It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDE's - the best "proof" of what's out there??? Also JESUS - Christians what do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am on a search for "truth" as all we are. I have not made up my mind yet (and maybe never will), but it seems to me right now that most people are looking for "proof" of what is waiting for us after we die (leave out of our current bodies). I used to be a diehard Christian growing up because that is what I was told to believe. However as I got older and read a lot of the New Testament I found a lot of truth's in it, like good morals to live by, but I also on the other hand, had a hard time with the "different" accounts of the reserection in the 4 gospels (as well as some other things). So I started to question things like "How do we KNOW Jesus was the Son of God"? Other the the bible itself, what other unrelated text's of history say he did the miricles he did? I am not saying he was "not" the son of God, I am saying how do I KNOW he was and that I can be saved from my sins by his death? I feel he was someone very special and would like to believe he WAS the son of God and that I can be saved by him, but what proof is there really? This has lead me to reading about Near Death Expirences and what people say they expirenced. It seems they, for the most part, expirence/see things according to the beliefs they held here on the Earth plane. The one thing they all have in common though is that they expirence that LOVE is the most important thing we all need to do as in love everyone as we are all brothers and sisters, and that our beliefs/religions here do not matter as long as we loved and tried our best to do well for others. NDE's that were Christian say they talked to or saw Jesus but those that were not christians saw "light beings of love" or entity's of that nature or beings according to their religion, beliefs, etc.. All NDE's had expirenced alot of things that were alike no matter what religion/beliefs they held - so is that good proof of what is really out there when we die here on Earth? I'd really like to believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God and will forgive me for my sins or that God himself will forgive me...but what REAL proof do i have of this? i am not starting this thread to start any arguments, I am really sincere in that I am looking for the truth in all this. I am not saying Jesus was "not" the son of God, I am saying "how do I know for sure"? i DO believe in a one creating force God/Holy Spirit of Love but i am stuck on the Jesus question? Any help?

[edit on 6-4-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well since none of us were around when the bible was written, or any other part of history for that matter, there is only one thing I can tell you that I strongly belive. The story of Medjugorije. Please read everything on this sight and do it with an open mind. If not for it I too might be in your predicament right now. I hope you enjoy reading it.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Croat, I like the message i read on the website you sent as I a long with other's feel the same way about the world as the "vision" on that website are talking about. However that site gives things to "do" at the bottom and are very Catholic undertoned. Is Mary saying that the Catholic church is the religion that holds the truth? I would have to doubt that as the Catholic church has made a lot of their own rules that are not even in the bible, like the rosary and confession to a priest (I am pretty sure niether of those are in the bible or am i wrong on that?), both those 2 things are mentioned at the bottom of the site you gave me as "things to do". Those kids that have the visions are obviously of the Catholic church faith when you read that site. As my post above states, are they "seeing" something that appears to them according to their beliefs/religion like NDE's do? During the visions at Fatima which is not the site you gave me but was of 3 children and quite simular, it was also said that other people saw bright lights in the skies at that time but they did not see Mary like the children did? The message is all good but are people seeing things appear to them according to what they believe? There are other's of other faith's/religions who have had "visions" with messages that are simular to the website you sent, but they saw the figures related to their beliefs, not Mary like the children on the site you sent are seeing. Again the message is all good and i agree with it but it all still leaves questions...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow you type alot
. I do not think that Mary ever said which religion is right. It seems most of the visions are by catholics though. There was a report of her appearing to muslims in Egypt. The 6 kids during the 90's were hooked up to every possible machine to try and prove that they werent seeing anything. They would put it on them when they went into a transe. The tests concluded that all 6 were seeing something and not lieing.

In reguard to questions. There will always be questions. When it comes right down to it you have to have faith.

like the rosary and confession to a priest

Im not sure if theyre in the bible but, the Rosary is a good way of praying. All the hail marys and our fathers should gets Gods attention
In Confession we confess to a priest and God our sins and then we and the priest ask for Gods forgiveness. Not sure if its in the bible, but it does help alot.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have been reading the Bible more and in more depth and I am now seeing how a lot of the sayings of the New Testament are actually true in what has happened in my life and my expirences. I feel that Jesus was the Son of God and that through him is the way back to God. I just pray that I am forgiven for my apostacy or near apostacy as different people seem to have different views on what exactly Hebrews 6 says...

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
I have been reading the Bible more and in more depth and I am now seeing how a lot of the sayings of the New Testament are actually true in what has happened in my life and my expirences. I feel that Jesus was the Son of God and that through him is the way back to God. I just pray that I am forgiven for my apostacy or near apostacy as different people seem to have different views on what exactly Hebrews 6 says...

Well good for you Greg. Its a good book. Im sure God will forgive you. You could always go to confession though

new topics

top topics

join