It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X / Niburu - Just The Facts.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaser7

Just the facts..... Ok.

The whole planet X/Nibiru thing is entirely fictitious nonsense and has no scientific value or credibility whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
OMG like 2012 is 3 more years n stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jaser7

I think it's bull.. sorry but I believe in god and no where in the bible does it say that a large planet or anything will destroy the earth.
What it does say is no man knows the when the world will end and not to believe the word of man over him and I don't I feel that it's just a way for scammers to market and make money off of the whole end of the world theory.
How can one write a survival book for something that is said to destroy the world as a whole? Also how can you tell someone how to survive something your have not been through to survive yourself? How will one know whAt to do after they "survive" The entire situation is like reading the enquire.
For example they said doomsday would be the year of 1999 then 2000 with the whole millenium thing now it's a killer planet.
It's only new age folklore for entertainment.
If there was undeniable proof of what they are saying then maybe people like me wouldn't brush it off.
Until I open my bible and it says in 2012 the world would be no more I would believe it. But until then I remain as I am Unimpressed

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
To further support Byrd and Cmndrkeenkid, the closest known Brown Dwarfs to Earth are a pair 12 light years away from the Sun. You can read about Epsilon Indi for yourself. As Nibiru/Planet X should be well within our Solar System, it's gravity would announce it's presence rather loudly. Brown Dwarfs can be way over 50 masses of Jupiter.

The Bad Astronomy has already been linked. Please read it
The page I've linked isn't quite the one I wanted (no email examples at the bottom!?), but it will open your eyes a little.

People aren't trying to 'debunk' your ideas or even criticize your beliefs here. They are offering information from a scientific perspective that you can read and form your own conclusions. If you buy books or magazines about Nibiru/Planet X, just wait awhile until you've read some of the links posted. Bad Astronomy is the 'one-stop shop' for relevant information.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
There is one way to tell for 100%. We could just wait until it is surpose to pass.

One way or another we would know then if it was real or not would we.

Falcon

Well its already failed to appear at least three times in the past, Im starting to get annoyed at waiting for so long

Im sure they will come up with another date after 2012

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaser7
Where is the proof? This is usually the first questions people ask
when presented with the idea that Aliens exist, or that we have been
visited in the past by ancient astronauts. When a person does gain
enough interest to start looking into topics such as Aliens and Ufos,
they must wade through a vast amount of information.

xfacts.com...

Jason Martell

----------

[edit on 21-2-2005 by John bull 1]

Ok, here some more facts:

1. The accurate translation of Nibiru is "place of crossing" or "crossing point".

2. The word Nibiru within the context of the tables translates as following:

...the holder of the crosing of heavens and earth.

3. If we summarize the translations from the Sumerian texts we the the following for Nibiru:

Nibiru is called a planet - nearly always Jupiter-Marduck, but once Mercury, and NEVER anything beyond Pluto or the known planets.

Nibiru is NEVER mentioned in any respect with the Anunnaki or that it was inhabited.

Nibiru is both a fixed star in some relationship to constellations that holds them in their course, but is also described as changing position and crosing the sky at times.

Nibiru was seen EVERY year. So, it can't be on a 3,600 year cycle as Sitchin claims.

Further it is impossible according to all laws of physics, astronomy, and biology for another planet to be on a 3,600 year cycle, AND enter our inner solar system, AND have life on it.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

1. The accurate translation of Nibiru is "place of crossing" or "crossing point".

When I read that, it made me think of what I have been hearing about 2012. Isn't that when our solar system is supposedly crossing through the galactic center of the galaxy? Maybe that is what the Sumerians were trying to describe. Just food for thought...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyStrike

Thing is, the 2012 thing is just an alignment from the earths perspective. Meaning, it's not actually crossing the galactic plain. From what I've read, we are actually heading away from the galactic plain right now, not towards it.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyStrike

The best interpretation I can think of Nibiru considering it's translation and use would be "portal". A place of crossing between worlds. Or even aligning.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
whats this stuff about 3600 yr orbit theory

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
also there is rumour it speeded up then slowed down ??? little fishy

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
the best discussion i ever see about the planet x of doom and nobody flag the thread??

What i see in the firsts posts made the last nail in the coffin of the rogue planet (or what ever super mass object with a eccentric orbit of a about 3600+/-).

