It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33rd Degree Freemason Initiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is a very good article if you haven't read it. It's about a Freemason who recieves a letter inviting him to become a 33rd Degree Freemason and the details on what happened. I don't know if there are any 33rd Degree Freemasons here that can vouch for the authenticity. Either way it's an interesting read.

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

=========================

A few highlights of the article:

"In order to receive the 33rd Degree it was necessary to go to Washington. D.C. The initiation and related functions were to last three days."

"I flew into Washington National Airport and took a taxi to the House of the Temple on Northwest 16th Street. Upon arriving at the Temple I was met by a receptionist who asked if I were there to receive the 33rd Degree. I was surprised to find a women in those sacred Masonic precincts, but said that I was and showed her my letter from the Supreme Council. She then told me that in order to receive the degree, I would be expected to make a "minimum donation" of a very large amount of money (at least it was a "very large" amount for me)."

"There were some extremely prominent men there that day, including a Scandinavian King, two former presidents of the United States, an internationally prominent evangelist, two other internationally prominent clergymen, and a very high official of the federal government, the one who actually presented me with the certificate of the 33rd Degree. Some made only brief appearances; others stayed much longer. However, they didn't do much mixing or socializing with us, except for those whom they already knew. Even though these celebrities weren't extremely "brotherly," it was still quite an experience for me just to be associated with them."

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This article is taken from the book 'The Deadly Deception' by Jim Shaw. Many details in the book, including the fact that he claims to have been made a 33rd degree mason, are entirely untrue and in fact never happened.

The only deception Jim Shaw is involved in is the one foisted on his readers.

It's a shame a number of sites (such as one you garnered this from) continue to publish such things as it just confuses the water for genuine truthseekers.

PS - there have been several threads on this already.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
That sucks. It was a cool article. Thanks for pointing that out. Well, I guess we'll never really know then.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis
That sucks. It was a cool article. Thanks for pointing that out. Well, I guess we'll never really know then.

To have been a minister, Shaw stretched the truth a bit at times and outright lied others. For an interesting read on the subject see:

www.srmason-sj.org...

Regards,

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here's a post that may shed more light on the Jim Shaw subject. Note the excellent link at the bottom...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/7/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just to note, this has been covered, even using the exact same source link. Everyone would probably want to go there and review that thread. But then continue the converstation here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Besides, the avatar of the thread starter is worth it alone! mwa ha

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

join