It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Islam says about Mary and Jesus ??????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Assalamu Alaykum
Peace be on you

I would like every one here to know who is Marry and Jesus (peace and blessing be upon them) according to Islamic faith.

These 7 well-designed paragraphs will show you Islamic view to those two purificated hholy people.

www.harunyahya.com...

O Jesus!
O God's word!
O God's spirit!
O God's beloved one!
Let God be witness that I love you and I love your mother.
So please, ask God to complete my happiness in the day of Judgment by seeing you in the heavens.

Any other questionabout this issue, I will be more than happy to answer it

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Islam]

CAPS TITLE EDIT

[edit on 5-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So do muslims think Jesus was our savior? Or is it Muhamed? I also heard islam was started by as son that Abraham had with his maid. Is this true?
I should probably listen to my moslem cousins.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Islam does make claim that the son of abraham that God meant was Ishmal(sp?) and not Isaac because he was the true first born son, but i'm sure you know why jews/christians consider it to be Isaac. Islam does say that Jesus was the messiah and was born from the virgin birth. HOWEVER, Islam says that someone else was crucified in Jesus' place, which would then make him not the messiah because he didn't meet all of the required prophecies and they aren't gonna be met in his second coming(which they also believe), and would actually mean God was wrong, wouldn't it?

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Islam
Any other questionabout this issue, I will be more than happy to answer it

Cool. Thank you Islam.

Just moving this to Faith, Spirituality and Theology so you can do just that. Wanted to comment on this in open so others start seeing the difference in Theology and Conspiracies in Religion in order to know where to post.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

So do muslims think Jesus was our savior? Or is it Muhamed? I also heard islam was started by as son that Abraham had with his maid. Is this true?

- The only savior is God or in Arabic "Allah." But the holy people like Jesus and Muhammad (peace and blessings upon them) will help the believers to enter heavens because of their voluble level in the dight of Allah. But again, they cannot do any thing except by the permission of Allah the all mighty.
God said regarding to that:

"None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from (Allah) Most Gracious." [Mary - 87]

" On that day they shall follow the inviter, there is no crookedness in him, and the voices shall be low before the Beneficent Allah so that you shall not hear aught but a soft sound.
On that Day shall no intercession avail except for those for whom permission has been granted by (Allah) Most Gracious and whose word is acceptable to Him." [Taha - 108-109]

- i dont understand the other question well.

But Islam started by Muhammad.
But Abraham is the father of propphts and he is the one who built the holy Ka'ba (the black cube in Makkah). And the goodtiding of Muhammad started then.

Islam does make claim that the son of abraham that God meant was Ishmal(sp?) and not Isaac because he was the true first born son, but i'm sure you know why jews/christians consider it to be Isaac. Islam does say that Jesus was the messiah and was born from the virgin birth. HOWEVER, Islam says that someone else was crucified in Jesus' place, which would then make him not the messiah because he didn't meet all of the required prophecies and they aren't gonna be met in his second coming(which they also believe), and would actually mean God was wrong, wouldn't it?

Most what you said is right.
But Jesus is the truthful messiah, an we dont believe that the messiah will be put in the cross in order for God to forgive us.

That is for many reasons like:
1. God is full of mercy, so how he would kill a pure, perfect, holy, innocent man like Jsus?
2. God can do ebery thing, so he can forgive one's sins if he return to him without killing Jesus (peace be upon him).

Thank you Rant for changing the topic to its convinient place.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Islam]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
1.) Your right, God didn't kill Jesus, MAN DID!
2.) God could forgive sins, but he wanted to come down here to see why we were sinning sooo much, and he left Isaiah with the prophecies, which Jesus doesn't fully complete unless the Jews crucify him.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
But why God didnt save his "son" or "himself"?
And why God allowed the man to kill Jesus if he doesnt want to?

Christianity says that God IS the one who want his "son" to be killed.

- Do you mean God COULD NOT know why we were sinning so much unless by coming down ?????? Didnt he the one who create us and he should know everything about us??

- Can God NOT save himself from killeng?!!!!?!?!??!?! Then how I will ask him to save me if i am in trouble ???

- I scare from a God that kill innocents to forgive bad guys. And if so, I will not be good so that God will not kill me oneday for the sake of a bad guy!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

But why God didnt save his "son" or "himself"?
And why God allowed the man to kill Jesus if he doesnt want to?

Christianity says that God IS the one who want his "son" to be killed.

- Do you mean God COULD NOT know why we were sinning so much unless by coming down ?????? Didnt he the one who create us and he should know everything about us??

- Can God NOT save himself from killeng?!!!!?!?!??!?! Then how I will ask him to save me if i am in trouble ???

- I scare from a God that kill innocents to forgive bad guys. And if so, I will not be good so that God will not kill me oneday for the sake of a bad guy!!!!!!!!!

