It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

new rifle

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by selarius
PSG 1s are extremely expensive....and also extremely heavy, over 14 pounds I believe, very long as well..... most situations you wont even see your target over a few hundred yrds.

[edit on 30-4-2005 by selarius]


Ok then, how about rifles like the Dragunov fitted with telescopic sights?




posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by selarius
MG42 has been around for ever, nicknamed the spandau by the allies...
has a ridiculous rate of fireof about 1100-1200 rpm...used to sound like tearing material...had a physological affect on the people it was being used on.


not right, 1200rpm is the rate of fire of MG3, which is nowadays in use in german armed forces (the difference is, that the MG42 had 7,92mm calibre, and MG3 has 7,62 NATO calibre)

the MG42 had around 1500rpm, and the sound like tearing material is still there...

[edit on 30-4-2005 by Wodan]



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A Mg-42 overheated easily, thats why they tried to make the M-60 by reverse engineering one, but it still overheated easily, and even then, after firing around 30 rounds, you would still be shaking long after you stopped firing, and it is still quite hard to control.



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
A Mg-42 overheated easily, thats why they tried to make the M-60 by reverse engineering one, but it still overheated easily, and even then, after firing around 30 rounds, you would still be shaking long after you stopped firing, and it is still quite hard to control.


dont compare a great rifle with the M60!!!!



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It wasn't a rifle like the M-16. It was a machine gun like the M-60 or GPMG or RPK, and those are heavy and hard to move around. Thats also why only big burly black men hold M-60s in all Vietnam war movies. The M-60 is also known as "The Pig" for obvious reasons.



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
It wasn't a rifle like the M-16. It was a machine gun like the M-60 or GPMG or RPK, and those are heavy and hard to move around. Thats also why only big burly black men hold M-60s in all Vietnam war movies. The M-60 is also known as "The Pig" for obvious reasons.


of course its a machine gun, do you think Im dumb???

and as I said the M60 is crap, compared to good machine guns like the MG42/MG3



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sorry, no offense


Oh, and yes, the M-60 is just a reverse engineered Mg-42. A great example about crappy American reversed engineered stuff (and you thought that honour belonged to China...what a shame!)
JKing



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   



Oh, and yes, the M-60 is just a reverse engineered Mg-42

and not really good reverse engineered...



posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yea apparently the eastern bloc set up unit like that...the great thing about the dragonov...if u want to make the next best thing urself is to buy a .308 Saiga and dump a scope on it ...and there u have it.
. Thought about doing that myself..but my SLR L1A1 doesnt see enough light as it is.



posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Can you name the source which said SAS use G-36?

I've read that SBS and SAS operatives used it while in 14th Intel in Northern Ireland. Read "First into action" by Duncan Falconer.


So far I know they use M-16 or 7.62mm G3 if higher caliber is necessary.

I believe they used those 2 weapons as well....most likely they will use the weapon they think they need for the job.



posted on May, 1 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I've read that SBS and SAS operatives used it while in 14th Intel in Northern Ireland. Read "First into action" by Duncan Falconer.


Was it not G3??



posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Was it not G3??

I'll double check once I find the book again....but I'm sure it was a G-36.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join