It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: The Terri Schiavo memo author found....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Republican Sen. Mel Martinez has admitted that this controversial memo was written by his own aide. Apparently, he then passed it on to Democrat Sen. Tom Harkin by mistake without reading it himself.

www.signonsandiego.com
"Martinez, in his statement, said Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, had asked for background information on the bill ordering a federal court to review the Schiavo case.

He said he pulled a one-page document from his coat pocket and handed to Harkin. "Unbeknownst to me ... I had given him a copy of the now infamous memo."

He said Harkin had called him earlier Wednesday to say he believes the memo had been given to him by Martinez. The Florida senator said he then ordered an internal investigation in his office. "

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Seems like it was an honest mistake by Sen. Martinez, I mean, I doubt if he would have knowingly given the memo to a democrat, would he.
Sen. Martinez seems to be a topic of it's own, and well, I'd like to post this link for your review as a side issue.....

Mel Martinez internet hotseat...

www.whereisthemoney.org...

[edit on 7-4-2005 by dawnstar]

[edit on 7-4-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow...
that is a testiment to how low down and sneaky our politicians have gotten.
the link on Mel was enlightening also..

I was wondering where all this "liberals want to kill Terry" talk was coming from...
now I see that it was a political ploy of the republican party. (not that the democrats wouldn't have done it, if they would have thought of it first)

it is just sad that ANY politician would use a suffering human life as a political stage. Terrys situation should have been between the family and whatever lawyers they could afford. I personally wanted to see the parents get awarded guardian rights, but alas, the "damned liberals won" and killed her... (i am being sarcastic, the libs didn't do a thing to her).

Pretty funny how politicians are still stupid enough to get caught once in awhile... and by a member of the other party... WHOA...
doesn't matter... all politicians are cheaper by the dozen...

new topics

join