It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spaceship Moon Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: fulham2014

It's impossible to debunk something that's true.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Yes brother, but the why then question is utterly ignored, no one talks about it, the whole people who are in this UFO, Moon anomalies thing should be pushing this point. Agree??
edit on 19-3-2015 by fulham2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2015 by fulham2014 because: wrong typo

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The Moon a spaceship , look how old this thread is

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonrider
I have read some of these theories. I especially like the ones that specify moons with a large crater as being an "inflation nipple" or something similar.

I hate to say it, but if ANY moons were hollow to a significant amount (I am NOT going to say that there are not some hollow chambers/caves/cavities of some description in these bodies however, but no statistically significant fraction of a body) was indeed hollow, it would adversely affect the known observed densities (derived from orbital calculations) of these bodies.

These densities have already been calculated, and none of them are unjustifiably low.

Also, we are missing an internal support structure in the event that any siginifcant volume of such a body was missing. Therefore, these bodies would not be able to maintain thier structural integrity given the tidal forces imposed by orbiting a larger planet.

Depends on what the structure is made of and the percentage of missing mass.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neoslayer

Can't get links to work?

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

haha, look at my post, the books are from 76 and 79, they sound on the spot to me, still largely ignored, question is: WHY?

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: fulham2014
Has anyone debunked this yet?

Check out this chapter in my 1982 book "UFOs and Outer Space Mysteries":

www.jamesoberg.com...

Wilson's book reminds me of recent zombie movies. Sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

haha, look at my post, the books are from 76 and 79, they sound on the spot to me, still largely ignored, question is: WHY?

So why do they sound spot on

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Might I suggest that most folks checked them out and realized they were trash?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

Might I suggest that most folks checked them out and realized they were trash?

That would certainly be the most logical conclusion.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think our moon is unique in the fact that the direction it rotates on its axis. It is the only moon in our solar system that rotates in that direction and for the speed at which it does it only shows one side as it revolves around the Earth. That's plain weird. all the stuff that just by chance happened. If the Earth was smaller we would have less gravity if bigger we would have more. The sun comes up and goes down about the same time we get tired. Just the right amount of oxygen and nitrogen to breath and not ignite at the first spark.. If the Earth was bigger a maniac ruler could go unchecked longer, in other words we could still be fighting world war 2. if gravity did not adversely affect us.
edit on 23-3-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: mistake

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonymous ATS
Is it not strange that the moon is always facing us?

It's unusual, but not the most unusual thing a moon does in the solar system. There are plenty of moons out there just as strange as ours, making it maybe not so strange. It just happened that the molten core of the Moon, when it was still hot, was pulled by the gravity of the Earth toward it, making our Moon kind of lop-sided inside. That's why the mares (dark "seas" on the Moon) are all pretty much on the side facing us. The far side is almost all craters.

Not to mention the fact that it perfectly blocks the sun during an eclipse? Perhaps this was intentional and used to influence and control prehistoric civilizations....

But it's not exactly perfect, is it? There's still a bit of the Sun that shines around the outside. Why only engineer it to that degree? Also, we've measured the Moon and it's slowly getting farther away from Earth, which means that at some time in the past it covered up a lot more of the Sun, and in the future it will cover a lot less. Again, pretty poor planning on the the part of the builders.

edit on 23-3-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
I think our moon is unique in the fact that the direction it rotates on its axis. It is the only moon in our solar system that rotates in that direction and for the speed at which it does it only shows one side as it revolves around the Earth. .

Really all below tidally locked to the planet they orbit.

Locked to the Earth

Moon

Locked to Mars

Phobos
Deimos

Locked to Jupiter

Metis
Adrastea
Amalthea
Thebe
Io
Europa
Ganymede
Callisto

Locked to Saturn

Pan
Atlas
Prometheus
Pandora
Epimetheus
Janus
Mimas
Enceladus
Telesto
Tethys
Calypso
Dione
Rhea
Titan
Iapetus

Locked to Uranus

Miranda
Ariel
Umbriel
Titania
Oberon

Locked to Neptune

Proteus
Triton

Locked to Pluto

Charon (Pluto is itself locked to Charon)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
I think our moon is unique in the fact that the direction it rotates on its axis. It is the only moon in our solar system that rotates in that direction and for the speed at which it does it only shows one side as it revolves around the Earth. That's plain weird. all the stuff that just by chance happened. If the Earth was smaller we would have less gravity if bigger we would have more. The sun comes up and goes down about the same time we get tired. Just the right amount of oxygen and nitrogen to breath and not ignite at the first spark.. If the Earth was bigger a maniac ruler could go unchecked longer, in other words we could still be fighting world war 2. if gravity did not adversely affect us.

Somebody's got to tell you this in a compassionate, concerned tone, to get your attention.

It's weird that you think the moon's rotation direction [eastwards when viewed from north] is weird because practically every other planet and moon and a lot of asteroids rotate the same way [Neptune and Venus are the weirdos].

It's weird that you think that gravitational lock is weird when EVERY close-in moon in the solar system -- ours, Mars, Jupiter,
Saturn, etc.. as well as Mercury the planet relative to the Sun -- is in tidal lock, usually 1:1 but in Mercury's case 3:2, but still locked.

"That's plain weird. all the stuff that just by chance happened. " None of this "just by chance happened", it's how semi-plastic objects in a differential gravity field will ALWAYS wind up.

Heck, we even place artificial satellites into gravity-locked orientations to save control thruster gas. Tethered satellite system,s naturally assume gravity lock in a few days after deployment.

Please read more widely and think about it more assiduously. We'll be here to help.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join