It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Warns Russia May Collapse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Now this is interesting, not really sure if I am happy or scared.

Russia has been flexing her muscles over the past few years since the reorganization after the fall of communism. From controlling the price of oil with its newly found massive reserves, to selling arms it seems any country that opposes the US. It almost seems that the cold war never ended.

Personnally I think Putin needs to go, he has hampered the freedom movement in Russia and forced a dictator type government on the Russian people.

www.cbsnews.com...

AP) Infighting among top Russian political leaders, rattled by popular uprisings in three ex-Soviet republics, may cause a rift that puts Russia at risk of breaking up, President Vladimir Putin's chief of staff warned in an interview published Monday.

Analysts said the rare public comments by Dmitry Medvedev, a powerful member of Putin's inner circle, appeared to be an attempt to bolster the authority of Putin's administration.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Possibilities

1) Putin goes, Nationalist steps in, Kiss world goodbye.

2) Russia breaks up, war breaks out, Kiss world goodbye.

3) Russia stays intact, Putin stays in, we live.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
Possibilities

1) Putin goes, Nationalist steps in, Kiss world goodbye.

2) Russia breaks up, war breaks out, Kiss world goodbye.

3) Russia stays intact, Putin stays in, we live.

1) White nationalists are a growing force in Russia, they hate Israel and America
2) American report did state, they felt Russia would break up
3) We won't live in Putin stays in

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I came across this story the other day about Russia, Cuba and Venezuela and how they plan to cripple the US.

If America Dares to Attack Venezuela, Every Supertanker Approaching the American Southern Oil Terminals Will Be Sunk by Mach 2.9 Missiles.

www.stevequayle.com...
www.vheadline.com...

I am sure that Venezuela and Cuba could take out a few ships with these weapons and slow down or stop shipping in the Gulf, but it would mean the end of both countries.

This article got me thinking, that if Russia sold these missiles to Venezuela and Cuba that Russia possibly sold them to Iran and North Korea also.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Pentagon Chief Escalates Threats against Venezuela

globalresearch.ca...

Rumsfeld's Latin American tour

US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld used his brief three-nation tour of Latin America this week to step up US threats against Venezuela and pressure the region's governments into joining Washington's campaign to isolate the government of President Hugo Chavez.

Echoing US rhetoric from the Cold War, Rumsfeld described Venezuela's agreement to buy military hardware from Russia as a threat to the hemisphere. "Certainly I'm concerned," he said, referring to the arms deal, which involves the purchase of 100,000 AK-47 rifles as well as 10 military helicopters from Moscow.

Maybe I should start a thread on Venezuela's dance to war.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This topic was discussed here on ATS yesterday.

Russia wil not collapse. Such stupid statements from govt official are meant to scare puiblic opinion into complete submission. With governors directly appointed by Putin, the local law enforcement will use any means necesary to suppress any semblance of revolt.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is what Aelita is talking about, we were discussing this yesterday. There's some really good information, links and otherwise, on the page(s) below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The two articles can exist side by side, I just wanted anyone interested to know that there is more information floating around elsewhere. I don't have too much of a problem with duplicate stories, it just gets ridiculous when there's like 4 stories, because then the information gets fractured and harder to find.

But whatever, there's the link, and my personal opinion is pretty much the same as Aelita's. I think this could be a ploy to preserve the integrity of the Russian state.

top topics

join