It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renewable Oil ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I recently heard that some scientists have found a way to turn plastics and other petrochemical products back into oil. If this is the case, does it mean that in the future Oil may be seen as a renewable source of energy ? What are your thoughts ?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Any links to news articles or other sources?

That would probably help you get the ball rolling on this subject.

X

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You mean recycling, like cans and newspapers but with plastics?, well I will like to read on that if you have a link.

I will search and see what I come out with.

Well I found this information on Renewable oil but is not from plastics.

Biodiesel production from seed crops promotes sustainablility for one of our nation's greatest renewable resources - agriculture," he said.

His company is studying which type of canola grows best in Yakima Valley and is looking into the possibility of building a local production facility to extract oil from the seeds.

Like its better-known corn-based cousin, ethanol, biodiesel is a mix of vegetable oil and fossil fuels used to power cars and trucks.

www.registerguard.com...

[edit on 7-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
biodiesel is fine for me .. i just had a deal with the indian restaurant next door, he'll put some buckets aside for me (if of course i continue buyin some of his delicious pakoras
) Didn't know about grape seeds oil though , thanks for the link

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
People seem to be missing the point that the problem with excessive oil consumption is not that the oil will eventually run out. The environmental impact of burning so much oil should be our primary concern. Given that the exhaustion of our fossil fuel resources is imminent, we should be concentrating on finding clean, renewable sources of energy rather than ways of synthesising the oil which is destroying the ozone layer.

As for my opinion on this particular method, not nearly enough people recycle enough plastic to sustain oil production by such means for very long. If governments should choose to take up this ill advised scheme for producing oil, recycling will have to be made compulsory. And that seems highly unlikely.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
www.mindfully.org...

This is the link that explains a bit more about the "Renewable Oil"

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
www.nrcce.wvu.edu...

Try this Link

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I know there were plans in place, to start mixing old oil with some other products (unsure what exactly? chicken dung???) to create a usable oil for market.
The plant was built back in the 90's but never really got off the ground and running due to money issues and shadey deals. I do not know however, IF this process they planned was ever viable. The plant was built and operated for a while nontheless.
Green River Utah..... the very same place rumored to be houseing some of the area 51 'goodies'........hmmmmmm subversion maybe? ~MAYBE~ a genuine source of renewable oil? If so...WHY was it abandoned????

[edit on 9-4-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by siddharthsma
I recently heard that some scientists have found a way to turn plastics and other petrochemical products back into oil. If this is the case, does it mean that in the future Oil may be seen as a renewable source of energy ? What are your thoughts ?
Yes in due time this will eventually become our source of fuel mostly diesel i believe, but the quality is going to match Europes which supposely burns cleaner than natural gas... this also might prevent wars because countries will be able to produce reuse their own waste product.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wish I still had the link, but back in 2003 Shell payed a large sum of money to a man who found a way to make oil out of garbage/the natural process by which oil is made, but at an amazingly fast rate.

It made him millions, but the whole process, etc, has vanished offline. I'll keep looking for anything on it, but I can no longer find it. It might be what you've heard about.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Odium i think that you perhaps were talking about TDT-3R which was the ability to get liquid gas from tires? well here is an interesting process that is now gaining some ground...basically it gets oil from buring rubish...
www.terrenum.net...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by siddharthsma

www.worldnetdaily.com... this is the proof to what i was talking about

www.oralchelation.com... (i only read the beginning) Middle East oil has doubled, increased 72% globally in 20 years - sure it takes some time to reproduce but not millions or billions of years as originally thought why won't ppl believe this?

top topics

join