Okay, it is possible that God could have forgiven us otherwise. But since Adam and Eve chose to disobey him that means every human being was born into sin. Now, that would mean that you are a sinner from birth, that means you have acted in a manner that is not in accordance of how you should act for God, and how you were created to act. Also, God didn't have to come down to forgive us, or to even see what it was like to be of the flesh on Earth, but he did, and I am sure he knew how it was going to feel. Thus, he laid out the prophecies in Psalms, and Isaiah, to name a few of the places, to show what would happen to the savior when he came down. Yes, God could have just done all this from the comfort of heaven, but that would essentially give humanity less freedom, hell, Jesus, in his own sense, has turned man's head to less freedoms as well. But here we go: Jesus came down to spread the good news! To tell everyone that they just have to believe and have a relationship with God and they will be accepted into heaven! Now, back to the prophecies. God said that the one who comes down and is the savior, these things will happen to him, as previously mentioned. Where Islam lacks is that Jesus doesn't get crucified, he wasn't pierced through the hands and feet as prophecised, and he wasn't crushed for our own transgressions. These things are real prophecies, as real as the Virgin Birth in the Town of Bethlehem. Now, the good news ultimately led Jesus to the cross because he was sinless. Why? Because of the Virgin birth. He wasn't born of a man and a woman, rather of God, thus he had no original sin. Had he decided, "Hey I don't feel like getting crucified today, lets let all the Angels come down upon the Earth and kill these men," would that not have been a sin for his own well being, knowing full well that his kingdom awaited him? Would that not have been falling right into Satan's trap? Selfishness over Selflessness. What good what that have done for humanity? none. In fact, it would have only done good for himself. Thus he didn't have to call down any Angels, and he needed to fulfill those prophecies for mankind to truly believe. And we do! 2 billion of us to be more precise.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
regardless of what God can or can't do, which I believe we will both say he can do all, the point is that God laid out specific parameters that would have to be fulfilled by this messiah, and according to Islam he didn't complete them. Now, I am not one of those facist Christians who believe you are going to hell because you don't believe what I do. Hell, I think anyone who believes in a God will go to Heaven. I believe we are on the same playing field here, more than the Jews and Christians. I say this because you too believe that Jesus is the Messiah, we just have discrepencies on what actually happened to him, and what someone said later on, if it is of any relevance (Muhammad). But beyond that, I say, that Islam believes Jesus was the Messiah, Jesus said through me you are saved, thus you are saved. And through him, at least in my personal beliefs, would be God, and anyone who believes in God, believes in him. You see where I am coming from? Not saying do you believe what I say, just saying you see where I am coming from.

More Importantly, I appologize for replying to this in the manner that I did, and I am still confused as to why I did that. I would like to say thank you for the well thought out discussion about Islam, and this thread would be better directed towards someone who had some legitimate questions about Islam as opposed to someone who is arguing whose religion is right. We just need to be brothers, if you get what I mean, and agree that we are going to disagree. Well, have a good day sir, and best of luck to you.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hi Rynap:

I really was confused from the reply because it is very condence but I understand it

Ok >>

1. The bible say that the hanged is accursed from God!

[23] ... for he that is hanged is accursed of God; that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance. [Deut.21]

Chrisstianity says that Jesus was hanged on a cross .. But the bible say that the hanged one is accursed from God!!! Isn't that mean that Jesus is accursed!!! Can that be!!

2. There are many Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad/

This is one of it:

www.islam-guide.com...

3. Ofcourse we are brothers

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Chrisstianity says that Jesus was hanged on a cross .. But the bible say that the hanged one is accursed from God!!! Isn't that mean that Jesus is accursed!!! Can that be!!
2. There are many Biblical Prophecies on the Advent of Muhammad/

www.islam-guide.com...

Jesus had the sins of the world placed upon Himself(willingly) so that we can be forgiven. The wrath of God for sin was taken out upon Jesus.

The verses you attribute to to Muhammad are talking of Christ.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Hell, I think anyone who believes in a God will go to Heaven.

There is only one God. Salvation is found only in Christ. It doesn't benefit a person to not know the truth. It makes people feel better to think everyone goes to heaven, no matter who they follow. But it also keeps people in their sins and on the road to seperation from God.

Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

In your narrowminded myoptic opinion of course.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Hell, I think anyone who believes in a God will go to Heaven.

There is only one God. Salvation is found only in Christ. It doesn't benefit a person to not know the truth. It makes people feel better to think everyone goes to heaven, no matter who they follow. But it also keeps people in their sins and on the road to seperation from God.

Salvation is found THROUGH Christ, not IN Christ. If you follow Jesus's message, the way he lived, you will be saved. Jesus believed in the One True God. Do the same, and you too can be saved. So, what Ryanp said is correct in a way.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
If you follow Jesus's message, the way he lived, you will be saved. Jesus believed in the One True God. Do the same, and you too can be saved.

You should live your life as God desires, but you have a past, present and future sin load that MUST be removed. These sins can only be removed through a person's acceptance of what Christ has done, in His death, burial and resurrection. Then when the Holy Spirirt comes and resides in you, a person can live a life that aligns with God.

spelling edit

[edit on 11-4-2005 by dbrandt]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What many people never think about the myth of the bible is that if a God created man this God have the power to end nonsenses with man anytime it wants to.

