It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Store: What Is This? What Should I Get?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was checking out the member store and saw all this cool stuff. What is it?

I really like the Secret forum access. It's sounds cool. But what is that & 1 month? 1 month of what? Does that mean you get Secret forum access for only 1 month? Or do you get a lifetime pass in the secret forum and 1 month of something else.

Also, what is all the other stuff? Which one's should I get. I found a store and there's nobody behind the register selling me anything.

I did a search but couldn't find anything...and went through picking posts to see if they had anything about it. Anyone have a link? Thanks.
=================================

Custom Title, first line 500
Custom Title, second line 750
Turn off censors 1000
Add 100 to U2U quota 250
Secret forum access & 1 month 5000
Custom mini-profile background color 250
Custom mini-profile text color 150
Custom mini-profile background image 2500
Increase upload quota by 10k 100
Turn on low-bandwidth mode. 50

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

JAK

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hey Lord Altmis,

Custom Title, first line 500
Custom Title, second line 750
- These are mini-profile titles of the members choosing. Viewable just beneath the members name I only have the first line:"DisInfo Boy"

Turn off censors 1000 - *Grins* Allows for the enjoyment of the more colourful language some members might use.

Add 100 to U2U quota 250 - U2U's (private messages from members to each other) have a habit of breeding exponentially while in captivity. Living space for the little creatures is purchased here.

Secret forum access & 1 month 5000 - Allows for access to the RATS forum via an initial outlay and then small monthly subscription

Custom mini-profile background color 250 - You can see my mini profile background is black and my avatar blends seemlessly with it. Here you can enter the hex code to whatever colour you wish.

Custom mini-profile text color 150 - If you look at mine again, you will see the text is red. 990000 Again, a customisable option for members preference.

Custom mini-profile background image 2500 - This can be used instead of the mini-profile coloour mentioned above, it will overlay any colour chosen.

Increase upload quota by 10k 100 - The allocated member upload space where members can upload JPG, GIF, TXT, and PDF files for use on ATS/BTS. Initially set at 100 kilobytes.

Turn on low-bandwidth mode. 50 - Removes members avatars if desired, reduces required bandwidth handy for dial up or just a preference.

Hope that helps some.

Jack

[edit on 7/4/05 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There's a one off (5000 points) fee to register on the RATS forum, and you renew your subscription each month at a cost of 250 points. Im pretty sure that is correct, and I hope it helps.

Personally, I reckon they should sell pairs of specs that allow you to see if someone is a reptile alien from outer space, like on They Live.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Paul]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
how long does turn off the censors button last? Ive used that before and it never seems to work.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Wait until everybody else bids, then bid a dollar.

Also, I wouldn't trust that Bob Barker fella. He's a shifty one.

JAK

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
how long does turn off the censors button last? Ive used that before and it never seems to work.

I have only paid for it the once some time ago and it seems to have stayed as far as I know...

I had a shocking reminder on one thread quite recently!

Jack

[edit on 7/4/05 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I personally only use the background color , title , avatar and extra mail quotas and of course the rats access . they are all good little tweaks that make things a little more personal to you and your experience here.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hey thanks for all the great responses on this.

I think I know what I'll do know.

I don't think I'll join the R.A.T.S. because it will take all my points and require 250x12= 3,000 annually. Or in 10 years, that's 30,000!

That's a cool system though, points and prizes and a store. Whoever thought of that was an evil genius.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The RATS access is a waste of your points. I wouldn't bother.

Instead, buy access to the DeltaNine's Sexy Portraits Forum. It's much better, and cheaper. Much like myself.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Anyone know the maximum number of characters allowed in the custom title, first line (or second)?

[edit on 4/7/2005 by Hyperen]

[edit on 4/7/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It looks like 20. After that it wraps around to the next line. "Sir Amorymeltzer of Pixyland ." That's how some people have three lines and such. If I were fair, I'd wrap it around to match up, but, I'm not.

[edit on 4/7/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

new topics

top topics

join