It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X / Niburu - Just The Facts.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So do you all realize that none of the websites, with the exceptions of the ones Byrd provided, have no astronomical data or meaning at all. They're just pure speculation and ideas based off unfounded information. In short: When it comes to astronomy or astronomical concepts, they're crap!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
So do you all realize that none of the websites, with the exceptions of the ones Byrd provided, have no astronomical data or meaning at all. They're just pure speculation and ideas based off unfounded information. In short: When it comes to astronomy or astronomical concepts, they're crap!

You would call a link that gives references to Science and Vie french magazine crap? I dont think so. That is not based on pure speculation. A french astronomer actually mapped a location of some body with an orbit of 4000 years. This process actually involves usage of scientific data. But to determine whether it is a planet, planetoid, dwarf, or comet is another question in itself.

As for the first link on this topic, if you click on the streaming video, it stems from an actual scientific report done by Harrington WITH ASTRONOMICAL DATA that was available at the time.

If you were talking about some of the other links in between, then they do have much unverifiable information.

I am guessing that means he has retracted his 5/2003 arrival date.

It was Nancy Lieder not Sitchin that made those claims.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

well....where are your SUBSTACIATED, MAGNIFICENT, MEANINGFULL, FOUNDED, NON-SPECULATIVE, INFORAMTIVE links ?

i mean ..."talk is cheap"...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca
You would call a link that gives references to Science and Vie french magazine crap? I dont think so. That is not based on pure speculation. A french astronomer actually mapped a location of some body with an orbit of 4000 years. This process actually involves usage of scientific data. But to determine whether it is a planet, planetoid, dwarf, or comet is another question in itself.

The same article also gives references to New Scientist, which isn't a great scientific publication for anyone. So with that as a reference, why should I think this French magazine is any good either?

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
well....where are your SUBSTACIATED, MAGNIFICENT, MEANINGFULL, FOUNDED, NON-SPECULATIVE, INFORAMTIVE links ?

Well maybe if you fully read my post you would have seen my nod towards Byrd's substanciated, magnificent, meaningful, founded, non-speculative, informative links. So with such links already given, what good would it do for me to repeat the same thing? None at all.

A couple questions of you Nibiru believers
1.) Looking at this picture, from sitchin, I have a question. Take a look at the orbit of Nibiru here...

It's orbit takes it WELL past the orbit of Pluto even. Do you know how much sunlight Pluto recieves? It's about as bright as Sirius is in our night skies. In other words, not bright at all. So how does this planet suppoert life, when it's SO bloody far away?

Another problem with this image is when looking at it, you'll see that Earth's orbit is the inner most ring. So going out from Earth we have Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Mystery Planet, and the Nibiru. So what's this Mystery Planet then? Looks like someone may have goofed in making thier fake images to me!

2.) At some point in the past this planet would have made an appearance. For the sake of arguement, let's just say that that was 4000 years ago. So something the mass and size of Mars, entering the inner solar system, right? How come there are no lasting affects of this on the inner solar system? Did it right itself before mankind began studying space scientifically? Because that just sounds impossible to me!

[edit on 2/22/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Life sound impossible to you because we, human, are only on the 3rd dimension. When we will move on the 4th dimension, our physical needs will change to another kind of needs. I don't really know what they are though. See it this way, there are higher lever of existence, which are at an higher vibration state than the human body.

If you have read the celestine prophecy, you will understand what I mean.

I'm pretty sure that the Aztec found this and have been able to move on the 4th dimension. That's why they mysteriously disappeared.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidOBE
I'm pretty sure that the Aztec found this and have been able to move on the 4th dimension. That's why they mysteriously disappeared.

Last I heard they were killed off by a few things. Mainly Cortez and his troops with guns and swords, but also by new diseases introduced that they had no defense against. But hey, that's just how history writes it right?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The same article also gives references to New Scientist, which isn't a great scientific publication for anyone. So with that as a reference, why should I think this French magazine is any good either?

Just becuase you dont like one source, doesnt mean the other source is no good either. Science and Vie is a top french magazine. If your going to deny an astronomer's claims that he discovered something with a 4000 year orbit then you better have factual data to show he was wrong. In addition, just becuase he discovered something with a 4000 year orbit doesnt mean its P-X, it could be anything from planetoids, to comets, or whatever have you. But in order for you to deny that, you need some form of factual data.

In other words, not bright at all. So how does this planet suppoert life, when it's SO bloody far away?

Im not arguing for why there is life, becuase it hasnt been discovered yet. I'm only putting up the fact that french astronomers have discovered an object with a 4000 year orbit. I wouldnt be suprised if their wasnt any life.

Another problem with this image is when looking at it, you'll see that Earth's orbit is the inner most ring. So going out from Earth we have Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Mystery Planet, and the Nibiru. So what's this Mystery Planet then? Looks like someone may have goofed in making thier fake images to me!

I dont understand how it could be "fake" because that drawing is just an artist rendition to just give an approximate location as to where it could be. No one said it was found from the pyramids of Egypt or Giza or some special place. The "mystery planet" is unclear. You could interpret it as being Sedna. However, this is no fake, nor is it real. Its just a drawing!

