It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green circles north of groom lake?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
jra

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think some are just differnt colours, because the satillite images are composed of various photos put together, taken at differnt times, so they don't all match. Same with the zoom levels, some of the photos are higher res than others. For example, i can Zoom all the way when looking at some areas in Vancouver, but go east of there a bit and i can't zoom in that far. They just don't have high res photos of everything.

apc

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Roach13 is that what that strange neighborhood of rings is due West of the base? I saw those and couldnt figure out what they were. They look bizarre.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Start at Google maps. Center the place where 2 freeways intersect NE of LA. Put the + - slider to halfway, then center the H-like pattern. Click Satellite, zoom in to suit your needs. Same thing; green crop circles, airport, desert.

The green color is artificial. Satellite photos are usually infrared images, colors added to benefit human analysts.

For much more detail, but no bogus colors, see:

terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com...

I can tell which car was in my driveway the day they took the picture. Only because the sports car I had then was smaller than the truck I had then.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Start at Google maps. Center the place where 2 freeways intersect NE of LA. Put the + - slider to halfway, then center the H-like pattern. Click Satellite, zoom in to suit your needs. Same thing; green crop circles, airport, desert.

The green color is artificial. Satellite photos are usually infrared images, colors added to benefit human analysts.

For much more detail, but no bogus colors, see:

I can tell which car was in my driveway the day they took the picture. Only because the sports car I had then was smaller than the truck I had then.

Here's a picture of that airport - you can see helicopters lined up on the taxiway

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Researcher]

apc

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow you can see the nuke craters really well on terraserver. The blast wave drew perfect circles. Really cool.

> there's one arrangement of 4 in a square pattern at "398 km NE of Los Angeles, California"... They grow in sequence... looks like they went "50kt, 100kt, 200kt, 500kt"

... sucks MS doesnt want you looking at the Gov land.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by apc]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Those circles look like they were added. The green color is way too vibrant to be real.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So the consensus is that the green circles are artificial-color-added infrared images of irrigated crops. Sounds good to me.

The craters are all above- and below-ground nuclear tests from the 40s and 50s - this was the original purpose of the site, before the U-2 plane development.

Zip

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Those circles look like they were added. The green color is way too vibrant to be real.

I've flown over these things in a plane, and although it is lower then the photos we see here, it looks alot simmiler. Belive me, I really don't think they where added because they look like that from a plane. And the color might be brighter here on the net, or the colors where enhanced to stick out more. They might not be that bright in real life.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
yes, the color is not real, and yes they are using the saturation of color to hide stuff. And no as far as I am aware there are no alfafa crops in the middle of the Nevada desert.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I regularly fly across Saudi Arabia from Dubai to Jordan and there are hundreds in the desert. Strange to see because all you see is miles of sand then these crop circles. They are just agricultural farms with irrigation pipes that feed the turning watering machines.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, there are alfalfa crops in the Mojave desert. More green coming in from tax breaks than alfalfa production.

Satellites take infrared images in many narrow bands of the IR spectrum. By taking multispectral scans, they can measure fine gradations in temperature range in a building. They can see blighted crops in a field of healthy crops. And they can acquire data through cloud cover.

The colors are put in by a computer. Do a Google image search for Landsat. Some images appear in true colors, but that's just for pretty, a PR thing. Some are in strange unnatural color combinations. The computer image manipulators emphasized colors depicting what the analysts need to see - industry in yellow, suburbs in pink - creating a false color image.

These circles are colored partly to identify them, to clarify what you are seeing, so people who drove past these things on the freeway go "Oh - those things..."

When they ( terraserver ) want to obscure things on the ground, they substitute aerial images from the 50's, or show you pictures of ceiling tiles.

xu

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am not sure about those green circles in Nevade but these are desert farms in Libya

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think the black circles are used to blot out sensitive areas that they don't want us to see.

UK

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
guys,

unless they are balancing them on top of a ridge they have been put in to hide sensitive areas...

as has been said about 5 times already..

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
what ridge? I think they are crops thathavebeen color enhanced as someone said.

UK

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
the rings just north of the base are right on top of a ridge..

they are just hiding stuff...just being careful..

uk

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sigh, its just farm crops, if you saw them at ground level you'd see how green they are. There's plenty of pics taken of them from ground level from the ET Highway.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK
the rings just north of the base are right on top of a ridge..

they are just hiding stuff...just being careful..

uk

What are they hiding that is a stone's throw from a highway? I think the evidence supports the crops idea more strongly than this.

Zip

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Coming from an area thats severly farmed, those are exactaly what has been stated here multiple times, circular fields of varying crops. At the center of those circles are either wells with pumps or an irrigation system that feeds off of a central tank. As much as I would love to think that censorship has taken yet another stranglehold here, it has not. They are crops that can flourish from the hot, dry desert air such as Alfalfa. I love one good consipracy from the next but I think that we have beaten this horse long enough. It's just farming. Just my 2 cents. -muzz

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's a farm right next to the highway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join