year old man in the year 2000.

That would not even fly in a good Hollywood movie.

John Titor's idea of a humble post-war America is interesting, and I believe we should ALL always be prepared for a disaster of any type.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If anything, John Titor proves the theory behind boredom.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm from the UK and I have reading content on John Titor for a little while now and I am still undecided on whether to consider his claims.

The way I see it is that a civil war in the US doesn't really seem likely. The fact is that in 'the west' the average civilian doesn't care enough to raise arms against an administration or other society groups. Also trying to unite various society groups (ethnic, religion, social standing etc) who often hold different views is something that seems unlikely.

In terms of Russia and nuclear assault on 'the west' seem quite unlikely. Yes the russians may still nuclear devices, if so are these the remnants of the cold war and probably faulty or degraded in state. The more pressing point is that you would really need a supersonic aircraft to mount an assault from the air or a battery relatively close to the target/s, both I believe are unavailable to the Russians. It's a country who cherish the dollar more than the rouble as their own economy is in such a state. Unless the likes of Roman Ambramovich and crew get together I can't see them rasing the funds to launch such a large scale assault, even in the next 10 years.

I could go on but I feel I have made a my contribution. When I look a Titor I try and examine things from a common sense perspective, as I'm not an expert in physics and IT. I try not to get blinded by the lights, or let myself be daunted by the magnitude of the prophecy. Just try and examine it from a social level.

I believe that there is something terrible waiting for us in the future although I don't know what it is, but things are definately not going to be rosy in the garden that we call Planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
there are probably thousands of people that casually mentioned every "prediction" mr. titor mentioned. i know this is a broken record but once again: anybody with a good knowledge of current events and recent history could tell people that there will be another war in the future, more "waco-style" events in the future, and anything else negative that could be conjured up by a imaginative mind. it is a law of probablity that all these events will happen. i guess there is nothing wrong with wanting to believe in something or someone so exotic though. hell, i wish every day that i'd grow another inch or two...wink wink

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
these high gas prices made me think of something. Remember how the "Time Travelor" John Titor said there would be a civil war in the year 2005. Well, I know the U.S. is spoiled but I live in oklahoma and we have normally had some of the lowest prices around and we are up to around a 2.25 average.

Just wondering if they keep going up, if this could start some type of revolution or "Civil War" ????

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Im not sure it will start a revolution but I think if the price of gasoline continues to rise we will began to see it effecting our economy more. My guess is it gets up around 5 bucks a gallon people will begin to step back I would think.

As far as Titor, it could ignite something if the prices continue to rise. Titor did emphasize getting a bicycle a few times. Maybe this is what he was alluding too.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

top topics

join