Its not need form a creator to send a " human version of itself" to save human being from its sins.

That sounds to human to let it go.

A creator has the power not humans. The bible, religion and humans has humanized the creator to the point that it needed a human version to keep the believers hook to lie.

Islam have to take in consideration the bible myth of Jesus, due to the fact that Christianity has become so popular among people and can not be ignore.

Not because is the truth but because followers believe if the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Jesus had the sins of the world placed upon Himself(willingly) so that we can be forgiven. The wrath of God for sin was taken out upon Jesus.

The verses you attribute to to Muhammad are talking of Christ.

Hi

1. Jesus didnt made what he made willingly.

The bible say:
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [Matthew 27:46]

2. The verse is about Muhammad. READ THE EXPLANATION ON THE LINK then Discuss the explanation.
www.islam-guide.com...

Salvation is found THROUGH Christ, not IN Christ. If you follow Jesus's message, the way he lived, you will be saved. Jesus believed in the One True God. Do the same, and you too can be saved. So, what Ryanp said is correct in a way.

You are completely right.
If we follow the way of Jesus, then we will be among the succesful in hereafter.
Jesus, Moses, Abraham, and Muhammad. All of them are from the same God. And Muhammad is nothing but the seal and the last of prophets who continued their revelations.

You should live your life as God desires, but you have a past, present and future sin load that MUST be removed. These sins can only be removed through a person's acceptance of what Christ has done, in His death, burial and resurrection. Then when the Holy Spirirt comes and resides in you, a person can live a life that aligns with God.

1. God is full of mercy and he(because he is God) can do every thing and thus there is no excecuse to kill his "son" the best creature at that time for those who are committing adultry and killing people.

2. What is the benefit of following the ten commands if we will enter heaven if we just believe that Jesus die for us ????

3. The bible say:

", even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." [Isaiah 43:11]

Also it says:

"have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me." [Isaiah 45:21]

Also it says:

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." [Isaiah 55:7]

Also it says:

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." [Ezkiel 18:20]

Also it says:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. " [Matthew 7:1].

Islam have to take in consideration the bible myth of Jesus, due to the fact that Christianity has become so popular among people and can not be ignore.

Not because is the truth but because followers believe if the truth

Hi

1. Islam is not like christianity. We cannot add any single rule if it was not stated by Allah or Muhammad. While in Christianity, pops add rules that was not mentioned before. Also, Quran hasnt been changed till NOW. NO verse was changed and NO one can change it AT ALLLLL.

2. Islam is the second religion in population. But it is THE FIRST GROWING RELIGION.
www.cnn.com...
www.iol.ie...
ISLAM came after 600 years from Christianity and right now it is 22% of the world while Christianity is 30%. That means statically in 600 years Islam will be the biggest religion.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

1. Jesus didnt made what he made willingly.

The bible say:
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [Matthew 27:46]

John 10:18 (Jesus talking, speaking of His life)No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

At the moment He cried out My God, My God...the sins of the world were placed on Him as if He had done them. One who knew no sin, at that moment, had every sin from every person who will ever live placed upon Him, so that it could be punished. Jesus, who is God, at that moment was seperated from God the Father and the Holy Spirit and sin received the wrath of God. He faced and did this so that anyone who believes in Him for the forgiveness of sins could have their sins removed and they would never have to receive the judgement of God upon themselves.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

1. God is full of mercy and he(because he is God) can do every thing and thus there is no excecuse to kill his "son" the best creature at that time for those who are committing adultry and killing people.

2. What is the benefit of following the ten commands if we will enter heaven if we just believe that Jesus die for us ????

3. The bible say:

", even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." [Isaiah 43:11]

Every single person is seperated from God by their sins. One sin brings seperation from God, now and eternally. Sins have to be removed for a person to be able to live with God. Christ took my sins and placed them upon Himself and took the punishment for them, so if I by faith, trust in Christ, and His sustitutionary death in my place, I am forgiven. When this happened God came to dwell in me, and I am justified and become sanctified. This is offered to every person.

You cannot keep the 10 commandments without God living in you.

A part that many people don't understand concerning God is, Jesus Christ is God. He was/is more than a good man, more than a prophet. He is God in human flesh. God came to save mankind. He reached down to us and gives us eternal life freely through Christ. You don't have to earn a gift. A gift is given, the person to whom the gift is given can accept it or reject it. You don't work to earn a gift, if you did it wouldn't be free.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

1. Islam is not like christianity.While in Christianity, pops add rules that was not mentioned before.

This is true.

True christianity doesn't add anything to the Gospel. The Gospel found in the Bible is very simple. Each man or woman is seperated by God from their sin. Christ came and removed that sin. Place your faith in Christ and your sin is forgiven and one is restored to a relationship with God that is eternal and everlasting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join