It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a bug needing a fix?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Last night this story was upgraded, but I was not notified nor was I awarded a point. Is this a bug in need of a fix?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
A while ago I also had this problem. Right after the ATSNN voting started I had 3 storys published. I never got a U2U or the point credit.

Since then I've had more storys get published and I have been getting U2Us stating I have received 750 ATS points.

I made several attempts to contact ATS staff about the matter but never did get a response.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This happened to me yesterday. I had two submissions, both got upgraded to atsnn but only one got points.

Here's the story:

www.atsnn.com...

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I had the same happen with this upgraded last night.

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
These stories all have one thing in common. They were all edited by John bull 1. Perhaps having a mod edit the submission negates the point.

EDIT: I sent a U2U to John bull 1. Perhaps, he can shed some light on the subject.

[edit on 05/4/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I see you're only one upgrade away from becoming an expertly expertious expert, GP. Kudos and salutations for all of your quality contributions.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thanks, peace. It's actually been an arduous, roller coaster ride for me, so I will be greatly honored to have ascended to this hallowed domain.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
John bull 1 responded to my U2U that the problem is the result of ongoing coding and that he has been affected, as well.

So, I guess we just have to wait until the dust settles.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
First, I want to apologise to those that have been effected. It's especially unfortunate because it's those that have posted relevent stories that have felt this.

I'm trying to keep ATSNN up to date. At the moment due to ongoing coding modifications the only way I can bump an important story imediately to ATSNN is to bypass the voting procedure and edit the title. This unfortunately results in you not getting the points or those stories being added to your contribution list.

SO knows about this and he knows what the solution is. So it's just a short term hicup that will be resolved.

I'll try and restrict my bumping to those important stories that keep ATSNN up to the minute and in the meantime if this has effected you please U2U me with a link and I'll reimburse you with the points.

I hope this explains adequately this problem. In many ways you could say that if you've been effected you are the victims of your own good work. I hope that's some consolation.

JB1

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news guys ....but the suggestions and complaint button is for the purpose of reporting these events right?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No sweat, bull. The points are secondary to finding and fixing bugs.

It may be true that "suggestions" might be the best way to make these issues known, but in this case, having those to whom this had occurred collaborate, led to a rather quick understanding of the situation, instead of everyone wondering in silence and isolation until the admins could isolate the problem, while attending to all the other duties they are responsible for.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey everyone,
Just curious to see if anyone has gotten this issue resolved? I U2U'ed Johnbull1 but havent heard anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My count is currently correct. I haven't done any posting in the last 36 hours.

top topics

join