It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To die

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I have my own thoery which i will put down after a few postings about near death expreinces. Has anyone ever had a near death expreince, please explain it. If you havent I would like to hear your views onlthis topic.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
2- diff peolpe in my life, both old who had friends who "died",
then where brote back to life, said they were told , that it was like falling a sleep,
i my self have fished and hunted all my life have seen enuff death, to wonder
what really make us human, i have had a bird die on me after being attcked by a cat,
[parerrit], he was a smart bird and i got to him just as he was going , i think i saw
that he knew he was going, he had alook of surpize on his face, [you have a parerrit, you know,
there as smart as some peeps you know],well, i know alot of peeps want talk about,
how we so diff from the other lifeforms on this planit, but i'm not so sure anymore yo.
in the last 3 years i have allmost died 3- times, 2- mistakes, and 1- from being sick, but hey
i'm old and know i'm, going to die sometime so, dose that make a diff, if youknow before
hand you'll die , i don't know , thought all 3-times i called[when i was able], the peeps i love cause
i thoiught i was going., so .... is it all how you see the world or your veiw on death that
makes the thing for you ....i mean if no one told you would it have an impackt on what you did ?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
there already is such a topic mate

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
i am sorry jornt , was trying to have a thread about stuff here, would a mod get rid of mr . jornt comment please, or would you dirrect him to not try to snuff a thread before it starts cause
he thinks it , not worthy of a post please.
that sead we have a topic here jornt please post something on it.
f-161

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
When i was 3 i had a severe head trauma from a bicycle accident down quite a large hill. If you can see this picture below, that was my head after i got out of the hospital.. Now onto to story.

i remember the crash, the walk back up the hill, everything up until getting in the car. then only thing i can recall i looking down at myself from a birds eye view in an inifitly white room, laying on a white bed, whilst the doctor was sitting in his chair next to me, fixing me i suppose.

Would this be considered a near death experience?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Death.

A topic we all have too address eventually. I beleive I had recently died and lived.
A recent experience with myself was being in a form of a catonic state for a period of time and then waking up from it. For over a period of possibly 11 minutes or more. Scary to say the least, but honestly in a state of mind that was euphoria with me flying. My body was unable to move. Relaxation and peace were dominant concepts. Lifes sins are reviewed in a split second. Living color images and review. Things questionable in behavior, I somehow seemed to acknowledge. Youll be fully awake in your minds eye and review much of your life.
You will not realize death. It will be like walking into another room of extreme comfort and warmth with a feeling of acceptance..To come alive, is to know that death is nothing to fear. Heaven is real.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
When I was younger, I drowned in a lake, I was then brought back to life by medics minitues later. For me, it was just like falling asleep. Well, I'm glad I woke back up

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Near death experiences, yeah there are quite a few threads around, but i heard a story from an ex convict once about his near death experience.

It wasn’t the norm, instead of finding himself floating towards a light at the end of a tunnel, he found himself in a line with others along a shore facing out towards a fiery ocean. He said there was a guy walking up and down the line and he somehow new that if the man looked at him he would return and live. Lucky for him he got the look. After that experience he said he changed completely, and has never done bad thing again.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It is a fact that we have electrical energy bouncing around our brains. I believe that when anybody dies the energy escapes or transforms somehow. Into what who knows. Possibly a massive electical super consciosness somewhere. The body may die but the consciousness goes on. To what remains to be seen. A buddy of mine was hit by a car and died twice. Both times he was brought back. There was nothing but darkness he said. Only a feeling of flying or floating.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
It is a fact that we have electrical energy bouncing around our brains. I believe that when anybody dies the energy escapes or transforms somehow. Into what who knows. Possibly a massive electical super consciosness somewhere. The body may die but the consciousness goes on. To what remains to be seen.

That’s what i kind of think to. They call it the collective consciousness there are some good websites if you enter that in google, and its been discussed on ATS before.

I think it’s pretty indisputable that after death our conscious mind carry’s on. Even when dead, so many reports of the same sort of experience suggest to me, anyway, that we go on somewhere. They say that the brain lives on for awhile after death and sceptics say that what we see is just the final stages before we fade away forever, but how does that explain the, in most cases, conscious out of body experience when dead.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Near death experiences, yeah there are quite a few threads around, but i heard a story from an ex convict once about his near death experience.

It wasn’t the norm, instead of finding himself floating towards a light at the end of a tunnel, he found himself in a line with others along a shore facing out towards a fiery ocean. He said there was a guy walking up and down the line and he somehow new that if the man looked at him he would return and live. Lucky for him he got the look. After that experience he said he changed completely, and has never done bad thing again.

this is very intresting it gives my thoery a new light sort of. well let me explain the my theory and you can tell me what you think. you see i think what happens when we die is our sub consious and consious merge into one that is explains the light at the end of the tunnel but with this ones death experience it well what do you think

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonbeam13
you see i think what happens when we die is our sub consious and consious merge into one that is explains the light at the end of the tunnel but with this ones death experience it well what do you think

I don’t know. What i have found is that a lot of ideas have already been thought of before and are already theory’s. Like is it possible our brains are a receiver of our conscious and subconscious, there are so many possibilities.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Its your astral body seperating from the pysical.

akin to having a OOBE or astral projection.

the astral body can dis-engage and re-engage anytime, and does so many times in our sleep.

or through practice u can force an OOBE.

when we are that close to death the astral body will seperate instinctivly,
then if the subject regains pysical function it will merge.

simple.

