It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative energy sources... which are best to support?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Air transportation needs to be massively curtailed. Air transportation is a serious contributor to ozone depletion and climate change.

Air travel is OK on a small scale, but there is no logic for it to be commonplace.

Masses should travel on the surface of the earth.

Airplanes can also run on electricity. However humans are not yet capable of building planes with that kind of technology.

As regards trains, it is possible to interconnect major cities with very fast trains, at speeds of 500-600 km/h which can compete with commercial airplanes. Such trains can be run using maglev technology. The current maglev tech has a basic flaw which I know, and correcting it will make it very efficient and safe.

The infrastructure will cost money and time. However this infrastructure will be far more durable and sustainable.

Chinese are smart. They have taken the correct route of building fast intercity train lines. Every Chinese city already has or building MRT. However MRT concept is flawed as it should take both goods and passengers. People need to learn.

The Chinese are building dedicated high speed rail for passenger traffic, while goods travel on existing low speed lines. Seems logical to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Veda (the storehouse of knowledge) tells humans to use electricity for machines and transportation.

If a worldwide electric grid is created with varied power generation and free trade of energy between nations, all problems will go away.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The continents of Eurasia (Europe + Asia) + continent of Africa contain most of the people that live on this planet. This landmass can easily use fast long distance maglev lines.

The North American continent can be connected via Alaska to the Russian far east by building a tunnel under the sea. This will connect North America's West coast. A line can run through this coast through USA and Mexico to South America.

That leaves Australia that can be connected by a series of sea tunnels from Indonesia.

All major landmasses can be connected with each other using surface transportation.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
2L of hydrogen can be produced for each gram of aluminum 20 cents worth of aluminum powder can generate 1kilowatt of electricity.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Our society is heavily biased towards 'mobile' hydrocarbon fuels. This is a very inefficient way of doing things.

An electrified rail based transportation infrastructure can minimize the need for liquid/gaseous fuels. Electricity is the ultimate mobile fuel.

Our personal transportation based society needs to be replaced with a mass transportation one.

If this change is made, liquid fuels obtained from renewables like bagasse are sufficient to run a small number of personal and road vehicles.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lanotom

Indeed gravity is a massive force! I tried to design a gravity based perpetual motion machine when I was a kid, it was a great puzzle for me to try and solve. I failed of course, however I saw a design for a gravity+magnetic machine that was extremely simple and amazing looking. I thought it was real, supposedly patented in 1823! Patent shelved? Device fail?

www.youtube.com...
Top 10 Perpetual Motions Machines! Wild stimulation
www.youtube.com...

For the "normal" fuels we are working on, Hydrogen is the winner. We just need slightly better hydrolysis processes. Yes, I believe Germany is running their buses all on Hydrogen, removing the explosive risk factor with their clever engineering.

edit on 21-2-2014 by Shamantiks because: added another cool link

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Forget solar panels... weather engineering will soon put an end to that. Some big screw up is bound to happen soon enough.
Seeing the sun will be all in the past with Geo Engineering or Weather modification at undisclosed billions to date.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Lanotom
inside at the top is a large plunger weight. As this weight slowly ... when cylinder is about empty the cylinder sets off balance flips and the process repeats to next cylinder.

you then have to expend slightly more energy to lift the weight back up to the top for the next cycle...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Fusion power based on deuterium could create enough energy for the next 50 billion years at current consumption levels.

Something with space singularities and quantum is also a possibily.

Not forget regenerativ energies. Solar power can meet the entire world's energy consumption by placing solar stations all over the Sahara desert.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamantiks

You really should not believe everything you see on youtube...
You missed this.

Please, be advised: These Videos are of motorized versions that were built to illustrate how these machines were supposed to work in the minds of Inventors.

www.veproject1.org...

edit on 25-7-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join