[edit on 23-2-2005 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"It's orbit takes it WELL past the orbit of Pluto even. Do you know how much sunlight Pluto recieves? It's about as bright as Sirius is in our night skies. In other words, not bright at all. So how does this planet suppoert life, when it's SO bloody far away? "

I absolutely agree with ya.

"Another problem with this image is when looking at it, you'll see that Earth's orbit is the inner most ring. So going out from Earth we have Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Mystery Planet, and the Nibiru. So what's this Mystery Planet then? Looks like someone may have goofed in making thier fake images to me!"

The small dotted line is actually the asteroid belt.....

"At some point in the past this planet would have made an appearance. For the sake of arguement, let's just say that that was 4000 years ago. So something the mass and size of Mars, entering the inner solar system, right? How come there are no lasting affects of this on the inner solar system? Did it right itself before mankind began studying space scientifically? Because that just sounds impossible to me! "

Does mars have a more than negligable effect on earth? No. For Niburu to noticably, physically affect earth's orbit (i.e. give earth a temp. additional acc. of 10 m/s^2 [which, for short distances, is about the same rate at which you are being acc. towards the earth]) it would have had to have passed within about 30000 kilomters of earth. In comparison, the moon is about 300,000 km away from earth, the sun averages at about about 150 million km or 1 AU, mars at 1.52 AU, thus there is a lot of space in between planets . However, if you look at the pic again (providing that the dotted lines are the asteroid belt), nib barely touched the inner solar system. Now the question remains would nib which is the size of mars and at its perigee located between mars and jupiter(2.7 AU[2.7times earth-sun distance]) be such a drastic, noteworthy event in your example of 2000 B.C.? Consider that mars is barely noticable to the naked eye at 1.52 AU.

(imo)

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

eh, i used space.com and nasa.com for 2 of my sources... prolly only 2 of the sources i mentioned.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
few other notes...

i never said there was life on nibiru.
if it is magnetic in nature it would explain a lot.
how did the asteroid belt get here?
we cant see directly past the dust cloud on the outer edges of our solar system so that completely explains why we cant see it
percival lowell proved something was altering the orbits of the outer planets in 1916 but when they calculated the mass of pluto it wasnt enough to cause this.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by noyhcat
Does mars have a more than negligable effect on earth? No. For Niburu to noticably, physically affect earth's orbit (i.e. give earth a temp. additional acc. of 10 m/s^2 [which, for short distances, is about the same rate at which you are being acc. towards the earth]) it would have had to have passed within about 30000 kilomters of earth. In comparison, the moon is about 300,000 km away from earth, the sun averages at about about 150 million km or 1 AU, mars at 1.52 AU, thus there is a lot of space in between planets . However, if you look at the pic again (providing that the dotted lines are the asteroid belt), nib barely touched the inner solar system. Now the question remains would nib which is the size of mars and at its perigee located between mars and jupiter(2.7 AU[2.7times earth-sun distance]) be such a drastic, noteworthy event in your example of 2000 B.C.? Consider that mars is barely noticable to the naked eye at 1.52 AU.

I have to agree with you there. I was getting ready to post something similar. Nibiru would have to be very close within earth's proximity to cause a conformational or orbital change. In addition, you also have to consider its gravitational pull, size and mass. If nibiru is some small planet and very light planet, then you can imagine that its gravitational pull is insignificant compared to that of the sun. So therefore, it would have to pass very close to the earth to have a chance of changing anything.

On a side note: Recall that planets never have a perfect circular orbit. For example, the overall path the Earth orbits is circular looking, but its not a perfect circle. Recall we take the average radius when doing different types of calculations. If Niburu had any chance of stimulating an orbital change for Earth at far away distances, then I would imagine, it would contribute to further non-circularity in the orbit. But if your looking for orbital paths of two planets to criss cross, then Niburu would have to pass close enough to pull it out of its orbit and into a new path.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What? Mars is barely visible to the naked eye at its farthest? How about no? Mars is visible throughout the entire year, though sometimes it may be up during the day. You may as well say Jupiter and Saturn just are never visible to the naked eye! Maybe you just live in an area with WAY too much ligh pollution, I donno.

On the other hand, thanks for pointing out that the dot between Mars and Jupiter is dahed. I hadn't noticed that before.

And regardless of how close to the Inner Solar System this object supposedly comes, if it were the mass of Mars, it would STILL have some affect on the rest of the Solar System. What formulas and calculations did you use to come up with the idea that it would have to pass within 30,000 km of Earth? And even though the Moon and Sun are far away from Earth in human standards, in astronimical aspects they're still rather close. They both do have an affect on the Earth, mainly seen in the form of tidal forces.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
hmmm, and what calcualtions were we making 3-4k years in the realm of planetary mass in relation to earths rotation around the sun?

oh wait, the earth was still flat then...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

And regardless of how close to the Inner Solar System this object supposedly comes, if it were the mass of Mars, it would STILL have some affect on the rest of the Solar System. What formulas and calculations did you use to come up with the idea that it would have to pass within 30,000 km of Earth? And even though the Moon and Sun are far away from Earth in human standards, in astronimical aspects they're still rather close. They both do have an affect on the Earth, mainly seen in the form of tidal forces.

