It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most powerfull Nuclear Missile ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sorry, Double Post.

Shattered OUT....

[edit on 10-4-2005 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Suggestion for some of you guys intrested in some of this nuclear weapons stuff.

A book titled "The Secret that Exploded" by Howard Morland

This book went to court to prevent its publishing . It's topic is how hydrogen bombs are made. Very intresting about the dial a yeild feature of some of them. The bang can be adjustable.
I do however think this book was written before the advent of the new GPS/laser guidance devices. I suspect these systems are revamping the design and purpose of alot of our nuclear arsenel.
Also listed in this book is the number of close calls we have had in this country and the world with nuclear weapons. Particularly the b52 crash in South Carolina as I recall. It has been some time since I've read it.
The book is written by a anti nuclear activist. This does not invalidate the correctness of his information. Obviously the information has some merit since they took him to the supreme court to stop its publishing.
Just some info for your thoughts ...Thanks Orangetom

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Callisto

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The Tsar bomb was 57MT, the biggest ever nuke. After its blast they knew that if the cold war would become hot it would lead to the end of the planet.

I think this video explains why they stopped exploding that big bombs.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Waldy]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The benefit of smaller Kt warheads is than you can have greater than desired destructive effect over a multi-Megaton warhead by daisychaining them and increase the overall survivability, single bigger warhead doesn't get through then the target survives

Most nuclear warheads are targetted at Silos and Military bases and small warheads
serve the job better

Also 3 or 4 smaller warheads can destroy a narrow but long stretch of coastal metropolitan area more effectively than a single large radiused blast.

However in this day and age of 'Wars onTerror' think if the US or Russia was going to tackle a rouge nation, Tzar Bomba would be perfect as a show of strength and total psychological devastation of the enemy. Some population centres in India would probably require 100MT to kill 75-90% of the people there.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
but for everyone to be aware of, most of the nuclear warheads in both Arsenals of the US and Russia, are small briefcase size warheads, not even 1MT. They were made for fast and easy delivery into enemy territory, not built to take out large cities, but take out like powerplants, or hit their soft spots. And also they would fit on cruise missiles and naval delivery systems. Silo warheads are much bigger and more devastating, those are the ones used to wipe out large areas and such.

Shattered OUT...

Got any info on suitcase nukes ? I've heard of them but thought it was only a rumor or still a very closely guarded state secret. So what spies or spec ops teams smuggle and plant them behind enemy lines ? Suicide device or hopefully a timer ?

edit: Also it's public knowledge nuclear capable tomahawks were recalled from the fleet under President Bush 41's orders, but they remain on stand-by, and given a change in world circumstances, could be easily refitted to our SSN arsenal.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Schaden]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The most powerful ICBM so far is SS-18 "Satan", 10x0.8 Mt or 1x25 Mt. Actually, the payload can be extended to unbelievable 38x 250 Kt, 24x 500 Kt, or 15-17x 1 Mt yield. Today this payload is used for 40 heavy decoys. The yield of Fat Boy, bomb dropped on Hiroshima, was 20 Kt.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"The Most Powerful Nuclear Weapon" is the one (collectively hopefully) that you dont have to detonate.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Actually the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was "Little Boy".
Larger and more powerful nuclear device, later referred as "Fat Man", was detonated 2 days after Hiroshima over the city of Nagasaki.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join