It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember John Titor???

page: 3

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
a reg 767? i think not!!

It is called an engine. And you might just watch all videos of plane 2 to see that it's nothing freaky about it.

About John Titor. I don't buy it but I have a theory about time travel which would at least make it logical that time travellers have to be very careful about what they say and do.

Posted a while back in here, quoting myself:

The time changing ideas are very useless. Just think about it, when you change time you change your own destiny. Only a few changes and you were never born. So when you e.g. prevent the WW2 you are as a result very certain not born or somewhere else/other circumstances which then lead into that you won't change history because either the time machine won't be invented or you are not the person to use it. So no travel back into time is possible at all which makes it impossible for you to change the time at all.

To summarize it: when changing the PAST too much it sets itself back automatically as you are as a result never in the situation to change it. People fear time machines could be destructive but history is not only repeating but also self-correcting and unchangeable.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you go back to past and kill yourself then you would still be alive because you would just kill yourself in another world line, dimension...
That would explain why in his story they don't give a damn about altering the worldine.

[Edited on 10-4-2004 by Megaquad]

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Now i'm not saying I believe in John Titor. All i'm doing is keeping an open mind and using some common sense. You know what I don't understand the reasons people think he's fake. For example, they would say oh showed to my professor and he said its impossible. How could a professor from this life time understand the technology from this life time understand the technology 20 or 30 years into the future. The other day one of my professor's was talking about how much technology has advanced since his lifetime. For example, in his lifetime he saw show where they were talking about cloning and how impossible it is to clone anything. Scientists with PHD's were truly laughing at the idea but look now isn't it possible to clone things. Again im not saying that I believe in him completely im just keeping an open mind instead of questioning the technology of the future. Technology is always evolving so we don't what we're going to discover in the future.

[

No, I think he was saying that there's always gullible sheep to be shorn. JT has been debunked countless times on this board and still there are people who will overlook all the lies and misinformation and yell "no, really! He was for real!"

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad
If you go back to past and kill yourself then you would still be alive because you would just kill yourself in another world line, dimension...
That would explain why in his story they don't give a damn about altering the worldine.

Nearly right. But it has nothing to do with Dimensions. It's a wicked thought now but try to understand what I would consider as being right:

Killing yourself back in time will result in a major collapse of time.
Why?

If you kill yourself back in time you won't be able in the future to go back in time and kill yourself as you are already dead. But something that doesnt exist sincethe past can't make it to the future to go back in time and kill itself. Wicked, or?

A single-string theory would mean the time would collapse as something happened that isn't logically possible.(only valid explaination: the single-string theory is invalid).

The dimension theory would work, but your murder would be without consequences for your own person as you just murder a copy of yours.

But I must admit I hate the dimension theory. It would mean there are even more morons around

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnotI

Originally posted by Sapphire

I think that for every bonefied skeptic convinced and trying to convince everyone else he was faking it, there are 10 more quietly watching , listening and waiting to see what will become of these "predictions".
I will.

Your right, without fairy tales life would be most boring

Exactly! Like the Fairy Tale that made me post this thread awhile back, before things really got started getting warm on the Political stage - that Fairy Tale about "events around the time of the 2004 elections" being the start of civil unrest or war in this country..I really wanted to get attention focused on that "Fairy Tale" before things got shaking. So some people might be paying attention if ANOTHER of his Fairy Tales ended up too close to the truth. That WMD warning still has me thinking and shaking my head you know...
At the least I'll just be layin back watching what's happening in Washington a bit more closely for now, but if you don't want to be bothered; well Titor did mention millions of people in the cities would'nt be aware of what was gong on for awhile. Maybe people like yourself who might not want to believe such a thing might happen. Nooo, not THIS President....

I could probably come up with a few dozen scenarios as well and half if not more would probably happen based on the common knowlege and scientific facts regarding our earth's changes, what country is most likely to nuke whom and when etc etc etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think that for every bonefied skeptic convinced and trying to convince everyone else he was faking it, there are 10 more quietly watching , listening and waiting to see what will become of these "predictions".
I will.