Basically and basic, I set the formula for the law of universal gravitation equal to the force that would be required for an acc. of 10 m/s^2 and solved for r. That's all. I know that the force would act longer, as the planets approach(accordording to their relative orbits) and then grow farther apart again. Nevertheless, as nib's orbit takes it no where near earth, such a calculation would be quite pointless. Even if nib would have passed within an immediate vicinity, I wasn't gonna waste like 1 hour on a post by having to integrate and solve and so on and so on... (imo)

That being said, its actually not within 30k km but within ~20000km of earth. Just to give you a generally idea and realation of the amgnitude and distances involved.

Here is an excerpt and the corresponding link :

As it stands now, 99.85% of the mass of the solar system is in the sun, and the planets take up another 0.135% of the mass. Thus, 99.985% of the mass of the solar system is to be found in the sun and its planets. The remaining 0.015% is distributed among the natural satellites, comets, meteoroids, asteroids (minor planets), and the interstellar medium itself. Therefore, given the volume of the solar system and the obvious concentrations of mass, the overall solar system is very empty. Even though objects are drawn into the center of the solar system by the gravitational pull of the sun, it is highly unlikely that anything large will hit our planet (once in 100 plus years has recently been given as the time between occurrences of a noticeable collision; once in 100,000 plus years between very large collisions). As an example of the vast emptiness of the solar system, picture the Rose Bowl as the inner solar system and an orange on the fifty-yard line as the sun. The planets would be like sand grains on the playing field. The chance of something from outside the stadium hitting one of those sand grains is very slim.

www.uen.org...

[edit on 24-2-2005 by noyhcat]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
This is what happens when you wqaste too little time on a post: I meant to say that nib would have to pass within 2000km of earth, srry....again. :shk:
So for an instantaneous acc. of 10m/s^2 nib would have to pass us at a distance which is less than 16%, or 1/6th, of earth's diameter (12,756 km).

Urn

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
what about sedna? its on a 10,500 year orbit, and doesnt enter the inner solar system though, heck it doesnt even cross pluto's orbit

www.gps.caltech.edu...
www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 25-2-2005 by Urn]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
if there is any reality to planet x, it has to be small and comet like to not be seen yet if it's coming in the year 2012

a large sedna like object trailing debris, cometary framents poping off leading to multiple tunguska like events would be very noticeable and frightening and could very easilly have caused things like The great flood/end of the last ice age or going back 4,000 years the exodus events...

so there could be something, it's no brown dwarf though, something out there disturbs the oort cloud, ther could be a small gas giant maybe neptune sized astonomy allows for far more of these to bew possible, ever free roaming ones, no telling how common failed stars are but it is highly doubtful anything the size of a brown dwarf is close to us...

ig there is anything heavenly affecting things i'd be looking for a very big comet, maybe even something moon sized which frankly would be frightening enough, but don't expect to see or detect it until it sprouts a tail

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You know what i think?

# the whole, "Oh my god aliens are gonna come and take out the population," or, "Oh no niburu is the alien planet and it's coming for us."

I believe that this is all purely scientific and eventual. There very well might be a planet or star that is gonna come and tear us a new asshole. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that there are other beings out there, and if our universe is infinite, it'd be impossible for some other life not to exist. But I hate how all these people say that aliens are coming and blah blah. Their probably already here, if they even exist. Why would they wait? Especially if the world is gonna be totally #ed in 4 years and their involved somehow.

We are simply a bacteria that somehow grew and got smarter.
But really, think about it. What do we do?

We kill each other.

We blow each other up because we don't believe in each others stupid fake ass religion.

We lie, cheat, steal, rape, torture, and abuse.

Bacteria. It makes you sick.

And what does our current nature of humanity do?
Well, I don't know about you, but it makes me pretty #ing sick.

Maybe aliens did come down from the sky in the past civilizations, but now we've #ed things up so bad, they most likely remain hidden.

So pretty much we're #ed. If Niburu is fake and this whole thing is a lie, we will most likely just end up blowing each other up and wiping out nations of innocent people in nuclear holocaust. # the world. I've given up on a lot of things because I know that one day this whole thing is gonna come crashing down, and things are going to be over.

Our world is so #ed that we're all trying to kill to get #ing oil, and trying to drag other nations into it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a political person, or someone that's like, "# the war blah blah schiggity schiggity." I think that I've just come to terms with the way things are, and have pretty much given up on all of it.

I don't care who our President is, or what is going on with the rest of the world. Sure, you can call me ignorant if you'd like, but you know what? I'm gonna be the guy you want to hang out with when everything happens because I'm gonna be prepared.

You have to think ahead and not think about aliens and all this stupid #. Some # is gonna go down in the next few years, whatever it may be.

Prepare yourself. That's all you can do.

Get ready because # is going to hit the fan really soon.

And I got your back when it does.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join