It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who believes this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There was this book that my mother was reading about the catholic church. The author stated (at the time in the 80s) that the tree biggest global powers were communism, capitalism and catholicism. Communism in russia was crushed (thanks Johnny II) so the battle remained between the west and rome. This author (x jesuit priest) seems to think that the RCC is after total control of the humans on earth.

I have heard that end times, according to the RCC, is the kingdom of God set up on earth. This kingdom of God however is, none other than the Catholic church.

Do you believe that this denomination has the power to pull it off? After seeing how the leaders of the world are treating the death of this pope, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before the Vatican starts pulling the strings directly?

One interesting thing on the news was when they said that Religions and people from all over the world were united in their morning for the pope. I just think wow, what will happen next... Already, all sunday worshipping christian churches acknowledge rome as their mother authoritative church.

Anyone else thought about this?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
Who believes this?

Not me, but have something to address...

Already, all sunday worshipping christian churches acknowledge rome as their mother authoritative church.

What do you mean by "sunday worshipping?". My church doesn't worship days of the week. If you mean the ones that hold worship services on Sunday, then...the church I attend does not acknowledge rome as their mother authoritative church, so I guess that disqualifies your "all" statement. Besides, why would a protest-ant church say that it would do whatever the church that they protested against when their practices remain relatively the same. The authority is God and we can talk to him according to what Jesus (and a boatload of other peeps in the Book) taught. Hebrews 4:14 explains who has high priest authority so that's what I'm going to trust.

Anyone else thought about this?

Nope. The groupings are very generalized. I could say the three largest powers in the world are money, fame, and sports. That would be leaving out a lot of factors and variables though.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I do not think that Catholism would be a great power in the world. Even though there are 1 billion of them they really do not have a grip in the Middle East or East Asia. Personally, I find that organized religion as a whole is used to control the human race, except Buddhism or Taoism. However, that is just my opinion and you are entitled to yours as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
By the way Saint4God, I am a huge fan of wushu and kung Fu. I also happen to practice martial arts of San Shou. That was off topic; however, I find that if there was a time when the Catholic Church had any real power over the world, it was when Italy was called the Holy Roman Empire. Moreover, in my own experiences I happen to notice that a lot of youths are become less dogmatic and more spiritual. Though it may just be me because my mother is a hippie who taught me to find my own spirtiual ways.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix13
By the way Saint4God, I am a huge fan of wushu and kung Fu.

Cool! I thought it'd be really hard but after a few months of working on it, it seemed to flow pretty well.

I also happen to practice martial arts of San Shou.

Excellent! The school I go to tried to talk me into it at one point, but I think I'm too tense in sparring to consider it yet. Maybe after more practice practice practice. Have you been in any tourneys yet?

Moreover, in my own experiences I happen to notice that a lot of youths are become less dogmatic and more spiritual.

That reminds me...

"People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them." (Mark 10:13-16)

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
"Ques. - Which is the Sabbath day?

"Ans. - Saturday is the Sabbath day.

"Ques. - Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

"Ans. - We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church, in the Council of Laodicea (A.D. 336), transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."

Source: The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, written by Reverend Peter Geiermann, C.S.R., and blessed by Pope Pius X on the 25th of January 1910, Second edition, page 50.

LAODICEA, CANON 29. - Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honoring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.
CATECHISM OF POPE PIUS X

The Third Commandment

1 Q. What does the Third Commandment: Remember thou keep holy the Sabbath day, command us to do?

A. The Third Commandment: Remember thou keep holy the Sabbath day, commands us to honour God by acts of worship on festivals.

2 Q. What are festivals?

A. In the Old Law they were Saturdays and certain other days regarded as specially solemn by the Jews; in the New Law they are Sundays and other festivals instituted by the Church.

3 Q. Why is Sunday sanctified instead of Saturday in the New Law?

A. Sunday, which means the Lord's Day, was substituted for Saturday, because it was on that day that our Lord rose from the dead.

Note: Sun day does NOT mean Lord's Day. Sun Day is the holiday of the Roman sun-god "Sol Inviticus.

Doctrinal Catechism

Q. Have you any other way of proving that the church has power to institute festivals of precept?

A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her - she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.

Source: A Doctrinal Catechism, by Rev. Stephen Keenan, Imprimatur by John Cardinal McCloskey, Archbishop of New York, Copyright 1876 by T. W. Strong, page 174.

For more interesting reading on this subject go to godkind.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Do not worry. The Sabbath was a gift to mankind so that s/he may enjoy a day of rest. Jesus had some wonderfully remarkable things to say about it and the things he did (as King David did) were hedging heresy according to the Pharisee Priests of the time. There's a few times where this is addressed in the gospels. I don't see where this subject shows Catholic authority over protestant churches though.

He's the link of the discussion we already had:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cut & paste of my conclussion for those short on time -

I found the answer! Thank you all!

One of my take-aways from Jesus' message is that the people focused on the law of the Old Testament to such intensity, that they lost in their heart the meaning of the law. The ten commands has a theme. Love and respect for God in addition to love an respect for other people. With that being said, it follows up very nicely with what Jesus said in Matthew 22:34.

This question had been pressing me for some time as well and because of this thread, I hadn't the motivation to dig in and reach for the answer. Seek and you'll find I guess. Okay, enough about my ramblings, let's hear what the son of God has to say:

Matthew 12 - "At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. Hs disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him 'Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.'
"He answered, 'Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread-which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice ,' you would not have condemned the innocent. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."
"Then he said to the man, 'Stretch out your hand.' So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus."

Check it out, here's what I got from it. The Sabbath is a day of worship and mercy. The original reason for the Sabbath was that one day of the week, peeps would put down their hammers and 'give it up to God'. Jesus epitomized this spirit by taking care of the people around him and doing good works. This is a model of how God should be with you.

Everyday should be the Sabbath! Don't wonder if you're breaking this law, make the law part of your every day life. Why do 'due diligence' one day a week? Christianity isn't supposed to feel like an obligation, work, or mandatory service one Sunday morning a week. God is supposed to be in your heart everyday, connected like a cable modem. How easy it is to stay in the spirit then! How easy it is to unconciously do good works everyday! How easy it is to forgive, love, respect, and help other people!

[edit on 6-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shmick25

you must read a literal translation bible or better yet one written in the original greek, i being nondenominational flipped that it supports the catholic church check out John it actually says to be born from above not again and in john 6 it says to partake in the body of christ which means to munch or gnaw, i'm reading the church fathers the ones that actually learned from the apostles wow it was the catholic church from the begining , i dont know what to do but i want the truth

new topics

top topics

join