It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Eclipse on the day of Popes Funeral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
www.space.com

intresting...well as they say, Like the birthpains of a mother.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i just came from another post and it said he was born on the day of a solar eclipse as well. Is this true?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You *do* realize, don't you, that this solar eclipse was foretold at the time the solar system cooled down, some 5 billion years ago?

WE don't have angels or deities running around, setting off solar eclipses. They happen in a regular and predictable pattern. Nor do the Cardinals take into account every celestial event when they plan things. The timing is coincidence.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
but it helps to fulfill the prophecy set by St. Malachy and his list of popes.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It is interesting that John Paul 2 is both born and buried under solar eclipses.
It would seem to point to, the "prophecy" of malachy.
I think I hear the Twilight Zone music.....

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the actual prophecy of st. malachi

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
Does anyone have a link to the actual prophecy of st. malachi
Google

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You can thank the activities director for setting up his death rituals so nicely. Instead dying on April Fools day, he supposedly died a couple of days afterwards.

A funeral scheduled during an eclipse? Hardly something that is prophesies or supernatural..

Hell, to prove it, I will resurrect the second coming for my own amusement.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword
You can thank the activities director for setting up his death rituals so nicely. Instead dying on April Fools day, he supposedly died a couple of days afterwards.

A funeral scheduled during an eclipse? Hardly something that is prophesies or supernatural..

Was your last sentence supposed to be a joke?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Originally posted by IComeWithASword

Was your last sentence supposed to be a joke?

lol... that was nice, i liked it!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here's the relevant part of St Malachy's prophecy, from the Catholic Encyclopedia: www.newadvent.org...

The last of these prophecies concerns the end of the world and is as follows: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End." It has been noticed concerning Petrus Romanus, who according to St. Malachy's list is to be the last pope, that the prophecy does not say that no popes will intervene between him and his predecessor designated Gloria olivæ. It merely says that he is to be the last, so that we may suppose as many popes as we please before "Peter the Roman". Cornelius a Lapide refers to this prophecy in his commentary "On the Gospel of St. John" (C. xvi) and "On the Apocalypse" (cc. xvii-xx), and he endeavours to calculate according to it the remaining years of time.

I guess we're about to find out if this prophecy is bunk or not, eh? "Peter the Roman" would not be coming from latin America, will he? Hmm...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
we still have to do Gloria Olivia. Besides, it would make more sense that the Catholic Church added on to the list of popes with the name Peterus Romanus because they didn't want to scare people as to when the actual Tribulation would begin!

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You *do* realize, don't you, that this solar eclipse was foretold at the time the solar system cooled down, some 5 billion years ago?

WE don't have angels or deities running around, setting off solar eclipses. They happen in a regular and predictable pattern. Nor do the Cardinals take into account every celestial event when they plan things. The timing is coincidence.

of course, whos to say when he died? artificially aligning events to match celestial events and play it of as divine providence is one of the older tricks in the book, even pre-dating xtiainity and judaism.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The timing is coincidence.

Satanists staging self fulfilling prophecy for De Laboris Solis
Officially born during a solar eclipse
Crowned after the last Pope guilty of having interrupted the last dynasty of Satan in the Vatican was murdered, after ... days.
Sent to meet his master at 2+1+3+7=4+2+2+5=...
To be buried at April 8, "it will be the last partial solar eclipse visible from the continental United States until May 20, 2012."
www.cnn.com...
in the tomb of his father and founder of the last dynasty, XXIII : 2/3=...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I pasted this link into the ATSNN thread that's about the eclipse. It contains a list of all the popes/prophetic mottos:

www.catholic-pages.com...

The "Glory of the Olives" comes after the "Labor of the Sun"

It is unclear if Peter the Roman comes right after 'Olives' or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Follow this link and you can find the maps and information for all the solar Eclipses specifically 100 years into the past and future.

Jp2 was born on May 18th 1920, it was a partial eclpise (40%) that only was visible in australia.

Now if the Pope Died on april 8th it would certainly support the Malachy prophacy. I just seriousuly wonder who has choosen to wait til apirl 8th to bury JP2 just so that the prophacy can somehow be fulfilled.

Btw, use the link above and you can look at the April 8th Eclipesand see that thereis no way it can be visible in Europe

Now if Jp2 was born while a total eclipse was happening over poland, and died with another one (or even lunar) was occuring I would be firmly convninced that the Malachy prohacy could ahve come true.

Otherwise.. it is pure cooincidance, and anotehr attempt to come up with explinations in order to suppert a rather questionable prophacy

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
By JPII's wishes he had to be buried between 4 and 6 days after his death. Friday is the 6th day.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
doesn't mean much except they waited til the last minute. I think tradition says they have to be buried no later then 8 days after thier death

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
doesn't mean much except they waited til the last minute. I think tradition says they have to be buried no later then 8 days after thier death
Tradition went out the door in 1996 with JP II's bull. He said 4-6 days after death and it is taking place on the 6th day after his death.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
What an absolute pile of elasticated pants....but then this is atypical of this forums continuing trend of people reading into things that are not actually there.

Jesus Christ on high...If there is a solar eclipse when he is buried then it is nothing more then coincidence....Use a bit of common sense before your brains start running out of your nose.

[edit on 7-4-2005 by BobDylan]

[edit on 7-4-2005 by BobDylan]

top topics

join