It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Guide "A Vagabond's Tale"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I started a little something in Short Stories and it seems to have potential, but I'm not 100% sure what to do with it. I consider much of what I wrote beyond Chapter 2 to have been a mistake and I've been trying to write my way out of it. I may actually trash everything beyond that point and start over at chapter 2 or 3.

Anyway, what I've got in the broad strokes is a good and versatile (at the moment) protagonist and a good supporting character to help things happen. I've also got a nice "clean slate" world created that I can do almost anything I want with.

What I lack is a major plot to carry through the story. I think half the fun of it is going to be the development of the world and the character, and a series of brief minor plots which will basically make this a series of related but stand-alone short stories. To really bring it together though I think I need a larger plot of some kind to follow so that the minor conflicts end up being more than the sum of their parts.

In so many words- I've got a homeless girl going to a new world with a half-nutty bartender to have a bunch of adventures. What major conflict can we use to carry her around this world and get her into each successive minor adventure?

new topics

join