It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the US military have super immunity boosters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Is it possible that America can protect its' soldiers from common illnesses with (experimental) vaccinations?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No actually its very much the opposite, these expiremental vaccines, not tested, not approved, are the suspected Cause of Gulf War Syndrome.

Some people in the military spoke out, about the fact then when they were giving these shots they were told not to make any record of who they shot up and what they shot the soldiers up with.

There was only one company that was allowed to make an Anthrax vaccine in the USA, they profitted directly from the 2001 Anthrax letter attacks. Their #2 guy in charge was the #1 suspect of said attacks, but was never arrested, I think he may have disappeared home, back to Saudi Arabia.
The #1 guy in charge is some military chief of staff ass. This is the same company that produced the Anthrax vaccine that is potentially responsible for the postwar-deaths of thousands of Gulf War 1 vets.
They could not get FDA approval for their vaccine because they violated too many FDA safety regulations, they could not even get testing approval, but our soldiers were dosed with this virus.

If there is any reason not to join the military, this issue should be top of the list.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think you are right in that particular case, but I think the US military has
been working on proactive vaccines for many years.

The HeppatitisB vaccine was probably first used in the military.

We always hear about the bad things...

but I thik that sometimes there are unexpected benefits that happen also.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
hm.. sound logical, but is it possible for them to create super boosters that strengthened the soldier itself?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hrtw
hm.. sound logical, but is it possible for them to create super boosters that strengthened the soldier itself?

You mean like the amphetmines they provided to soldiers in Nam, and still require long range pilots to take?

Our guys are still dying, so I really don't think they have anything that makes a "super soldier".
If they could do such a thing, they wouldn't be planning on spending billions of dollars replacing combat personnel with unfeeling mindless killing machine robots.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Point taken.

Still, while various militaries indulge in bio-warfare and research,

I would think they would develop some precautions for their own soilders...

Amphetamines, while having a short term benifit, severly deplete the body.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
They do try to help our guys out with new drugs, but some of it has very nasty effects.

Pyridostigmine Bromide (spelling?) given in the NAPPS (Nerve Agent Pridostigmine Prevention System) can cause neurological problems and may partially explain Gulf War Syndrome. The main problem with this may have been that they were given under the supervision of military NCOs rather than doctors. The dosing schedule was not followed and some people got too much. There is some brief mention of this in Anthony Swafford's book, Jarhead.

Amphedamines have already been mentioned. Those were apparently behind an incident that resulted in an American pilot bombing our Canadian allies.

Some participants in Desert Storm developed assymptomatic cases of certain bovine STDs as a result of bad vaccinations (possibly not properly stored) resulting in their wives acquiring some very nasty problems including open sores and even cancer of the uterus.

I'm sure that once in a while they give our guys something that actually works and helps- our guys may not even know about it either. They stick you with a thousand needles- including one in bootcamp that would make it awfully tough to sit down if not for the fact that sitting down is generally frowned upon in boot anyway.

In general though I don't think the pharmeceutical industry can afford to hold things back from the general population because military budgets generally won't support the tremendous costs of drugs. It's bad enough that the military is the only buyer of the weapons systems they use, resulting in tremendous costs. I'm sure they'd just assume share the costs with the civilian sector in any case where the item in question isn't a vital military advantage.

In the future though, military applications of nano-technology may give us some interesting "super soldier" type stuff that could concievably be held back from the general population. Just for example, if they developed a nano-machine that would carry a supply of adrenaline in your blood to release when when you had trouble, that really wouldn't have much non-abusive application for civilians, except perhaps for those with major cardiac problems or some such thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
... I originally started this thread because when Iwas active in the U.S. military I was given a series of three (3) injections... To my knowledge noone else was given these injections at this time...I was about a week away from returning to America, along with the rest of my squadron. There was a corpsman in the sickbay whom I had gone to hospital corps school with., (he seemed more frightened than me when I was given the injections)

When I was given the shots in the military, they said they were for tetanus, typhoid, and flu.

In the short term I had some disturbing psychtropic reactions, but I have not been really ill since that time, even with the flu. Often now, if I feel a cold coming on and I treat it phrophylatically with just asprin, I won't even get ill at all. Add this to the fact, that according to doctors, I have a low white blood cell count!

A couple of years ago I was stabbed in the face with a knife. A day or two later I was gettig a sore throat, and thought I was coming down with tetanus. I went to my doctor to get a tetanus shot and my symptoms were
dissapating around an hour later!

I was once bitten on the leg by a disabled person, in a group home. I went to the hospital for a series of hepatitis B shots, and I didn't have to complete the series because according to the hospital I already had immunity, according to my blood work.

Now, ...I was released from active duty in the military over twenty(20) years ago!!

[edit on 21-6-2005 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
If they could do such a thing, they wouldn't be planning on spending billions of dollars replacing combat personnel with unfeeling mindless killing machine robots.

And how would that be different from now?
Only difference is in capabilities, the training provided to soldiers these days turns them into mindless killing machines as back in the day it was a task just to get soldiers to shoot towards the enemy and not miss purposely, now with current training methods the 70 % who did not shoot at the enemy has now Turned into 90 + % who do shoot at the enemy by de-humanizing the conflict, only difference is that 'Bots will be more expensive to maintain but harder to kill.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Of course it is... BUt i d'nt believe that they are doing it...

top topics

join