It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Please delete when I did a search the previous story did not show up.

[edit on 4/6/2005 by shots]

[edit on 4/6/2005 by shots]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A little while ago, a friend of mine told me that their parent's had been on a trip to canada (they're US citizens). Upon return, they passed thru the border itself with not problem. However, after driving for a little while, within the US, they were stopped at a checkpoint and actually asked for their licenses and, if i recall correctly, their passports. Better to check at the border, for several reasons, that within the country.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I live a few miles from the Rainbow Bridge that connects Canada and the US in Niagara Falls, NY, and have only had to show my Drivers License or Birth Certificate on 4 or 5 occasions- and I go into Canada quite a bit- at least 3 or 4 times a month. I WILL NOT dish out $97 to the government just for the "privelege" of going to Canada. If I were to travel to Europe, or somewhere else overseas, I could justify the expense, but not just to go over and gamble my money away.

Those with the NEXUS system, which is similar to the E-Z Pass system used on some major thruways, will not have to show a passport, they will be pre-cleared to cross.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
kenshiro2012 posted this story yesterday.
NEWS: Traveling Americans will face tighter border controls

top topics

join