It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird experiance while using binaural beats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have been trying to astral project for some time now with no success. I live in a very noisy place and find it hard not to be distracted, so i am now trying binaural beats to acheive a trance state. A couple of days ago while using this technique my mind was starting to drift off and all the sudden it was like I was jolted back. I felt very heavy and numb. My heart was also beating like crazy. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this or know what happened.

J_3

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am in no way an expert in the area, but have been interest in both AP and binural beats for sometime. Your reaction sounds common to the nature of each. The feeling of numbness is, I understand, a prominent step in AP followed by vibrations, then your mind drifting into AP. I am guessing that your body was doing what you were hoping it would, your focus was broken just enough to pull you back into your body. You body was in a sleep state though, to explain the numbness and heavy feeling.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Oh I get alot of binaural beats from the bass cranked way up loud in one of the upstairs apartments.
Sorry for the rant but I'm a little angry right now.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
^ Yeesh, I feel tha viibe!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sephiroth
My heart was also beating like crazy. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this or know what happened.

yeah i felt that yesterday too , i had too lay down on a cold floor to cool that down.. was it around the sunset ? crazy heart beats too , no kidding. GMT -5..? hope its not haarp that tripped my magnetic field again..

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What kind of binaurals are you using? Hemi-sync?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki

Originally posted by sephiroth
My heart was also beating like crazy. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this or know what happened.

yeah i felt that yesterday too , i had too lay down on a cold floor to cool that down.. was it around the sunset ? crazy heart beats too , no kidding. GMT -5..? hope its not haarp that tripped my magnetic field again..

Interesting, same thing happened to my daughter, at near sunset (about 6pm EST or so)

A Note on AP, expect to experienced the "pull back" symptom until you are heavily practiced in this stuff. Also expect "hallucinations" such as being slapped in the face, or something being thrown at your face, or "entities" in the room with you (what appears that you are awake seeing these things but your eyes are actually closed). This is all very normal. You are likely to pass into REM sleep state while meditating/astral projecting, which is the source of the hallucinations.

AP takes a long time to really accomplish well, especially if your environment, diet and physical well-being are not all tuned and ready. Import steps to take are "ritual", do the same exact things before every attempt at AP, just like getting to sleep correctly requires a "ritual" to really tell the body "its time to shut down". If you want you can use mystical rituals, or you can make up your own (light some candles, play a certain calming music (or white noise), get one of the subliminal AP tapes.
Candles can however have the unwanted side effect of worrying about burning down the house.

Its all very much something you must train at, don't be discouraged by what seems like failure, anything you want to be good at requires some falling down and getting up.

Also don't take what happens in your Astral Travels too seriously, as much of it is metaphorical, and many times the "reality" of what you experience is not directly applicable to the present. Keep a journal of your attempts,success,failure,and experiences. Re-read the whole thing every couple of weeks or months and you will find that a trip three months ago, revealed answers to something happening in your life in the present.

Also you can attempt to project, anywhere, even standing up. Got five minutes? Project!

[edit on 7-4-2005 by Legalizer]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Interesting, same thing happened to my daughter, at near sunset (about 6pm EST or so)

really? i just talked to my ex girlfriend and same shiite same time .. humm

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Guys, you could confer with lenina. Her thread is all about oobe speed bumps. (I sometims get relaxed, then it feels like I fall and get shaken some times)

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I use Hemi-Sync alot in Remote Viewing (binural beat) And i have found an interesting by-product about it. I used to use hemi sync as a cool down before RV and as time went on i just left it looping and went about my RV while it played in the background, it filtered out unwanted noise while i was gathering and processing all this information i was recieving. But now after using it for so long all i have to do is put on the hemi sync and my mind knows exactly what i want to do like "Pavlovs Dog" and just like that i am at the gathering stage in a blink. so i do feel it is a great tool to use for AP or RV.

I have also expeienced the "jolt or crack" you mentioned, and i have the feeling it was probably you snaping back to your body unexpectedly. This type of thing happens alot in the early phases of a persons explorations into this new area. Dont be affraid of this and when this does happen just continue what you were doing and you should get right back to the stage you were at before.

Parker

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I've never heard of using binaural beats for AP. Does anyone have any links? Particularly links with downloads of sound files?

Anyway, it's been a long time since I've tried AP, but I, too, remember feeling that jolt the first time I was successful. To say the least, it scared me. I wasn't comfortable with losing control of my body, and still am somewhat uncomfortable with the thought. I know that if I didn't freak out over losing control of my body, it would have been a very different experience.

Actually, it wasn't really a jolt. More accurately, once I felt myself floating out of my body, and I freaked out and scrambled back into it. At that moment, I felt my body drop. Thankfully, I was in a soft bed when this happened, but I don't really know if my body really floated as well. This may well have simply been a trick of perception.

I think it's important that you realize that you need to protect yourself. There are many malicious spirits out there that would love to use your body for their purposes. Unfortunately, I don't really know of any techniques to do this.

[edit on 4/8/2005 by supercheetah]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by labasta
What kind of binaurals are you using? Hemi-sync?

I was using Brainwaver Generator with the deep meditation preset.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hey sephiroth, is your first name tenji?

top topics

join