If the subject dies, the Astral body will seperate compleatly an do what ever it does after we die.

ive had 4 OOBE's (which isnt that good for the amount of time i spent trying to induce them :-) and that only happens when i try it during a lucid dream)

1st time, I found myself in my room 3 foot away from my body, and i had a precognition or a messege which came true.

2nd, I found myself in a empty void or halfway point to other places
like if i floated 1 way i would endup in 1 plane if i floated anotherway i be in a different place kinda like a metapysical freeway or junction.

3rd, was just exiting my body but kept getting sucked back in, i did this 20 times then gave up coz it kinda hurt my eyes somehow.

4th was to obscure to discribe...sorry.

anyway, thats what happens at near death, you have an out of body exp.

get the book "astral dynamics" from amazon this tells all.
its written by "robert bruce" and is the best AP/OOBE BOOK THERE IS AT THE MOMENT.

thankyou for listening

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I recently read a book by Dannion Brinkley. Called "Saved by the Light".
He was literally struck by lightening, massive burns, death etc.
He was given visions of the future, past life review, saw a city of light etc.
It's a life changing read - honestly. I'd recommend it to anyone
who is searching for some answers.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I have been clinically dead three times..
It is NOT afigment of one's imagination nor drugs, as I was not on any drugs..They were all the same, but for the last one, I was given free reign to explore all the 7 planes-realms of our solar system..This was awesome, as I visited the spacial brethren..
Remember this~~~~ If it is NOT your time, you will not go..
It is such an inconditional LOVE, it is hard to put into language....

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
nderf.org...'s_nde.htm

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I lost ALL FEAR of death, with learning to travel out of my body.
I just KNOW that our 'selves,' our 'consiouness' is a seperate thing from the body.......death is a physicall thing, and we are WAY MORE than just a physicall being.
It is people who are unsure of this fact, that are so afraid of dying. It seams ironic to me the most zealot of religious people I know are the ones who are MOST affraid......tis a sad thing to be so affraid, and proves the shallowness of the belief in 'whatever' religion they so fiercely cling to.

[edit on 14-4-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
It seams ironic to me the most zealot of religious people I know are the ones who are MOST affraid......tis a sad thing to be so affraid, and proves the shallowness of the belief in 'whatever' religion they so fiercely cling to.

Agreed! Seconded, and we need to put it on a billboard!

I have noticed this correlation as well. A recent example would be the Terri Schavio case. It would seem to me that the people who claim to be the most spiritually prepared to meet their god would be the least disturbed about leaving all of this mundane physical stuff behind or seeing their loved ones doing the same.

I don't fear death. It's the next big step and one we all will take. I find it to be a relief that I won't have to spend forever in this form or at this spiritual level. It seems a shame that many, many people spend most of their lives concerned about what happens after they are dead instead of doing what we are here to do (experience life!). Everyone will get their chance at death. Why waste your life worrying about it?

Not that it matters much, but my personal belief is that when you die, you are released from this physical form and the limits you accepted when you first assumed it. However, I think some people invest so much of their soul/spirit in whatever belief they have glommed onto in the physical world that they don't immediately realize that they are once again free. It may be that some choose to continue the delusion for some time after death and see exactly what they expected to see. I imagine some probably end up sending themselves to their own vision of hell (if they think they deserve it) or heaven (sounds kinda boring), for a while at least.

I agree with the previous posters that speak of the "Astral Body" and that there are various stages of seperation from the physical form. Since the body is just a physical interface for something else (soul, spirit, whatever...), it is subject to damage. If the damage is severe enough, the body can no longer provide connectivity.

If a machine breaks, I usually stick around for a little while to see if I might repair it (since I'm the one who uses it). Maybe someone will repair it for me. Maybe, if it's a really advanced organic machine, it will repair itself. Of course, if the machine is partially destroyed and completely unusable with no hope of repair, it's time to go.

Perhaps it's much the same with the soul/spirit. If your brain is gone, there's not much point in your astral body sticking around. Yep, at that point maybe it's time to go take a break, talk to the boss (if there turns out to be one), file your report (share your experiences?), reflect on what you learned and what you want (or need) to learn next, and then go assume a new body to interface with, a new game piece to play for a while.

Of course I could be absolutely wrong, in which case, read my signatures.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
It is such an inconditional LOVE, it is hard to put into language....

I hope so

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Link to my nde

nderf.org...'s_nde.htm

Thats an interesting story. Im curiouse about your avatar, did you see somthing like that in your nde?

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I lost ALL FEAR of death, with learning to travel out of my body.

Have you ever seen the tunnel on your OOBE?

I have to admit i feel fear of death even though deep down inside i know it will be ok. i enjoy being alive. i dont threat about dying, it comes to us all.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
i dont threat about dying,

well sometimes

It might be hell waiting for you there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join