It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boost for superstitious: Sun to darken on day of pope's funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I have just found this news article:

Those who say eclipses herald history-shaping events will find support for their superstition when, on Friday, the Sun will be briefly plunged into darkness on the day of Pope John Paul II's funeral.

Astronomers, though, say the eclipse, while of a rare and intriguing type, was calculated long ago and is simply part of a ballet in celestial physics between the Sun, Earth and Moon.

It will be visible on Friday along an arc ranging from the southwestern Pacific to South America, at a time it will already be night in Rome.

The event will be a rare type called a "hybrid eclipse," expert Fred Espenak says on his website (sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...).

PARIS (AFP) Link to full article

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Pope John Paul II was born during an eclipse as well. He was the 110th Pope refered to as "De Labore Solis" (Of the Solar Eclipse or From the Toil of the Sun)

[edit on 6-4-2005 by nibiru]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here's something else many of you may not know. He represents 666 as Rome was 666 minutes of sunlight on October 14 1978 when he became Pope.

Also a UFO in the skies over Rome a month before when Pope JP1 died, mysteriously.

www.mystae.com...
"On September 14, 1978, a UFO as big as an ocean liner was witnessed by many thousands of people (including police) traveling all the way from the southern end of Sicily up through the entire length of the Italian peninsula to the northern frontier at the French border. The UFO then returned to hover over Rome during the nights of Sept. 15 and 16. Is it no more than an odd coincidence that this was just a fortnight before Pope John Paul I was found dead under suspicious circumstances, apparently poisoned in the manner of the Borgias while working on a speech he intended to deliver the next day? The text of the speech he had been working on was never made public.
"For the first time in the history of the Papacy, an autopsy was demanded by the Pope's family (his brother and sister), as well as by some of the best doctors in Italy. This demand was refused. "Although the Pope supposedly died of a heart attack, he had no previous history of heart trouble. Shortly before he died, his doctor examined him and declared him to be in excellent health. Cardinal Gantin, who was one of the last people to see him alive, said: 'Neither his face nor his gestures betrayed any sign of fatigue or weakness'.
"According to the Vatican, the first person to find him dead was Father Magee, who described his face as peacefully illuminated with his famous smile. However, this detail is in direct contradiction with the official diagnosis of infarctus of the myocardium.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
hey,
where did you get the information on the 666minutes of sunlight thing? thats pretty interesting.

Now i have another question that goes along with this.....Based on what we know and the various things you all have studied what do you think the point/purpose/message is with regards to the pope being born and buried on the day or a solar eclipse in your opinons?

Im only 19 so i dont know much about this pope's history being as im protestant and not catholic so your opinons my be tied to something in his history that i dont know about.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It is very interesting that he was born under an eclipse and will be buried under one as well... I guess time will tell if there is any significance to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Oh, people, let the pope rest...err...or is it a wax figurine being exibited at the Vatican? In any case eclipses come and go and this one will just be another eclipse...and i hear the pope is alive and was shipped to Canada..Or he could just be dead after a long life of praying to save our bacon and he became tired and old. The eclipse means that the sun will darken for a few minutes. Thats all.
Or could it be an Omen of the worse kind? Hmmmmm...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, if we encounter a guy who claims to be the Anti-Christ, rules for 7 years, and then we effectively see a war to end all wars occur in sequence, then yes, I could confidently say that this eclipse means something..

Guess we'll have to wait

-wD

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
JP2 is in the bahamas with Elvis, JFK, and Tupac. I don't know why you guys don't just acknowledge it.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

new topics

top topics

join