It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US kidnapping relatives of insurgents?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
MBF

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have a cousin in Iraq. When he called a few days ago, our conversation turned to prisoners that they capture. He told me that do just standard questioning. He said that the prisoners are not scared of them, they laugh at them, mock them and spit on them, but as soon as they hear that they are going to be turned over to the Iraqi military they start crying and beg them to keep them as prisoners. He said that they learned real quick that all they had to do to get them to cooperate was to threaten to turn them over to the Iraqi military.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The First Casualty Of War

Originally posted by xmotex
Yes, after all, if the public knew the truth about the way this war was being conducted, they might be able to make informed decisions about it.

Based on the entirety of the coverage I have seen, there is no danger of the public ever knowing the truth about anything in Iraq.

That is, until the fighting is finally over.

Then I will be keenly interested in what real Iraqis have to say about all this on the Internet, without the filters placed over them by commercial media.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
So your saying that them kidnapping soldiers and slaughtering them is not "agressive tactics"?

Edit: Hmm...

[edit on 6-4-2005 by ShadowMan]

I'm trying to define "agressive" tactics since no one seems to have the bottle to answer this question....

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If true then it's about time. Cut off one head and we will take out 1000 of you, your relatives, your wives, your children, your dog, your cat, your chickens, your cattle, your camel. Blow up a car bomb and glass the entire city.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
When the first mother or other family member of insurgents die or be "accidently" hurt, Iraqi police officers members of familys will become targets of insurgements. It's a neverending circle of violence. "You've killed my mother so i'll kill yours". "Eye for an eye, tooth for the tooth". That happened in Northern Ireland. Very bad policy.

When someone wrote that prisoners start crying when coalition soldier tell them that they will turn him/her to Iraqi police doesn't surprise me at all. It's the same Saddam secret police that they were affraid in the past.

And for those who are telling that family members are better of when they are in captivity. That's just impossible to unterstand. A gold cage is still a cage.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Still no one has the bottle to tell me what "agressive tactics" are?
Well then I'll just have to make an assumption by myself..
I believe these are terrorist actions being done since these "agressive" tactics fall into the definition of terrorist laid down by the co-alition....unless the co-alition is now saying that kidnapping people is not terrorism?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   

If true then it's about time. Cut off one head and we will take out 1000 of you, your relatives, your wives, your children, your dog, your cat, your chickens, your cattle, your camel. Blow up a car bomb and glass the entire city

Thank you for giving such a wonderful example of why I think my most dangerous, mindless, murderous, and fanatical enemies are right here at home, as evil as Al Quaeda but sadly much more numerous.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
If true then it's about time. Cut off one head and we will take out 1000 of you, your relatives, your wives, your children, your dog, your cat, your chickens, your cattle, your camel. Blow up a car bomb and glass the entire city.

Hitler would be envious of your bloodthirsty desires of retaliation.

October 23 1941:
After an explosion occurs in the Romanian troop headquarters, 19,000 Jews are massacred in retaliation in Odessa--200 for every Romanian officer killed and 100 for each soldier killed.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Is anyone aware of any form of corroboration from a credible source regarding the allegations made in the source article?

An updated story says that the Mother and Sister were detained but the US forces deny that they were kidnapped.

Reuters

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The U.S. military said on Friday two Iraqi women detained for six days had been held on suspicion of complicity in insurgent attacks, not used as hostages to pressure fugitive male relatives to surrender.

"U.S. forces do not take hostages, nor do we participate in blackmail activities," Lieutenant Colonel Clifford Kent, spokesman for the 3rd Infantry Division, said in a statement.

--snip--
Salima said U.S. troops in 30 Humvee vehicles showed up at their house just north of Baghdad at dawn last Saturday. One of them asked her for the whereabouts of one of her sons.

"I told him I would not give him the information because my three sons had already been detained by the Americans for a year and they were innocent. They said we would be detained until my son surrenders," she said.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Deja Vu All Over Again

Originally posted by AceOfBase
An updated story says that the Mother and Sister were detained but the US forces deny that they were kidnapped.

Looks like both Reuters and the "U.S. military" (the article is vague on which branch, although if it's the 3rd infantry, it's Army) are investigating.

Until they come up with something, it looks like a case of "he said/she said".

Gee, where have I heard that before.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Iraq is a dirty war and the heroic insugents have the right to use dirty tactics against Americas racist murderous Army..which abuses Iraqi's and kills them everyday and is supporting a colonialist puppet govt that serves there profeteering interests. The zionist americans started the war even though everyone told them it's illegal, the heroic insurgents will eventually liberate Iraq from the racists..more power to the rebels!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
xphantomx thank you for providing an example for everyone what racist and anti-American killer sounds like. Have a good day

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Propaganda Parrotry 101

Originally posted by xphantomx
Iraq is a dirty war and the heroic insugents have the right to use dirty tactics against Americas racist murderous Army

I give you a "B-" for mindless ranting, since you didn't use the words "imperialist", "gangsters" or "dogs", which would have earned you an "A". I would have also accepted "you will drown in your own blood".

While the post has some troll and flamebait potential, it's too lame to really get a rise out of people, so I'll leave that portion ungraded.

If you want your opinion to carry some weight, I recommend putting a little more effort into it -- and some thought behind it.

Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
xphantomx thank you for providing an example for everyone what racist and anti-American killer sounds like. Have a good day

And picking on the families of insurgents is anybetter?
Hey wait...didnt the SS and the gestapo do that?
Man someone in the US has been reading up on nazi's..
First gobbels work now gestapo tactics...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join