It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what: celebs can sue the govt for hiding the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I just cant understand why dont the american celebs just rally up and sue the govt for hiding the truth.It would also cause massive media attention and also a public outcry.Arnold schwarzennegar should lead it but now he is in govt he would do nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
No one can sue the U.S. Federal government for any reason. In fact, the government usually has to agree to be sued either through legislation or an executive decision. Any unapproved suits will be dismissed due to sovereign immunity.

[edit on 4/6/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
No one can sue the U.S. Federal government for any reason. In fact, the government usually has to agree to be sued either through legislation or an executive decision. Any unapproved suits will be dismissed due to eminent domain.

Then what about right for freedom and info act.The celebs with the disclosure project people who have more than 400 govt\intellegence witnesses can pack a punch to the govt and the media would definately cover it.It just needs a slight momentum.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
trust me, you will never see a celeb taking up the cause of disclosure. at least no celeb that is still in the spotlight. too much to lose. ask them what they'd rather have, disclosure or a paycheck...I think I know what they'd say

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No one can sue the U.S. Federal government for any reason. In fact, the government usually has to agree to be sued either through legislation or an executive decision. Any unapproved suits will be dismissed due to eminent domain.

What are you talking about? eminent domain is when the gov't purchases your property by force!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
celebs will never, and I mean never sue the gvt. I can assure you that.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hlodde
What are you talking about? eminent domain is when the gov't purchases your property by force!

OOPS! I meant sovereign immunity, I edited my post.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What happened the last time these morons tried dabbeling in politics? (last year...previous to the Bush reelection) THEY WERE SHUT DOWN BIGTIME!!!!!

It would be foolish for any group of celebs to even attempt to sue for disclosure.

It would make them look like idiots (like they did after Bush was reelected despite their carrying on), and would compromise their careers.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911

Then what about right for freedom and info act.The celebs with the disclosure project people who have more than 400 govt\intellegence witnesses can pack a punch to the govt and the media would definately cover it.It just needs a slight momentum.

The reason the 400 witnesses don't sue is because the Disclosure Project is probably trying to make them pay for their own individual lawyer. Did you purchase the witness's statements? I'd love to read some of them. But alas, Disclosure remains undisclosed unless you pay for it.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by freddieb]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I dont think you can sue the gov. for that.
I do think that if 40% of todays biggest celebrities went on a campaign to get info, alto of people might start doing so as well, at the least it would a large chunk of the general public very suspicious of the government, even more s than those that are now.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
this plan seems more practical than getting gov to change itself. any ways this could possibly be implemented?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If celebs all working together for a cause worked, Bill Clinton would still be president!

top topics

join