It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Charter help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
homepages.rootsweb.com...

This website contains the 1st 2nd and 3rd Verginia Charter.
If I am reading it corectly ( old English and all ) It would seem that London still has control of the U.S. if the document still applies today?

Is it, or is it not true then?

I would like your opinions to shed some light to this.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It is true....I read that charter some time ago. Here is some info www.nps.gov...
interesting how history books fail that

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks!
Now I can go prove my HISTORY Teacher wrong!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

if the document still applies today?

Those would be the key words. You know since the Revolutionary War was fought and all. That being said. Things change, Virginia used to be much larger, running all the way to the west coast (before they knew where the west coast was). I assure you The current constitution of Virginia makes no mention of being controlled by London.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

interesting how history books fail that

I don't know about that, they covered it pretty well in history class here in Virginia.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's about bloody time you lot recognised who's in charge.

Rule Brittania! Brittania rules the waves!

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

It's about bloody time you lot recognised who's in charge.

So it isn't Bush's fault after all? Its the U.K.'s fault.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You don't get off that easily.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
it's actualy quite amazeing how laws just change to suit currant needs. aparently according to canada's charter the federal government was not alowed to charge income tax. they came out with a "temporary" tax to pay for war and poof tax ever since.

if you look hard enough you can find strange laws still on the books. my friends father found one (i believe in kansis but not sure) that stated a car needed someone to run ahead of it to warn people of the car comming, not enforced but never repealed either.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This ancient document was superceded by the Treaty of Paris:

Article 1:
His Brittanic Majesty acknowledges the said United States, viz., New Hampshire, Massachusetts Bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia, to be free sovereign and independent states, that he treats with them as such, and for himself, his heirs, and successors, relinquishes all claims to the government, propriety, and territorial rights of the same and every part thereof.

top topics

join