It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my apology to masons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I had the privallage to spend some time last night talking to two friends who i didnt realise were masons in portugal,one of which holds an exceptionally high rank in the society.....not a secret society,a society with secrets.
I was completley ignorant of what the masonic lodges actually did and was highly impressed with the charitable work done by both my friends through their society.
they explained to me their beliefs and reasons upon which they act within the masons,i felt stupidly ignorant for believing previously much of the drivel i have read here on ATS posted by non masons.
They were exceptionally open about their meetings and ceremonys and i have to say i was hummbled by the amount of time they actually spent doing good deeds for others.
Many of the requirements of the masonic lodges; i thought,if adopted by others in normal societys would be a good benchmark for creating a rather better balance at basic social levels of interaction.

Im not saying that there isnt some dark issues and secrets at higher levels of this society but why would that be any different than groups such as NASA,Goverments the world over?.....im just offering an apology and a 'nod' of respect to people that do an awful lot of good at expense to themselves.

Regards.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Nice to see someone coming out of ignorance.

Abandoning these preconcieved notions will further your "NWO-esque" research more than you could imagine.

A few bad apples in Masonry? Maybe. But I assure you there are many, many more good, honest persons who wish to better themselves and society.

Judge them off that preponderance and not the other way around.

X

[Edit: Oh and I wanted to add that frankly, your Avatar of Hasselhoff is like some terrible nightmare spawned of perms and speedos, coated in cocoa butter and caught ablaze in the bowels of hell. Shocking.
]

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Xatnys]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
I had the privallage to spend some time last night talking to two friends who i didnt realise were masons in portugal,one of which holds an exceptionally high rank in the society.....not a secret society,a society with secrets.
I was completley ignorant of what the masonic lodges actually did and was highly impressed with the charitable work done by both my friends through their society.
they explained to me their beliefs and reasons upon which they act within the masons,i felt stupidly ignorant for believing previously much of the drivel i have read here on ATS posted by non masons.
They were exceptionally open about their meetings and ceremonys and i have to say i was hummbled by the amount of time they actually spent doing good deeds for others.
Many of the requirements of the masonic lodges; i thought,if adopted by others in normal societys would be a good benchmark for creating a rather better balance at basic social levels of interaction.

Im not saying that there isnt some dark issues and secrets at higher levels of this society but why would that be any different than groups such as NASA,Goverments the world over?.....im just offering an apology and a 'nod' of respect to people that do an awful lot of good at expense to themselves.

I just wish that everyone would do as you did and SEE FOR THEMSELVES what actuallly goes on. Meet some masons, tour the lodge, read some legitimate books, they would all walk away with the same experience you did. I appreciate your willingness to go against your past beliefs and have a mind open enough to allow you to see past the B.S. It is I who have respect for YOU for doing that.

new topics

join