It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurd leader named Iraq president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Iraq's parliament deadlock is finally broken. The parliament has chosen Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani as the country's new president.

The presidential team will nominate the key role of prime minister who will lead Iraq until new polls in December.

Shia politician Ibrahim Jaafari is expected to be named prime minister in the coming days.

Iraqi officials said Saddam Hussein and members of his former regime watched the proceedings on television in jail.

"I decided that Saddam and the 11 others will watch it on the television," Iraqi Human Rights minister Bakhtiar Amin told AFP before the session.

"There will be a place in jail for Saddam and the 11 to watch the TV to understand their time is finished, there is a new Iraq and that they are no longer ruling the country; so they can understand that in the new Iraq, people are elected and they are not coming to power by a coup d'etat."

Read the full article

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Interesting article.......although I do not post here ....very unusual for me.....

I was actully trying to look for Euphrates river''GOOGLE'' search and came across this article..........dont ask how I came across this ...
Anyway.......
www.debka.com...

Anyway I was also reading up on prophecy about the Kurds getting back their land....and the Turks being at war with Greece.....and Russia helping out....
Sorry if this seems not in relation to the post...
helen....

join