Your right, without fairy tales life would be most boring

Exactly! Like the Fairy Tale that made me post this thread awhile back, before things really got started getting warm on the Political stage - that Fairy Tale about "events around the time of the 2004 elections" being the start of civil unrest or war in this country..I really wanted to get attention focused on that "Fairy Tale" before things got shaking. So some people might be paying attention if ANOTHER of his Fairy Tales ended up too close to the truth. That WMD warning still has me thinking and shaking my head you know...
At the least I'll just be layin back watching what's happening in Washington a bit more closely for now, but if you don't want to be bothered; well Titor did mention millions of people in the cities would'nt be aware of what was gong on for awhile. Maybe people like yourself who might not want to believe such a thing might happen. Nooo, not THIS President....

I could probably come up with a few dozen scenarios as well and half if not more would probably happen based on the common knowlege and scientific facts regarding our earth's changes, what country is most likely to nuke whom and when etc etc etc.

Fair enough, but for right now, I'm only focusing on this ONE scenario.
I mean, looking at how many political issues are being brought to light recently, not to mention any number that haven't been yet, (whatever happened to ENRON? Martha Stewart wasn't even desert?) if I'm not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, there may be a candle down there....

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
well...as far as believing it...I'm not cutting out the possibility, but i'm not gonna take it too seriously either.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow does this link apply to a civil war prediction? Wars can be faught many ways its not nessasary for blood to be spilled for a state to Secede.

www.wnd.com...

what do you think?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
OK, first off, I believe that the John Titor story is most likely just a very elaborate, well-crafted and interesting hoax...

...However, there's (some) reason to believe that it might be true. If so, it would be pretty embarassing if we had all this information BEFORE the danger started and we didn't do anything about it.

So, assuming that JT is real and not a hoax (though this isn't my actual belief), I think it might be helpful if the collective minds of ATS put together a quick resource list concerning goods or equipment we might all need.

Here's what i'm looking for, and hope that people will provide links about:

-Information on types of medicines that can limit the effects of radiation after a nuclear exchange.
-Information on portable, high quality first aide kits
-Demographic information concerning communities that might be 'safe' during both the Civil and Nuclear wars
-Catalogues of regional resources or weather data
-Health and nutritional information that might make mobile living, sans supermarkets, doable
-recomendations concerning shotguns, personal protection devices, and other protective issues

Now, I'm NOT looking for things that people can do a quick google search on and post. I could easily have done quick searches and provided answers to every question I asked above. What I AM looking for (and think will help the ATS community) are personal recomendations, insights based on experience, and the sharing of expertise. If it turns out that JT is real and not just a hoaxer, even a few pieces of shared experience can go a long way.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Get a ''cheaper than dirt'' catologe they have great first aid kits, radiation detection units,Pro-KI tablets (pills that block absorption of radation into the body) water purification pumps and tablets, tents, ammo, MREs plus much more.

If you wanted to perpare for a future like that described by John Titor check out www.cheaperthandirt.com

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Here's my own contribution:

In the future world of JT, survivors are those who can remain light and mobile... and not rely on some sort of infrastructure.

I suggest that anyone who lives near a body of water/river consider buying a kayak, specifically a Wilderness System pungo 140:
www.wildernesssystems.com...

This was the first kayak type I ever bought and used. It is great for the inexperienced because it is pretty stable and has a hull that is thick and strong enough to ansorb most scrapes and collisions. Though a little heavier than most kayaks, it is still light enough to quickly 'port' onto shore. This model was designed for hunters, so it can manuever safely along even jagged shorelines.

Why use a kayak for transportation? Because:
1.They're fast by human-powered standards.
2.They're human powered to begin with... no oil or fuel needed.
3.They can actually carry a reasonable amount of cargo
4.They have low profiles and are nearly noiseless (in fact, with some experience, you ARE noiseless... i've snuck up on turkey vultures, deer, and even wild turkey numerous times).
5. They can travel along pretty much every water way. Kayaks only draw a few inches of draught.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hasn't this already been proven to be a hoax? Didn't he copy all his predictions and things from some sort of game?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If you want info on medicine or what to take in the event of a radiation disaster the following links contain some of that info.

www.twotigersonline.com...

www.ki4u.com...

