It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"ROSWELL INCIDENT"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Quote from bottom of page

"It is recommended that this document serve as the final Air Force report related to the Roswell matter, for the GAO, or any other inquiries."

It is a huge document, I havn't read all the way through it, but decided it was worth posting. It mostly refurs to
"Project Mogul balloon device", and strongly hints at a cover up of some sort. It also goes on about how Robert Todd "doggedly obtained from the Air Force, through the FOIA, a large amount of material pertaining to it; long before the AAZD researchers independently seized on the same possibility."

Also mentioned in the site is "WHAT THE ROSWELL INCIDENT WAS NOT".

After all these years if aliens had in fact crashed, it is entirely possible it would have been leaked. After all, our nations are having trouble keeping nuclear secrets safe, one can only imagine how hard it would be to maintain a secret of aliens crashing.
This is about the best proof I can find to prove the crash as a hoax.

Link

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well,

The biggest thing that points to Roswell being real is the press release the Army Air Force itself made, wherein they claim to have 'captured a flying disc' of 'unknown origin.'

Think about that. This was THE military saying that... not some random dude. It also wasn't just Jesse Marcell on his own.... as that press release was aproved by the base commander and other staffers at Roswell Army Air Field. Now, is it even plausible that experienced military officers would claim to have a disc if they really weren't positive?

A lot of people forget that what makes the Roswell case special is that it was the military itself that told the world about it. It didn't start of as something that was 'pieced together.'

Yes, I'd agree that stories about 'bodies' being recovered have less veracity than the stuff that just deals with a crashed vehicle and debris field... But that does not discount the notion that the Roswell craft was an un-crewed probe of some sort.

Also, a lot of research has been done in regards to using computers to read the telegraph General ramey is holding in one of the 'day after' debunking scenes. Though each analysis is a little different, they all point to something more than a balloon.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I would be more than open to see any representation of this side of the story. Is there any existing proof of this release of info from the Army? Field report, copy of an interview, new paper article with sources? I feel that if these types of cases are to be cracked open and left open for good, some form of proof must be seen to have no doubts. But alas that is the problem after all isn't it.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well,
The most famous front page concerning this incident is the one from the July 8th 1947 Roswell Daily Record... though this story was also carried in papers across the world. When I have more time I'll find a link to it...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
here is one source:
www.tje.net...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
And another with the actual article:
www.humanunderground.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by Seekerof]

[Edited on 21-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Found these:

Roswell Timeline:
www.angelfire.com...

William "Mack" Brazel article:
www.scifi.com...

The Witness list:
www.roswellfiles.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nice reaction reflex, perhaps there is hope for this conspiracy after all.

ID

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
ADVISOR you said in your original post that if it were a hoax then it would have leaked. The fact that anyone believes it was a space craft it is evidence that it did leak. No one would think anything of it if there was no truth at all to their accusations. There have been testimonies from numerous government or military employed persons claiming that the incident is real and was extraterrestrial related. In my opinion it is very obvious that something unexplained (most likely extraterrestrial in origin) was found due to the quick change in head lines. The military even said it was a "flying disc" but then later say it was a project weather balloon. Think about it why would the government change there story, and why if it was one of their own test balloons would they have ever called it unidentified?

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It is very simple to awnser. Everyone knows by now the US government was testing some very awsome planes back then, one in particular that is in use to this day. All of the UFO reports may have been hyped up to cover up these projects to keep nosy nations from takeing these tests seriously. As was mentioned in a prior thread, by a "well" respected personage of ATS.

This is a catch 22 situation as it could go either way.
UFO cover up, or secret test plane coverup.

Both stories have possible credibility. Only difference is which one is more believable? I have even seen the theories get twisted into combinations of the two. And why wouldn't a government trying to keep it's secrets not embrace such blatent stories. To be completely honest, I do not disbelieve in aliens. I also don't disbeleive the possiblity Earth was or has been visited by said aliens. It's just if these events did occur, why has not one single person or alien come forward to save a perfectly good planet from the obvious future ruin? As we all know that is exactly where both types of technology will lead and is possibly leading us.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I know the man who was told to announce the crash of a spaceship in Roswell. His name is Walter Haut. He was the military information officer at the time, and his BOSS TOLD HIM to annouce that crash to the Roswell Daily Record. He also put the announcement on the radio.

By the way, there was more than one crash. One was even in 1948, because I met a military man who had to help clean up that situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
My Nanny's now husband (my grandfather died) was the commanding officer at Roswell shortly after the incident. He emphatically denies everything (as a good Air Force man should). Whenever I see him, I bring it up, because his face turns red and he gets flustered. The first time I brought it up, I thought he was going to punch me.

new topics

top topics

join