And i read sometime ago, one astronomer said this type of orbit can't be forever stable with such eccentricity, the object pass to a short near orbit or left our solar system forever (like the comets). Sorry I forgot the source.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inspectah
actually byrd, brown dwarf stars are so dim, that they are very hard to see, even if it was in our own solar system, the just about the only way we can see them is if it passes between us and another brighter object in our solar system, like saturn and so on, and, brown dwarf stars have not been proven as of yet to exist, the same with black holes

You are correct about dark stars. In my studies I have discovered that Nibiru is not the star itself, but is in orbit around the star, like Earth is in orbit around our sun. Many will have you believe that it is all a myth, but then, look at all the myths people believe in these days. It may surprise you to know that both NASA and the Vatican is watching the dark star, in anticipation of it's return. Look at the links below.

Originally posted by William One Sac
So am I to gather that Sitchin is the original author of the Nibiru theory?

No, Stichen was not the first to decipher the cuniform tablets, there ware many before him that worked it out.
See Decipherment, about mid page:
en.wikipedia.org...

What Stichin did was put it all together in book form for the common man to read.
A man named Malachi Martin implied that NASA was in fact tracking Planet X.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.planetxinbound.com...

www.darkstar1.co.uk...

users.cwnet.com...

www.earth-history.com...

www.emayzine.com...

www.pufoin.com...

Sumerian Questions and Answers
www.sumerian.org...

I am not worried whether Nibiru/Planet X is real or not, what worries me is who is in control of it?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Actually, the proof that it's sheer nonsense is simple:

Archaeologists agree that the only planets the Sumerians knew about were the ones visible to the naked eye: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn.
www.ramtops.demon.co.uk...

But the BEST page about this is on BADASTRONOMY.COM. Phil says:

Introduction
Doomsayers seem to pop up every few years. Last time, it was the alignment of the planets that somehow managed not to destroy the Earth in May 2000. Now, we have Planet X. A few people are claiming that a heretofore unknown planet in our solar system is on a very long, elliptical orbit. In May 2003, it will pass close enough to the Earth to affect it in some way, causing it to flip over (what many call a "pole shift") and spur many other huge disasters. The end result will be the deaths of many billions of people. There are a large number of web pages, chat rooms and books about Planet X and its horrible affects on the Earth. So the question is, does this planet exist, and will it come by in May 2003 and cause all this horror?
No, and no.

As much as I know anything in science, I know that there is no Planet X as described by this latest crop of Chicken Littles.

www.badastronomy.com...

To summarize a few of his points:

1) This is supposed to be a "brown dwarf" star. These things are stars and they do glow brightly enough to be seen by some of our telescopes. If there was a brown dwarf ANYwhere near our solar system, it would be the second or third brightest object in our solar system... a little dimmer than the moon.

This isn't something that could be missed by your average stargazer... or even Joe Dunce of Whappahappahoola. Heck, as bad as my eyes are, I could spot the thing at night without my glasses. You could see it in the daytime.

2) If you use the goodole Kepler formulas (or any formula for orbital velocity and periodicity, you'll find that in order to make the predictions come true about the planet being close to Earth in 2003, that by now it would have to be inside the solar system, somewhere between Neptune and Jupiter.

(here's the math page on it: www.badastronomy.com... )

Now, that's big enough and close enough that you could spot the thing with the naked eye. Amateur astronomy is a popular hobby.

Howcome no amateur astronomer ANYwhere has started yelling, "HEY!!! GREATBIGHORKIN' PLANET OUT THERE BETWEEN JUPITER AND NEPTUNE!!!" The things' bigger that Jupiter's moons... and we can see those easily with binoculars and telescopes (even cheap ones.)

They have found minor objects 1/3 the size of Pluto in orbit BEYOND Pluto. No planet X, though.

(check out "Ask The Astronomer": itss.raytheon.com...

...and on and on.

In short, if the thing really did exist and even if there was a HUGE coverup... by now every person on the Earth with vision better than 20/1000 (uncorrected) would be able to SEE the thing.

Day OR night.

The "planet-sized invisibility field" won't work... we'd see gravitational distortion of light around the planet as well as some other phenomina rather easily spotted by the average person.

How could they then tell them apart from stars ?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Jupiter, Saturn,Mars, Venus they have a very bright light in sky in comparative to the average of stars.
Second this type of objects move very quickly in the sky, you can see the motion (in contrast with the fix motion of the stars) if you track the object for days or weeks.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have a question for Niburu believers... Most people who believe Niburu is in the sky and hidden from us by the powers that be. What about before the powers that be were in power? I mean, I know of the Sumerian writings but most believers say Niburu is, at certain times, visible to the human eye but kept hidden. Wouldn't ancient artwork exist? I mean I have seen many cave paintings of UFOs and Aliens, yet I don't recall ever seeing any of 2 suns... or a planet close to the sun as most people say it is? Also, I have not seen any significant evidence from amateur astronomers. Just lot's of speculation. I am not saying it's not there, but I would like to see some ancient artwork of Niburu.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join