It's interesting to read but I hope it's never necessary.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay
Hasn't this already been proven to be a hoax? Didn't he copy all his predictions and things from some sort of game?

There are a variety of threads on ATS that deal with the hoax issue. Indeed... I even believe that this was a very clever and artfully done hoax...

However the point of this thread is to discuss what could be done IF there are indications that his tale is true. I'm not asking for people to believe in his stuff, just to provide information that people could use if it turns out that he was for real.

So... I think it's assumed that everyone who replies to this thread will either believe in JT or be interested in his story for the sake of 'wargaming'. If it helps you... just think of this as a mental exercise in survival planning.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
I suggest that anyone who lives near a body of water/river consider buying a kayak ...

Why use a kayak for transportation? Because:
1.They're fast by human-powered standards.
2.They're human powered to begin with... no oil or fuel needed.
3.They can actually carry a reasonable amount of cargo
4.They have low profiles and are nearly noiseless (in fact, with some experience, you ARE noiseless... i've snuck up on turkey vultures, deer, and even wild turkey numerous times).
5. They can travel along pretty much every water way. Kayaks only draw a few inches of draught.

Very true. Although its been a few years since I've used a kayak, I have to admit they truly are everything onlyinmydreams says they are.
I used a sea kayak at one point, and went along the coast - so they arent just good on rivers.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Think rural.

Why? It is much easier to eat a squirrel than it is to eat a sidewalk. And any given large city is about 3 to 5 days away from total freak-out if it is isolated and its supply lines cut off.

rural.

Now, on the issue of holistic medicines, I had started this BTS thread which I am sorry to say hasn't gotten much input, but maybe more will contribute.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Have you ever read the Foxfire books? Most excellent source of larning how to live off the grid and with absolutely nothing but nature.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
But seriously, aggression in men is more explosive than is women, we are more emotionally, but we stopped and think, while males do not stop to think most of the time turning violent

I am already on pg 9 and to tell the truth I am not scientist but it makes no sense, and for the predictions well if by the year 2005 I don't see the beginnings of a civil war then he will be discredit, we all have visions of the future one way or another through dreams, so I live it to all of you imagination.

If I was younger, I would have been probably more incline to take him more seriously, but now, sorry I have seen to many hoax, and lies.

He could have been a great fiction writer I will give him that much credit, and this Archives will probably will have given him some income if he personally had them publish, I hope he will come out and try to get back some of the glory.

If he wanted attention he got it, I will finish the rest of the archives, they are interesting, I am looking for some references on this administration and the Iraqui war.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetlegend
No, I think he was saying that there's always gullible sheep to be shorn. JT has been debunked countless times on this board and still there are people who will overlook all the lies and misinformation and yell "no, really! He was for real!"

Can someone point me to one or more examples of a hands-down successful debunking of Titor that wouldn't leave me wondering if it could still be true? I have yet to see any that are truly bullet-proof and if there is a smoking gun, I'd love to see it. Thx.

kix

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Believers, are preparing for Titor predictions
Doubters, are debunking Titor and having a few laughs at the gullible sheep.

Me? Ill keep an open mind ...but man if I see civil unrest in the US.....whoa time to pack and go to live in the Chiapas Jungle....If that is the case I wont be attending the 2005 Macworld in San Francisco.....DARN !!!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I read up on this a long long long time ago. I found out he was ripping off a old book. I cant remember what is was at this time but here is one of his freinds. Pamela.

If you goto the bottom part of her post she mentions this to be indeed fake.

I need to refind all the info I had on this guy for I have formatted a zillion times since then.

www.anomalies.net...

anyway here you go. I truely believe this might actually be real. but then was let down that it wasnt.

new topics

top topics

join