It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green circles north of groom lake?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I was just looking at some SAT photos of groom lake and I noticed some green circles (obviously man made) about 26 miles north of groom lake, just along hwy 375. I was wondering if anyone knew what they were. Look like evaporation pools or maybe storage tanks of some kind to me. they're about 2500 feet across. Maybe agricultural fields? but why in the middle of the desert?

Thanks
-Roach-

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Maybe you should post a link to those photo's so we are able to see what your talking about. That way more people can put in their input..

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't have photos per se, I was using the Keyhole satalite imager. You can probably use Google's new maps feature to see it.

maps.google.com...

37deg, 38min, 42.16sec N
115deg, 48min, 24.24sec W

they are very obvious in areal or satalite photos.. more so than the lake itself. about 20 green circles.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Very strange. Here is a direct link:
maps.google.com...,- 115.810661&spn=0.079479,0.125313&t=k&hl=en

There are loads of strange things around that area, i posted some links to a whole load of craters in this thread:
Google Feature Incorporates Satellite Maps

[edit on 6-4-2005 by nibiru]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
At this point, I have no guess. At least not one that is logical. Interesting how you can only zoom in to a certain point. Why is there a seperation of the circles in that manner? There must be an explanation for that..

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
They are not there, the green circles are edits to conceal sensitive military equipment.

Radio towers, AA weapons etc

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
They are crops. In the center there is a well. The irragation lines are connected to the center. They are on wheels and rotate around the center. Thats why its a circle. Ill find a picture for you.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It seems they are growing alfalfa at Penoyer Farms.

www.ufomind.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There are even more if you keep travelling north:
maps.google.com...,- 115.789204&spn=0.158958,0.250626&t=k&hl=en

And going north-west:
maps.google.com...,- 116.310196&spn=0.317917,0.501251&t=k&hl=en

maps.google.com...,- 117.139664&spn=0.158958,0.250626&t=k&hl=en

maps.google.com...,- 117.299995&spn=0.079479,0.125313&t=k&hl=en

[edit on 6-4-2005 by nibiru]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ya'll think thats weird? Scoot around with your little dragger tool, i think to the NW of that picture, assuming up is north. What are those massive black circles, and the brown one next to it? Also, what is that cluster of buildings with what look to be runways? Surely they wouldnt let you get that good of a view of A-51?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
well, the angle that they are at, northwest by southwest is probably due to the same angle of Highway 375... easy access. But what they are.. I have no idea. honestly I'm starting to doubt they have anything whatsoever to do with the base 26 miles due south, mostly because they are dirrectly next to the highway there. probably something civilian.

With Keyhole, you can zoom much farther in and it appears there are several dirt roads surrounding them. One of the roads goes southwest, around Chalk Mountan, then just south of the mountain there appears to be a convergence of 2 or 3 roads that continue south, one directly to the base and the other west, to Groom Lake Rd. and on to S4 (if that exists) Some roads appear to dead end at mountains so, it may be likely that there is something inside the mountain.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
yeah thats true, but not there....

When you fly across the country you will see huge areas which brown and green circles, but not there, not in the middle of the desert

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
[edit on 4/6/2005 by antigovFZ777]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The desert thing is odd... and the fact that there are just two is interesting. But I've seen those flying in a plane, they are just growing something.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
that is an airstrip and the green circles are hiding radar equipment etc

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
To me it looks like a regular farm with power lines going through it and a road off to the left

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The green circles arent that weird at all... It could just be vegetation they are growing for the aliens there.

But seriously, the thing i think is weird are those huge black circles that are around there. What kind of plant/crop is black?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antigovFZ777
But seriously, the thing i think is weird are those huge black circles that are around there. What kind of plant/crop is black?

If you are talking about these:
maps.google.com...,- 115.989189&spn=0.168915,0.250626&t=k&hl=en
then it looks like its just where the colouring on the photo has gone all dodgy.

apc

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They are just crops. Switch over to map view, you'll see theyre all outside Gov. property. If you've ever flown over Nevada, AZ, New Mexico, etc, you'll see them everywhere. They are either irrigated underground or by man made canals. In some you can see water pools in the corners.

I dont know what is being grown in the black/brown ones, maybe a bean.. maybe theyre just dirt or a field that was recently burned. The gradient in the brown ones are interesting.

> and yes the airstrip is groomlake as pointed out by the thread author. sat pics of the base are nothing new. people have even computer generated 3D maps of the base based off satellite imagery.

>> just noticed that other little strip to the WNW of the base. Dunno what that is, maybe a remote takeoff location for craft that might explode

[edit on 6-4-2005 by apc]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
download the free trial of Keyhole... I've been browsing the area and it appears that those "crop circles" are all over the desert in Nevada. If you go west of Groom Lake you can see the bomb craters in Nellis gunnery range. It's kinda cool. The Keyhole images are much clearer than Google and you can zoom farther in too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join